Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To The Washington Commanders Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

PCS

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You mean the one where the DB made exactly zero play on the ball?”

I have a feeling your post may be sarcastic but I'll reply anyway  

Dotson checked up for a very specific reason, he didn't have to, there's a reason he had to stretch out so far to get it.

Had he not checked up it may have hit the dB in the back of the head, he was there step for step.

That's just one of the reasons that play was so nice, he created just a little separation and then made an almost one handed catch because of it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I have a feeling your post may be sarcastic but I'll reply anyway  

Dotson checked up for a very specific reason, he didn't have to, there's a reason he had to stretch out so far to get it.

Had he not checked up it may have hit the dB in the back of the head, he was there step for step.

That's just one of the reasons that play was so nice, he created just a little separation and then made an almost one handed catch because of it. 

100% unfiltered sarcasm.  It’s an exact quote from earlier, that reads like satire to me.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Guaranteed? No. But in the convo for at least 10-20 in the league? Absolutely. Given his size that achievement would be extraordinary. I see almost zero chance hes an elite WR. Especially given nearly every single elite is an X.  

I too get what you’re saying, but how does the math even work there?  Receivers are in their prime from roughly 23-32.  Roughly 3.5 receivers are drafted in the 1st each year (that’s about 31.5 1st rounders drafted over the ‘prime’ 9 year span), and then you have to factor in the successful receivers drafted after round 1 - guys like Deebo, AJ Brown, Terry, Mike Evans, etc.  Also, for reference, of 77 1st round receivers drafted between 2000-2019, 21 made the pro bowl.

Put another way, and this is semi-subjective, here’s what the last several years have looked like (I’m not including 2021 as it’s too early) in terms of roughly top 20 vs number drafted in the first.

2020 2/6

2019 0/2

2018 2/2

2017 1/3

2016 0/4

2015 1/6

2014 3/5

2013 1/3

2012 0/4

I stopped here cause I got bored.  That’s 10 out of 35.

Basically, I understand your concerns about Dotson’s chances of turning into a top 20 receiver, but I think your expectations are a bit high.  

Probably a more realistic outlook is even if Dotson is only good enough to 1) draw coverage from Terry at times, 2) help Wentz produce, 3) be a solid contributor to a top 10ish offense… that’s a pretty good use of a 1st rounder.  If his career never lifts off because his smaller stature leads to lots of injuries, then he’ll be a bust.  If he reaches that top 10-20 conversation, he’ll have beaten the odds (and not just in terms of measurables).  Time will tell.

• Like 3

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

We had guys running open everywhere, but Wentz played it pretty safe and smart most of the game, but as he gets more comfortable, the Pea**** is gonna fly!

What I like so much about the potential of this offense is that they can attack in so many ways.  This week they moved up and down the field with only four targets to Terry.  With such a wide array of formations/route concepts, it’ll be difficult for opponents to pick up tendencies.  

The offense has come a long ways from the days of telegraphing the run when Ryan Grant got on the field.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What I like so much about the potential of this offense is that they can attack in so many ways.  This week they moved up and down the field with only four targets to Terry.  With such a wide array of formations/route concepts, it’ll be difficult for opponents to pick up tendencies.  

The offense has come a long ways from the days of telegraphing the run when Ryan Grant got on the field.

No ****. The fun thing about Scotts playbook is also that he can run a variety of plays from similar formations and movements. So you think you know what play is about to happen and it's totally different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Probably a more realistic outlook is even if Dotson is only good enough to 1) draw coverage from Terry at times, 2) help Wentz produce, 3) be a solid contributor to a top 10ish offense… that’s a pretty good use of a 1st rounder.  If his career never lifts off because his smaller stature leads to lots of injuries, then he’ll be a bust.  If he reaches that top 10-20 conversation, he’ll have beaten the odds (and not just in terms of measurables).  Time will tell.

That's my take as well. I don't care what any individual receiver's #s are, if the offense as a whole is putting up points and is in the top 10 then everyone will eat anyway.

Drake London for example might put up bigger #s, but Dotson could be the better receiver because of the overall impact on our offense and win/loss results.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Looks to me like Wentz has a td to either sideline.  Heck, it looks like every pass catcher has space, lol.  Wow.  
Man, I sure hope our line holds up - there are going to be a ton of big play chances if so.    

As soon as he stops constantly checking down and finally takes a chance.  :ols:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

On every play, there are always gonna be open receivers. If you look at that play Wentz went to the right read in my opinion. Jags safeties were in 2 deep coverage. Sure he could have pushed it downfield and he did later to Terry but you can’t do it on every play.  

Just rewatched it and Jags were single high safety not 2 deep but again Wentz probably wasn’t sure where the safety was gonna cover. 

I do think we will have the ability to score more points than the 28 we scored Sunday. I just don’t wanna see Wentz force it. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Dotson will be the most impactful offensive rookie even if the stats don't show it. Its a force multiplier effect and the more weapons you have, the more impactful each one becomes. Look at how much CD Lamb will drop off this year without Amari Cooper. 

We have as many weapons on offense as most any team in the NFL...across the board at the skill positions we can match up with just about anyone if Wentz can be above average. Scott Turner should be able to get guys open all day long. 

8 hours ago, Ball Security said:

It's actually tough to tell by this angle, by the time you see Dotson being open, the ball is well and truly out of Wentz's hands.  This was one of 3 very inacurate passes (which didn't result in an INT) for Wentz on the day.

I actually wonder, seeing this, if one of the reasons it was inaccurate is because he was conflicted as to which player to throw to, wanted to give Dotson an extra beat, then thought better of it, came back to Logan Thomas, and it threw him off.  

I don't remember who it was, but some QB said from time to time, while they were throwing the ball, they would catch a glimpse of anther receiver further down the field and get momentarily distracted, like "crap, I should have thrown to him" and that split second can derail the pass.

Who knows.  The important thing is Dotson came out firing.  What happens from here is anybody's guess, but I think it's pretty safe to assume he wasn't the ridiculous reach that idiots like Thor Freaking Nystrom wanted to paint him to be.  

If Robinson comes back and performs the way he did in preseason, then Thor Nystrom would be completely wrong about just about everything he said about our draft.  Obviously, the most ridiculous being that we should have picked Howell in the 3rd over Robinson because he was a better prospect (to prove his point Robinson was a reach.)  The fact we got Howell in the 5th makes him look like a complete looney toon for saying that.  

Dumbass fool.  (And yes, I have an axe to grind.  And yes, I will grind it at every opportunity.  And oh, btw.....) 

Hulk Thor GIFs | Tenor

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We have as many weapons on offense as most any team in the NFL...across the board at the skill positions we can match up with just about anyone if Wentz can be above average. Scott Turner should be able to get guys open all day long. 

He was above average on Sunday.  He should only get better.  There will be a dud thrown in here or there, but that's true of all 12-17 QBs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1