Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

So the Analytics guys will love that.  The analytics say if you're down by 14, go for two, because you have a greater chance to win.

I've never bought it.  

The other thought is they are going to need to score twice anyway to win the game.  So, being down 7 or 8 really doesn't matter.  

I would still have kicked.  But I kindof get the rationale.  And I've heard A LOT of the analytics people push this for years. 

****ing hell that was ugly. take the extra point and pin your ears back on D. if Wentz stops, sets his feet and throws a bullet he probably has a better shot at hitting someone. 

Now it's still a 2-possession game. we needed better play design on that. Boot, read-option, something. Turner giveth and Turner taketh.

That decision to go for two there was the dumbest ****ing playcall that will be made today, tomorrow and maybe the rest of the ****ing season. Ron took a possible tease snd turned off TV’s all around the DMV.

**** you, Ron, **** you, Dan, **** you, Cooke for not leaving the status of this team in better shape when you died.

• Thanks 1

Just now, IrepDC said:

Turner's offense has occasionally done it since he got here. May be a timing issue but it happens often enough that I've seen others point it out.

It’s either timing or guys running the wrong route. Guys run wrong routes all the time, even in the NFL.

Theres no way he’s scheming two dudes to the same spot.