Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

3 minutes ago, Okapi p4pi said:

Frustrated after watching the game, but one thing I will say is at least we had a chance to win at the end of it.  If we can continue to be competitive, believe it or not that is improvement over the last few weeks. I'm glad they benched William Jackson, now they need to bench Bobby McCain, and FINALLY Montez Sweat decided to play football. Idk what to say about the offense, that is a train wreck of a situation.

I missed the Wj3 benching.  Who was playing CB1?

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're talking about this as if it's pure analytics. If we put a completely unready Howell out there behind this crap OL, we're not going to be able to really evaluate him and we'd also most likely ruin any chance of developing him if he's getting sacked 5 times a game.

Who cares? 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Then the only option to replace him is Howell. They're not going to start Heinicke over Wentz.

Personally, I'd much rather they let Wentz keep taking beatings behind a crap OL than put Howell in there before he's ready and get him shell shocked.

Exactly.

Wentz, for better or worse, gives us beat chance to win and evaluate the offense.

Putting Howell back there would only make a handful of fans happy until they turn in him too while simultaneously ruining his development and career.

8 minutes ago, Okapi p4pi said:

Frustrated after watching the game, but one thing I will say is at least we had a chance to win at the end of it.  If we can continue to be competitive, believe it or not that is improvement over the last few weeks. I'm glad they benched William Jackson, now they need to bench Bobby McCain, and FINALLY Montez Sweat decided to play football. Idk what to say about the offense, that is a train wreck of a situation.

Titans were ranked 21st in offense, and 26th on defense.

Their biggest weapon by far was Henry going into the game, the Titans o-line is bad { not THIS team bad though } so the front d-line should have been in the backfield all day, but once again it comes down to scheming, which this team knows nothing about.

If this team is lucky, they'll win maybe 2 more games this year, and thats a big maybe. Wentz was dumped into the team's lap like Indy was taking out the trash, and the o-line isn';t helping matters any. But it will take at least 3 years for this team to acquire/draft/sign good o-linemen, and I cannot envision Wentz lasting that long or him being wanted on the team that long. With an unimaginative HC and OC, nothing will change in 3 years unless a very mobile QB is put in, and a competent QB coach would be nice, but by that time most of the good players on both sides of the ball will want out or sign elsewhere, so they end up right back at square 1. 

With Snyder not selling the team, nothing will change. I feel for those who were not around for the good times back in the 80's, at least I have that locked away in my mind...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Titans were ranked 21st in offense, and 26th on defense.

Their biggest weapon by far was Henry going into the game, the Titans o-line is bad { not THIS team bad though } so the front d-line should have been in the backfield all day, but once again it comes down to scheming, which this team knows nothing about.

If this team is lucky, they'll win maybe 2 more games this year, and thats a big maybe. Wentz was dumped into the team's lap like Indy was taking out the trash, and the o-line isn';t helping matters any. But it will take at least 3 years for this team to acquire/draft/sign good o-linemen, and I cannot envision Wentz lasting that long or him being wanted on the team that long. With an unimaginative HC and OC, nothing will change in 3 years unless a very mobile QB is put in, and a competent QB coach would be nice, but by that time most of the good players on both sides of the ball will want out or sign elsewhere, so they end up right back at square 1. 

With Snyder not selling the team, nothing will change. I feel for those who were not around for the good times back in the 80's, at least I have that locked away in my mind...

Wentz is mobile. As is Heinicke. They've both been exposed, though TH certainly has more physical limitations than Wentz does. Howell is also mobile but he's probably not ready yet.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The players

The coaches

The FO

On the flip side, can you give a good reason to trot Howell out there if he's not ready and if our abysmal OL would get him shell shocked?

Did Howell have a stout OL in college? I think I saw someone post that he didn't so he should be somewhat effect here as well. 

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wentz is mobile. As is Heinicke. They've both been exposed, though TH certainly has more physical limitations than Wentz does. Howell is also mobile but he's probably not ready yet.

Wentz used to be mobile. Now he's only mobile for values of mobile that include being run down from behind by a DT.

1 hour ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Probably , I myself thought (in the moment)

BRob was gettin the ball.

What is the percentage we bench him after 71% usage

Carolina??

Coulda shot it up there with B.Rob....it was perfectly set up.

Just waay too conservative most of the time. But they aggressively do dumb ****.

Idk. Turner's working with a depleted most important unit.

Del Rio has about 6 1st rounders he makes look average.

Please don’t make anymore excuses for Turner. 

• Thanks 1

Just got back from the game.  I will never ever be going back to that stadium again.  The last time I went was 2011 when we got smoked by the Eagles.  I went today because my brother got tickets for his family and found 5 tickets for less than 6 and had an extra ticket.

We got there at like 9:30am or so and it was a ghost town.  No lines on the beltway or nothing.  Last itme I went, we were in line at 8:30am popping beers in the back of the car. This is what it looked like at 9:30ish when we got in there.  A ****ing ghost town.

Then we grilled and stuff and went in around like noon.  And it picked up a bit, but still dead as **** from what we used to do.  This is what it looked like before we walked in and when we got to the gate there was zero line.

After the trek and walking up the back/forth **** to get up to our 400 level seats, we get up there and went to get some drinks.  Half the places were closed down and they had lines since only a few were open.  Since I been there before, we kept talking and found a vendor sitting around the railings and got some beers.  I got 3 beers and then we wanted to get a bottle of water for my nephew and we asked him how much, and he said $8.  My brother and i laughed and were like what a ****ing joke but got it, and the total for 3 beers and 1 water was $62.  We talked to the vendor and even he said he thinks that the stadium is the most expensive in the league and thought it was a joke.

