Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

how did they justify taking that TD from Heinicke back, anyway?  A knee down without being touched means nothing in the NFL.  I admit it was a moment of boneheaded panic but that doesn't mean the rules should change

That isn’t entirely correct, QB diving can be considered “giving themselves up”. It used to be only if they went feet first but it’s now head first as well in the open field I believe. It’s clear he was trying to score but it was a boneheaded decision so imo he deserved the wake up call. Just run it in my man, he had a lane. 

• Like 2

Forgot that GB's red zone defense typically stinks, that was the game today.  I actually felt better about some things.  We didn't for example have the typical embarassing deep passing play where the safety and CB look at each other like who is to blame?   D line brought some pressure at times.  We could move the ball but got stopped in the red zone.  

In our other loses it felt to me like an overall lemon performance almost across the board.  This game to me had some progress to it.   In other words, I think they beat Denver if they play like this and can actually convert in the red zone.  Santana is somewhat saying some of the same things ironically on TV as i type this. 

• Like 4

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

That isn’t entirely correct, QB diving can be considered “giving themselves up”. It used to be only if they went feet first but it’s now head first as well in the open field I believe. It’s clear he was trying to score but it was a boneheaded decision so imo he deserved the wake up call. Just run it in my man, he had a lane. 

he had no reason to "give himself up" his team was obviously trying to score and he did have a lane, so there's no reason for the refs to apply the rule there.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yup at that point if the defense touched him it prob would have been flagged a qb going down is giving himself up. 

• Like 1

The secondary wasn't great today but they looked better IMO, at a minimum there weren't the multiple clown show plays we've been getting every game.

I've been tough on William Jackson and I admit I wonder if its an addition by subtraction when he isn't on the field.  As Bullock pointed out on his film review, Jackson seems front and center with many of the "miscommunication" plays that have happened.  I am not giving up on Jackson but I think he's had a rough start.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Burrow beats the Ravens in Baltimore. Take over 1st place in the division. Almost like having a stud QB is important in this league...

Clearly it's not. We definitely should not try drafting one because we haven't hit on one before so we should definitely pick up someone elses trash in free agency or via a terrible trade.  FML.

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Clearly it's not. We definitely should not try drafting one because we haven't hit on one before so we should definitely pick up someone elses trash in free agency or via a terrible trade.  FML.

Mans leg got destroyed and he's still balling out. Our QB's legs get destroyed and they suddenly can no longer play football, or their body literally starts to rot.

Unfortunate 

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

They can’t really win bc they either do that and they seem delusional or they talk about human interest stories from the team killing us even though we have the ball and people here get mad lol 

They were just horrible today though.  I felt like Olsen was talking me out of jumping off a building with his “soft parent” voice.  🥱🥱

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

That doesn't matter, Chase Young is playing at a significantly less important position, and he's not even that great at his position at this moment. 

and if he was on another team he would turn the guy we picked in his place into the next Theisman and Smith and I will believe that until he leaves the team, plays us and doesn't do that to our QB.  There's a reason our game agains the Giants got dubbed the Chase Young Bowl and that was because if the person who picked 2 didn't take him they were damn fools