Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

blaming the refs is a loser mentality

The refs didnt make Heinicke dive prematurely. Or make Mclaurin let a ball bounce off his chest in the EZ. Or block a kick. etc etc

The bad teams always feel like the refs are out to get them.

I agree with the general feeling, but there were quite a few calls that were really questionnable.

The Non-PI on RSJ, ok fine. Why not. Then don't call on St Juste the next drive.

The kneeling? I'm not sure they ever called that... like ever. Refs are just boneheaded here and just kill the game. If that's Rodgers doing it, you think they call that? TH dive on it just because the guy likes to dive when entering the endzone.  Stupid? Probably? Useless? Definately. Still a bad call...

The Fumble recovered by GB that wasn't?

That's kinda like the RTP penalty on Chase Young, or the penalty on Tress Way last week....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

But the QB still needs more than 1 good WR as a weapon. 

Whats the deal with Thomas?  Haven't seen him in a few weeks

Sure but you need the QB first.

Mike Williams looked like a bust with the Chargers. Now they have Herbert he looks like a stud. 

Brady for years made it work with no names(besides Gronk). 

Brees put up huge numbers with mid to late round draft pick WRs. 

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I did let my eyes tell the story. The defense was awful. Again.

The offense was awful again.

There wasn’t a silver lining. It was all bad.

I actually thought the defense was better than it had been.  Line was getting somewhat consistent pressure.  Missed tackles in the beginning improved somewhat.  Our linebackers stink to high heaven, and that includes the rookie Davis.  What a terrible terrible pick at that spot. 

But Del Rio has done a piss poor job this season. And so have the position coaches.  

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

blaming the refs is a loser mentality

The refs didnt make Heinicke dive prematurely. Or make Mclaurin let a ball bounce off his chest in the EZ. Or block a kick. etc etc

The bad teams always feel like the refs are out to get them.

I will place blame on anyone who deserves blame.  But just to be clear I'm not accusing them of conspiracy I'm accusing them on incompetence

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mans leg got destroyed and he's still balling out. Our QB's legs get destroyed and they suddenly can no longer play football, or their body literally starts to rot.

Unfortunate 

that's the difference between ligaments tearing and bones breaking

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

lol. Scott Turner. 

Turner didn't make Heinicke go to the ground half a yard before the end zone, force him to throw an INT in the end zone, or force him to fumble. He also didn't force Terry to drop a TD pass that hit him in the shoulder or any of the other idiotic things that happened in the red zone. The execution in the red zone today was abysmal. 

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I agree with the general feeling, but there were quite a few calls that were really questionnable.

The Non-PI on RSJ, ok fine. Why not. Then don't call on St Juste the next drive.

The kneeling? I'm not sure they ever called that... like ever. Refs are just boneheaded here and just kill the game. If that's Rodgers doing it, you think they call that? TH dive on it just because the guy likes to dive when entering the endzone.  Stupid? Probably? Useless? Definately. Still a bad call...

The Fumble recovered by GB that wasn't?

That's kinda like the RTP penalty on Chase Young, or the penalty on Tress Way last week....

I don't think he likes to dive, I think he saw that GB defender before he shifted his body and misjudged the guy's speed.  He was likely diving because he was sure that guy was going to meet him at the one

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Turner didn't make Heinicke go to the ground half a yard before the end zone, force him to throw an INT in the end zone, or force him to fumble. He also didn't force Terry to drop a TD pass that hit him in the shoulder or any of the other idiotic things that happened in the red zone. The execution in the red zone today was abysmal. 

the playcalling in short yardage and in the red zone has been abysmal all season. And last year. Turner isn’t good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

All he needed to was extend the ball over the goal line of instead of sliding.  Just bad coaching and execution

He was not giving himself up 

clearly not doing that

the rules are there for a qb giving themselves up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The WFT had almost 500 yards of offense with nearly 200 yards of that rushing yards, and only managed 10 points against a defense that is terrible in the red zone.

Just another lackluster year.

the sad thing is we were playing last week's game.  Against the Chiefs it turns out trying to match field goals for TDs was a losing strategy but adding six points this week might have dramatically changed the game at the end.  Of course if the Packers had started at the 25 on their ensuing drives those might have been different too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

That end zone run still mystifies me.  If he was a RB would that have been a TD since he wasn't touched?  Wasn't he a runner at that point?  Isn't the whole point of sliding is that your giving yourself up vs diving?

He clearly was not giving himself up

the refs should be fired, the nfl executives

who say this is should be fired and the rules book

should be burned and the league not allowed to have anyone bet on it due to arbitrary enforced rules

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a few thought on this strange game. Obviously, sad we lost... But there were a glimmers of light in the gloomy aftermath

At least the defense seems to be s-t-a-r-t-i-n-g  to right itself.  The Team did have to cope with the refs who seemed to be honoring the traditional home-field advantage of calls and non-calls in favor of Green Bay.  The depletion of the receiving corps seemed to make it easier on Green Bay to shut down McLaurin, and limit Heinicke's other options. (It's apparent to me how much Heinicke's play was helped by having Logan Thomas  on the field, especially in the red-zone.) 

One big question I do have -- if Ron likes to gamble on those 4th &1's, why not pick up a bruising back like Latavious Murray when he was available?  At least Washington would have a respectable threat for the line plunge in those gambling scenarios.  And something like that threat might create more opportunities for other options like play action. That could have helped today.

At least I'm glad the "Team" was determined and played harder today, even when behind  a top-tier opponent .... But maybe Scott Turner could review how he could make the offense play a little "smarter" too? I didn't get a sense of how his play-calls for into some integrated offensive game strategy, or were somehow tactically setting things up to exploit the Packers' D.  (Okay, maybe he seemed to be banking on the Packed run defense being insufficient, but if so, he should have been more creative with running plays using McKissic and Peterson as change of pace/direction etc.)

Edited by Wyvern

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

the playcalling in short yardage and in the red zone has been abysmal all season. And last year. Turner isn’t good. 

I don't think Turner has been great but it's also hard to truly tell how good an OC is if he doesn't have guys who can execute at a high level. We had plenty of chances today and it was mostly the players blowing them. That's on execution.

Just now, mistertim said:

I don't think Turner has been great but it's also hard to truly tell how good an OC is if he doesn't have guys who can execute at a high level. We had plenty of chances today and it was mostly the players blowing them. That's on execution.

Yea I dont think Scott Turner is the problem. We dont have good personnel on offense besides McLaurin. Actually pretty productive with what we have. 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah the stalls in the red zone didn't look to me on Turner.   Heinicke played gutsy, one of the things I like about him is he's honest so I really doubt he'd be blaming Turner either for the mishaps in the red zone.  It is what it is. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1