Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

I think he played pretty much exactly how I expected him to play. A solid game. He was clearly the most pro ready of the top 5-7 WRs. Thats why he was taken where he was. I still have massive concerns about his ceiling compared to the others selected around him. If he ends up being the rookie of the year awesome but that doesnt prove a draft pick over a long run. 

Might end up being a decent to pretty good player but I dont think he'll ever be considered a top 20 WR which is pretty much what you want your WR to be talked about as a mid first rounder.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 3

7 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I think he played pretty much exactly how I expected him to play. A solid game. He was clearly the most pro ready of the top 5-7 WRs. Thats why he was taken where he was. I still have massive concerns about his ceiling compared to the others selected around him. If he ends up being the rookie of the year awesome but that doesnt prove a draft pick over a long run. 

Might end up being a decent to pretty good player but I dont think he'll ever be considered a top 20 WR which is pretty much what you want your WR to be talked about as a mid first rounder.

Yeah, I don’t agree at all.

I want guys that go out there and make plays, regardless of size speed weight. Jahan will absolutely prove worthy of his draft position, did you not watch those two touchdowns he caught? In his first game ever? And it’s not like he’s some average joe athletically, he has insane body control and route running ability, 2 skills that show on tape not the combine.

Awful take tbh!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Jesus, what do you think a first rounder is supposed to be?

Some sort of all pro guaranteed?

He was the 5th receiver taken and I'd bet all that I own if he ends up rookie of the year and very solid pro bowl but not all pro receiver he'll still be better than most of the guts drafted before him unless this ends up being the greatest receiver draft in history. 

First round draft picks are crap shoots just like the rest of them only you have better odds.

Guy gets two touchdowns in his rookie debut and your unsatisfied, damn some people are impossible to please!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I get what you're saying. Not quite enough top tier quick twitch or speed, but his body control and hands away from his body are clearly upper tier. His route running, and feel for coverages are pluses.

At a certain point the entire basket of skills adds up to a pretty good player. Which can make up for not having some super elite physical trait.

18 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I hate to break this to you…but there was nothing “decent to pretty good” about his second TD catch. That was elite.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. 😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Jesus, what do you think a first rounder is supposed to be?

Some sort of all pro guaranteed?

He was the 5th receiver taken and I'd bet all that I own if he ends up rookie of the year and very solid pro bowl but not all pro receiver he'll still be better than most of the guts drafted before him unless this ends up being the greatest receiver draft in history. 

First round draft picks are crap shoots just like the rest of them only you have better odds.

Guy gets two touchdowns in his rookie debut and your unsatisfied, damn some people are impossible to please!

Guaranteed? No. But in the convo for at least 10-20 in the league? Absolutely. Given his size that achievement would be extraordinary. I see almost zero chance hes an elite WR. Especially given nearly every single elite is an X.  

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

but there was nothing “decent to pretty good” about his second TD catch. That was elite.

You mean when the DB made exactly zero play on the ball? 

Look I like him but his production was/is to be expected. Certainly not drafted for his physicals. His ability to play now is why he was the 16th pick. If he was raw like a Christian Watson he would have been a 5th rounder. 

Edited by Zim489

30 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Guaranteed? No. But in the convo for at least 10-20 in the league? Absolutely. Given his size that achievement would be extraordinary. I see almost zero chance hes an elite WR. Especially given nearly every single elite is an X. 

If he's rookie of the year he'll be in that convo.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. 

I think you're expectations for the 16th overall pick are absurd.

If we traded multiple first round picks to move up into the top 5 then yes our expectations should be Julio Jones but at 16 what we're getting in the early reports should make anybody ecstatic and if it doesn't you need to reevaluate your expectations of the 16th overall pick.

If he becomes a DeSean Jackson or a Santana moss that's a homerun.

He doesn't have to become Jerry Rice or randy moss to justify the 16th pick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

52 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

You mean when the DB made exactly zero play on the ball? 

Look I like him but his production was/is to be expected. Certainly not drafted for his physicals. His ability to play now is why he was the 16th pick. If he was raw like a Christian Watson he would have been a 5th rounder. 

that DB could make no play for the ball, Doctson had positioned himself so any movement was contact and it becomes PI

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So of all the hot takes I expected to see this week, ‘Jahan Dotson is just a dude doing what he’s supposed to’ wasn’t on the list.  Sheesh.  🤣

@Zim489 has to hate on everything the FO and Ron does because he’s declared them completely incompetent.  So when something they did looks like it’s working, it hurts his argument they are fools, short sighted and generally imbeciles.  

Honestly, this is 100% on brand and not even remotely surprising 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Thing is, with McLauren getting the extension, it pretty much means you just need Dotson to be a solid #2 or maybe even an equal to McLauren for now.  For the time being McLauren is going to be getting most of the #1 DBs from each team covering him most of the time so Dotson will be lining up against the #2 or sometimes #3 maybe depending on the packages.  The roster right now is loaded with talent to where even if you don't have that Top 5 world-beater WR, there are just so many viable options on any given play that it is rare there isn't going to be a mismatch when you send 3-4 out on routes and that isn't even including the TE and/or Gibson.   Unlike Terry where he was drafted into a situation where he needed to evolve into "the guy" right away, Dotson has time to take his licks and develop. 

If Dotson becomes Jarvis Landry for us, I believe we will all be ecstatic. Landry has never been considered elite but the guy has made a lot of Pro Bowls

What will be rare here is having 2 starting WRs with a very mature attitude. I don’t think any other team in the league has that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, method man said:

If Dotson becomes Jarvis Landry for us, I believe we will all be ecstatic. Landry has never been considered elite but the guy has made a lot of Pro Bowls

Yes and that's a big if, at this point he could be much more, and b rob and Percy butler are just bags of cash that fell off the back of the brinks truck at this point too.

If all three of these guys develop like early reports are indicating this could be one of the best trades we've ever had.

I think olave is going to be a stud but if he isn't saint's fans are gonna be pretty pissed off about this one for a while.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1