Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

This is fair, I just don't want to see us stupidly release Patterson and be lucky to bring him back again.

Patterson is fine, but every team in the league has a guy like him. He’s a replacement level backup RB that runs with some fire and good squat pad level, they’re all over the league. I wouldn’t make any plans based around him if I liked a late round rookie’s talent more 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Should we start a new FA thread considering this is technically the 2022 thread?

I was gonna ask the same thing...

I want to see us get at least one or two new starters for the oline then use the first round pick on oline as well.

Just do an overhaul, we don't need much, but we need to be careful how many players we already have on rookie contracts in context of actual need versus case to add help.

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Patterson is fine, but every team in the league has a guy like him. He’s a replacement level backup RB that runs with some fire and good squat pad level, they’re all over the league. I wouldn’t make any plans based around him if I liked a late round rookie’s talent more 

I mean, didn't we do that last year, regret it, and bring him back?  Not talking an LTS, but I don't agree with drafting another running back unless the intention is bottom of the 53 or practice squad, RB is arguably our deepest position right now, right up there with DT, we got bigger "problems", imo.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to see us get at least one or two new starters for the oline then use the first round pick on oline as well.

Just do an overhaul, we don't need much, but we need to be careful how many players we already have on rookie contracts in context of actual need versus case to add help.

I mean, didn't we do that last year, regret it, and bring him back?  Not talking an LTS, but I don't agree with drafting another running back unless the intention is bottom of the 53 or practice squad, RB is arguably our deepest position right now, right up there with DT, we got bigger "problems", imo.

I don’t think it’s that deep at all, personally. I’m not happy with Gibson as a starting RB and we’re one Robinson injury away from that being our reality. And he’ll be leaving next year in FA most likely. McKissic is probably done here. Rest are fine but JAGs. One more potential playmaker in the late rounds couldn’t hurt us if we’re leaning on a young QB, we don’t want to have an underperforming run game.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Nah, we cut him with knowledge he'd  be available for the practice squad and we could bring him up as needed 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I don’t think it’s that deep at all, personally. I’m not happy with Gibson as a starting RB and we’re one Robinson injury away from that being our reality. And he’ll be leaving next year in FA most likely. McKissic is probably done here. Rest are fine but JAGs. One more potential playmaker in the late rounds couldn’t hurt us if we’re leaning on a young QB, we don’t want to have an underperforming run game.

I'm not that low on Gibson, especially because I felt he was not fully utilized and severly cut down his fumbles.

Like to see what he and others do with new OC, agree to disagree on Patterson, I'm not in rush to "do better".

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Can't other teams sign him off our practice squad if they wanted to?

Yeah, but as I said, every team in the league has Patterson-quality guys hanging around the roster, so it wasn’t viewed as a risk for good reason. And now 10-15 or more RBs at least as good as Patterson will enter the league as rookies, and the risk will lessen further. I’m not saying he’s bad at all, I’m just saying he’s nothing special and can be easily improved upon with minimal draft pick investment. Hell, another UDFA could possibly do it, it’s a deep class. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Odd timing, but I'm good with it.

I get the move. Provides a better oppo for both Butler and Forrest to see the field at the same time which could both be good and save us money.

Only saves us 4.4 if he is a post J-1 cut tho. Otherwise its 2.3 savings

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Odd timing, but I'm good with it.

I get the move. Provides a better oppo for both Butler and Forrest to see the field at the same time which could both be good and save us money.

Only saves us 4.4 if he is a post J-1 cut tho. Otherwise its 2.3 savings

Yep he’s got 2.1mil in future bonus money 2024-2026 hasn’t he, voidable years but still needs accounted for via the cap.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

If we are getting ahead of ourselves and making some room now keep an eye on the team cutting a check to let Logan Thomas go.

He'd be over 5 Mil in savings as both a pre and post J cut

This FO has been pretty consistent about cutting guys early, and I’m comfortable feeling it’s at least in part to give them a fighting chance in FA.  Personally, I’d prefer to scope out the FA market and see what the draft brings before I make the decision on Thomas and Roullier (and McCain).

25 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If we are getting ahead of ourselves and making some room now keep an eye on the team cutting a check to let Logan Thomas go.

He'd be over 5 Mil in savings as both a pre and post J cut

That one is interesting.  I've heard Rivera mention him recently as to weapons this team has, so I wonder if that means they are keeping him.  I like the TEs in this draft.  But not sure what they are thinking.

Edited by Skinsinparadise