Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I know I've heard your many rants on Ron.  I am just surprised you haven't dedicated a thread to it because its a theme for you on multiple threads. 

Hey, I resemble that remark (when it applied to Jay.)

And I actually DID start a Jay thread. Though when I started it (prior to the 2018 season) it wasn't a Jay bashing thread, it was a "What do you want to see from Jay" thread.  

It turned into a Jay bashing thread.  Though I remember my #1 item was "win the damn opener."  Which he hadn't done yet.  And ... he did.  So I gave him kudos for that. 

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen
32 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Doesn’t it make you curious that no one from the organization to the new Commanders app has talked about Wentz and him coming here? Hmmm… One can only dream

Yes we traded a second and third but we could get some picks back even after trading a couple first round picks. I highly doubt Payne would be involved in a trade with Ionnadis released. 

They are not supposed to talk about anything until 4 PM today.  All the news reported is not official until they submit paperwork to the league after 4 PM today, when the new league year started.  We rarely talk about anyone until it's "official" and see what happened to the Bills and Cowboys.  They start announcing things before they are official and people back out.  I bet there is an announcement later today or tomorrow, followed by a press conference next week for Carson Wentz.

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle
42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

They have nowhere left to turn besides picking up the phone and calling Ron Rivera of the Washington Commanders to inquire about the availability of Taylor Heinicke. 

I guarantee you TH as an interim solution is not even on their board as a possible maybe option.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shakazullo21 said:

They are not supposed to talk about anything until 4 PM today.  All the news reported is not official until they submit paperwork to the league after 4 PM today, when the new league year started.  We rarely talk about anyone until it's "official" and see what happened to the Bills and Cowboys.  They start announcing things before they are official and people back out.  I bet there is an announcement later today or tomorrow, followed by a press conference next week for Carson Wentz.

Maybe the Commanders reneged, cancelled the trade, cut a bevy of players and decided to go all in for a free agent to be determined later. lol

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I can't fault a man for making hard decisions that he believes are in the best interest of his family.

And no fan of this team (which no longer includes me) owes him any gratitude.  Washington reached on him at 5 which boosted his entire career, and he Cousins’d his way out.  Olineman get name recognition first, then make pro bowls.  If he doesn’t owe loyalty then he doesn’t deserve gratitude.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Trade for Jimmy G or sign Mariotta?

They're going to have some asset somehow after they trade Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker.  

They might do either of these things, or they would have ammo to go up in the draft and get a guy.

Or they could do nothing, suck again next year, and then position themselves to pick a QB in the 2023 draft.

My money would be on Mariota or Pryor, or somebody like that if they don't get a QB back in a trade of Baker.  

The question REALLY is, why didn't they trade him last week, and would the Commanders have preferred Wentz or Baker.

Personally, I THINK I prefer Wentz. But Baker's contract situation is better. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Actually, **** off, Brandon.

I really don't get the hostility towards him. Seems to me the FO never made a huge push to get him re-signed. He was never a malcontent, and was a great player for us when healthy. One of the better home-grown talents we've had in a long time.

I wish him well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I really don't get the hostility towards him. Seems to me the FO never made a huge push to get him re-signed. He was never a malcontent, and was a great player for us when healthy. One of the better home-grown talents we've had in a long time.

I wish him well.

Saying **** off isn’t hostile.  It’s akin to “you’re dead to me”.  I don’t wish him anything.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

And no fan of this team (which no longer includes me) owes him any gratitude.  Washington reached on him at 5 which boosted his entire career, and he Cousins’d his way out.  Olineman get name recognition first, then make pro bowls.  If he doesn’t owe loyalty then he doesn’t deserve gratitude.  

So he’s supposed to be indebted to Washington because they reached for him?

I’ll never understand why you guys get so bitter at players who weren’t a-holes, that leave via free agency.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I wish him well.

I agree with this whole post, outside of the FO never making a huge push.  Its my understanding they did last offseason and his agent made it rather clear they were moving forward to free agency and we paid him stupid money anyways. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I wish him well.

The FO did make an offer that would make him the highest paid guard.  I have no hostility towards him, but I'm not losing any sleep over him leaving.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ll never understand why you guys get so bitter at players who weren’t a-holes, that leave via free agency.  

Im all for guys getting the most money they can for them and their family. There isnt a single person here, even those who complain, who wouldnt do the same thing. The only thing that bothers me is players that say they want to stay, want to stay their whole career, etc. Thats what really rubbed me the wrong way about Kirk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Never said that.  I’m saying it’s a two way street.  He can angle his way out all he wants, that’s his right, but if you don’t show any loyalty (and he’s made it clear he had no interest in being here) then it’s natural to respond in kind.  He said **** off first, I’m saying it back.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Im all for guys getting the most money they can for them and their family. There isnt a single person here, even those who complain, who wouldnt do the same thing. The only thing that bothers me is players that say they want to stay, want to stay their whole career, etc. Thats what really rubbed me the wrong way about Kirk.

Guys pretty much have to say they want to stay.  I mean, if you were interviewed and asked if you wish to retire with your present employer, what else can you say outside of “yes”?