And while we were watching, my sister in law who's not a football fan was asking me the score.  And even on the big screen there were no score.  I knew it was 7-3 at the time but she was like asking me how and I couldn't believe it wasn't just up there front and center on the big screen.

Before we went up, we went to the bathroom and noticed how like half the sinks had the button to press for water broken off.  Oh it was also the most empty I've ever been in a bathroom at Fedex because of how empty it was.  Even prior, when we were tailgaiting, there were 5 outhouses and never had a problem going because no one was there.  Last time I went I remember lines and we would piss in the woods.  I remember going to Ravens games and seeing like 20 outhouses and thinking how much better it was than Fedex.

That last stand we had we were ****ing scratching our heads as to why they didn't run the ball when they had like 20 or so seconds left.  I wish I heard the TV broadcast at that time but it was like WTF are you doing.  This team is just so bad.

Even walking up the back/forth ramps to go to our seats, it was empty.  Same when leaving.  The place was just dead.  

I am completely done with ever going back there and spending any money there.  I will never ever be back there even if it's for free.  **** that place.

I'm so done with this ****ing team.

EDIT:

I haven't even mentioned leaving.  We left and were in stand still traffic for like 30 minutes.  Nobody was out there directing traffic or anything.  A complete **** show.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Did Howell have a stout OL in college? I think I saw someone post that he didn't so he should be somewhat effect here as well. 

I think he had a pretty mediocre OL. But having a mediocre OL in college and being a rookie in the NFL and getting thrown to the wolves behind a crap OL are two very different things IMO. I think Howell would likely survive but I still question how much we'd really be able to glean about him in that situation.

10 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Wentz used to be mobile. Now he's only mobile for values of mobile that include being run down from behind by a DT.

He showed some pretty good mobility today, but I don't disagree that he's not the guy he was in 2017. That being said, Heinicke really didn't really run much more last season than Wentz is this one. Wentz is currently at about 15 yards per game rushing and Heinicke was at about 18 last season. 

I'd say for mobility Howell is better than either. Bigger than Heinicke so he can probably take more punishment, and faster/quicker than Wentz. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, zCommander said:

1st 2 seasons yes. Last year they sucked. He had defenses in his face the whole season.

Edited by Skintime
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Just got back from the game.  I will never ever be going back to that stadium again.  The last time I went was 2011 when we got smoked by the Eagles.  I went today because my brother got tickets for his family and found 5 tickets for less than 6 and had an extra ticket.

We got there at like 9:30am or so and it was a ghost town.  No lines on the beltway or nothing.  Last itme I went, we were in line at 8:30am popping beers in the back of the car. This is what it looked like at 9:30ish when we got in there.  A ****ing ghost town.

Then we grilled and stuff and went in around like noon.  And it picked up a bit, but still dead as **** from what we used to do.  This is what it looked like before we walked in and when we got to the gate there was zero line.

After the trek and walking up the back/forth **** to get up to our 400 level seats, we get up there and went to get some drinks.  Half the places were closed down and they had lines since only a few were open.  Since I been there before, we kept talking and found a vendor sitting around the railings and got some beers.  I got 3 beers and then we wanted to get a bottle of water for my nephew and we asked him how much, and he said $8.  My brother and i laughed and were like what a ****ing joke but got it, and the total for 3 beers and 1 water was $62.  We talked to the vendor and even he said he thinks that the stadium is the most expensive in the league and thought it was a joke.

And while we were watching, my sister in law who's not a football fan was asking me the score.  And even on the big screen there were no score.  I knew it was 7-3 at the time but she was like asking me how and I couldn't believe it wasn't just up there front and center on the big screen.

Before we went up, we went to the bathroom and noticed how like half the sinks had the button to press for water broken off.  Oh it was also the most empty I've ever been in a bathroom at Fedex because of how empty it was.  Even prior, when we were tailgaiting, there were 5 outhouses and never had a problem going because no one was there.  Last time I went I remember lines and we would piss in the woods.  I remember going to Ravens games and seeing like 20 outhouses and thinking how much better it was than Fedex.

That last stand we had we were ****ing scratching our heads as to why they didn't run the ball when they had like 20 or so seconds left.  I wish I heard the TV broadcast at that time but it was like WTF are you doing.  This team is just so bad.

Even walking up the back/forth ramps to go to our seats, it was empty.  Same when leaving.  The place was just dead.  

I am completely done with ever going back there and spending any money there.  I will never ever be back there even if it's for free.  **** that place.

EDIT:

I haven't even mentioned leaving.  We left and were in stand still traffic for like 30 minutes.  Nobody was out there directing traffic or anything.  A complete **** show.

I went to the game had redzone parking. The lot was jumping at 11, when we left after the game we were out in 5 mins and in frederick md in an hour.

if anyone goes to the stadium do the redzone parking 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

EDIT:

Great post and vids.

It's just so damn sad what has become of us.

I've spent my entire life trying to always be a positive-- the glass ain't half full it's overflowing-- kind of guy but damnit this **** is starting to really get to me.

I gotta start cheering for other teams or something. I don't know.

Just glad I have this forum to vent and suffer with friends...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think he had a pretty mediocre OL. But having a mediocre OL in college and being a rookie in the NFL and getting thrown to the wolves behind a crap OL are two very different things IMO. I think Howell would likely survive but I still question how much we'd really be able to glean about him in that situation.z. 

I am thinking what if they see that Howell is able to move into the pocket even though he is about to get crushed and throws a nice pass to move the sticks, or he throws a lot quicker and in turn helps the OL from trying to blocking for more than 3 seconds. (Not sure how long Wentz has had currently but today it looked like he had more time) or he runs and is more mobile when the play breaks down or he just throws the ball away instead of taking a sack. These little things should help the coach make a some sort an educated decision while keeping everything perspective like the state of the OL.