Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Just now, Shakazullo21 said:

I would like to get Kyzir White.  We need a LB who can cover.  We have none.

So far, we have stayed in house.  Players that are cut don't count against the comp. pick(s).  Why not sign Wagner if we can convince him to come to the EC, Hooper and that takes two big needs of the table for the upcoming draft. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So you can acknowledge that this team is generally a dumpster fire, at its worst in Scherff’s formative years in the league.  Yet you can’t respect him not having any loyalty to the organization.  

First of all, I think you don’t understand what **** off means.  On the Richter scale of ways to say **** it’s like a 2 out of 10.

I don’t generally respect people for successfully using the toilet, or driving safely to work, or making a sandwich, all of which require about the same cognitive ability as reaching the conclusion of “not Washington”.  He was overrated from day 1, plays the least important position on either side of the ball, and when he finally got free went straight to a different jail cell across the aisle and locked himself in.  To that I say **** off, not thanks so much for everything.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, slinky said:

that TakeCommand is just so cringy (along with the name)... Carson had to fight back the laughter when he was trying to say that.

would have been awesome if he had dropped an HTTR.

I know.  I was expecting an HTTR or correction to HTTC or something along those lines.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wit33 said:

2-3 years is a lifetime. Ron and company are attempting to open the window this season. The time to contend is the next 2-3 seasons. Not saying it will happen, but the vibe I get is Ron is ready to compete and no longer will we hear about rebuilding and all that. Time to perform. 

If we aren't competing this year, we won't be competing in 2-3 years, at least not with Ron.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

“And you know, as we all know, excited to really go ahead and start to take Command” bro that was some corny **** 😂

Maybe it's a good thing we haven't brought anybody in.

You want to hear that 6 or 7 more times?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wit33 said:

2-3 years is a lifetime. Ron and company are attempting to open the window this season. The time to contend is the next 2-3 seasons. Not saying it will happen, but the vibe I get is Ron is ready to compete and no longer will we hear about rebuilding and all that. Time to perform. 

If the last roster spot on the team for wide receivers came down to cam sims and Julio Jones, would you rather have jones? Considering Jones doesn't have much of a future here, will be more expensive, and seems to be breaking down.  In 2022 do we really expect Julio jones' contribution to be significantly more than cam sims? What if Cam Sims develops a rapport with Wentz and he's someone who can contribute for years to come?

I'd rather give the roster spot to a younger guy with more upside, who will come cheaper, and hopefully be more durable, than to sign julio Jones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Keep off the sniff NS 😉

Just look at the numbers, Cole has just about as many tackles in 1 less year.  Same INTs and more sacks.  Perhaps you been sniffing some cowpuke juice watching to much espn.  Hard pass for me on Vander Esch.  However, Wagner?? Yes please. We dont need another Cole Holcomb.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't blame him for that, I'm sure that he was directed to use the saying 'Take Command' and there's not really a cool way to say it.

it's a catchphrase and catchphrases are hokey

So we've done some business today and freed up 20m or so, add 13m if we rework Wentz deal. Any ideas who were after. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

We need to make sure Wentz is left running for his life so the transition isn't too much of a change.

No there's 2 ex Panthers OL available, no doubt we'll sign 1 of them. 

With McLaurin, Brown, Samuel, and Sims in tow, that WR is filling up and still lacks a true #2 receiver. Plus there's a bevy of fringy guys fighting for maybe one spot I'd guess Milne would have the edge there. Plus I haven't mentioned DeAndre Carter yet. So anyone else brought in not named Carter should be a #2. Otherwise its not worth it

• Like 1