Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah the stalls in the red zone didn't look to me on Turner.   Heinicke played gutsy, one of the things I like about him is he's honest so I really doubt he'd be blaming Turner either for the mishaps in the red zone.  It is what it is. 

It was a wild game no doubt, and yes TH did make some bad plays, but there were so many factors playing into this game its hard to pin one thing as the issue.

But, I will say that the attempted QB sneak after the bad slide was about as dumb of a call as Turner has made to date.

The formation all but put in on the billboard and screen that a QB sneak was coming. That is on Turner, period. 

It goes back years ago when this o-line could barely put their shoes on correctly, the offense would get down to the goal line, and as everyone knew, the jumbo pkg came out, and it was stuffed, every single time; well, I think it worked 1 time. 

This team misses another good WR and they miss Logan Thomas. All the other 'jags' out there don't do much good for anyone and I doubt they'd make 1 st team on any other squad...

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

It was a wild game no doubt, and yes TH did make some bad plays, but there were so many factors playing into this game its hard to pin one thing as the issue.

But, I will say that the attempted QB sneak after the bad slide was about as dumb of a call as Turner has made to date.

The formation all but put in on the billboard and screen that a QB sneak was coming. That is on Turner, period. 

It goes back years ago when this o-line could barely put their shoes on correctly, the offense would get down to the goal line, and as everyone knew, the jumbo pkg came out, and it was stuffed, every single time; well, I think it worked 1 time. 

This team misses another good WR and they miss Logan Thomas. All the other 'jags' out there don't do much good for anyone and I doubt they'd make 1 st team on any other squad...

I hear you.  Personally, I get a bit bored with the coaches blew it dialogue.  It's rerrun for me over the years.  It doesn't matter who the coach is.   Been the same every year for eons.

I do agree that this team desperately needs another weapon.  The Samuel injury has been killer.   And Dyami isn't really killing it his rookie season.  I think this is a different team with Samuel and Thomas. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

No Logan hurt bad today. Red zone play was terrible w/o his threat.

Maybe throw a lob up to AGG or something.

I read where the WFT has some unknown ex-basketball player on the team who's like 6'5" and can jump. Too bad he's not around. They could have designed some specific plays to take advantage of his athleticism. Nah. That doesn't make any sense...

9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Can’t wait to win 4 of four last 6 and finish 6-11 and miss out on good draft picks and repeat forever 

Or look at it another way, if we have a top 5 draft pick, our despicable owner will get off his yacht to select another bust at QB.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Monday Head Scratchers

• I don't think anyone has seen a QB draw/slide to end a loss. I figured he was going to lateral. Why no hail mary? Shades of RR not wanting to score. Yes it was a loss but then why run hurry up / spike right before that?
  • Our offense somehow made Joe Barry look good, ending his potentially historical bad defensive #'s usually limited to our defense.
  • Why the hell did Heiny try to slide into the endzone. The QB sneak to him after was easily predictable.
  • We can tank for a great draft pick but I think odds will say we won't draft a QB.  We just don't spend enough draft capital on QBs IMO - 2 decades running.

Edited by RandyHolt

12 hours ago, Heathen said:

Can’t wait to win 4 of four last 6 and finish 6-11 and miss out on good draft picks and repeat forever 

It doesn't really matter this year with the QBs not being very good in this draft. I'd rather go on a late season run and have a bunch of things clicking to attract free agents and have an improved chance of landing a veteran QB

• Like 1