Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sigh.  Scott is trying to stick with that run, but I really wouldn't do it.  

Keep pressing the ball down the ball down the field.  

Yep, that's why you got a guy with an arm like Wentz.  

Time to abandon the run, Detroit is starting to show they can't really cover the pass.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep, that's why you got a guy with an arm like Wentz.  

Time to abandon the run, Detroit is starting to show they can't really cover the pass.

I think Scott REALLY thought looking at the film they could run on this front because of what Philly did to them last week.  But Philly is going to run on everybody.  We're not Philly.  

We've got to scheme up what we do well.

Hopefully Scott learns from this.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Ive been waiting to see J williams. He is pretty good at getting 2.5 yards no matter what. Not as good as Bulletproof is but Gibson just is not good at feeling out those power runs he is one cut and go. I mean gibbys vision is way better but still not like guys that have a decade plus at position 

Gibson is actually getting worse as the NFL adjusts to him. He doesn’t see the hole nor can he make a quick cut even if he does see it. It is what it is. I wanted Swfit in the draft but we weren’t in position and would have traded to move up. Too bad we couldn’t 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Scott REALLY thought looking at the film they could run on this front because of what Philly did to them last week.  But Philly is going to run on everybody.  We're not Philly.  

We've got to scheme up what we do well.

Hopefully Scott learns from this.  

This is a good point.  I wonder what our run game will look like when Robinson comes back.  

But until then, it appears that Gibson up the gut is a waste.  If they're going to run it, they need to do more misdirection.  

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Butt-cheek Clenching has released, sadly.  

For now, Wentz suddenly over 260 jus like that, we can move and score fast defense has to jus slow the other team down.

Sadly now we need a stop from them now, but offense showing it can overcome deficits, haven't seen that in a while...

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Detroit can't cover these WRs, the issue is does Wentz get time to throw the ball.  Anytime he does, someone is usually wide open.

"Let's keep an extra blocker in so Wentz has time to see all his wide open WR's"

- Things Scott Turner never thought of.

• Haha 1