Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

for a couple weeks you've been posting on an increasingly unstable 👺 path, usually revolving around some th issue 

speaking from experience, at your current acceleration you may survive the season :) 

i'm thinking if you don't adjust, to quote johnny rivers, "odds are you won't live to see tomorrow"...figuratively speaking

i know...leave the pad and go do some volunteer work 😁

I’ve survived much worse seasons.

the nfl rules are insane 

it was 100 percent obvious that Taylor was not giving himself Up. 
the nfl rules On that are clear that it

is subjective and that should have never been over ruled. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

He may not be as mobile but he has a much better arm. And Taylor's arm is the biggest issue, that and his decision making. Allen played pretty well last year before he got injured. Also, Fitz should be about ready to come back. The idea that it's Taylor or nothing makes no sense. He is NOT an NFL starting QB. Allen is not likely either but its time to make a change. 

The other and honestly even better reason to make a move is Taylor is going to get our receivers seriously injured. Too many of his passes sail and he will get someone injured. Came close today several times. 

Did you ever think that Allen is not healthy, and the team doesn’t want him

out there playing? With as much as they have said about Taylor not getting hurt.

Just speaking on limited Allen last year and Heinecke this year but I'd go with Heinecke on the running aspect. As long as he runs and doesn't try to act like a passing QB. Allen is limited in all facets. But I am just a dude who sits on the couch watching the games so take my opinion with a complete grain of salt. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I’ve survived much worse seasons.

the nfl rules are insane 

it was 100 percent obvious that Taylor was not giving himself Up. 
the nfl rules On that are clear that it

is subjective and that should have never been over ruled. 

Are we writing about Heinicke in haiku format now or something?

Taylor threw a pick

Taking knees before the line

Fumbles are not good

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man.

The no PI call in the end zone was a 50/50 call.  We had every chance in the world and pooped the bed on our own over and over again.

So if it helps you sleep better, just know the WFT lost on their own.

You think it was one call? There were at least 6. That doesn't even count the ref announcing the ball was "clearly recovered by Green Bay and touched down" which was clearly bull**** as the player never possessed it for a millisecond. 

This is an "and" proposition. WFT lost and the refs screwed them over and over and over and over and over again. Blatantly.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You think it was one call? There were at least 6. That doesn't even count the ref announcing the ball was "clearly recovered by Green Bay and touched down" which was clearly bull**** as the player never possessed it for a millisecond. 

This is an "and" proposition. WFT lost and the refs screwed them over and over and over and over and over again. Blatantly.

You’re on an island on this one, Buddy.

The one you said doesn’t even count, literally didn’t even count.

56 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Turner has a track record of terrible playcalling for his entire tenure with us and before. But, if you don’t think he’s a problem, I’m not going to try to convince you. 

Literally every week this season, I’ve watched different analysts breakdown our games after the fact and they have very few qualms with the schemes or playcalls and regularly give him props for scheming guys open, they just aren’t getting the ball.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’re on an island on this one, Buddy.

The one you said doesn’t even count, literally didn’t even count.

He's not on an island because multiple people feel like this. And that one that was reversed just shows how many bad calls there were and not all of them were subject to review

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, you can't say you outplayed a team when you constantly blow your own foot off with self-inflicted mistakes, and end up losing a game by multiple touchdowns. GB is just a far superior team, even if we outgained them in yardage.

Can't say we outplayed them when we constantly made mistakes in the red zone and Rodgers and Adams made brilliant plays.

Even if we scored I have no reason to doubt the Packers wouldn't have moved the ball and scored as well. The score would have been like 38-24 instead of 24-10.

46 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Did you ever think that Allen is not healthy, and the team doesn’t want him

out there playing? With as much as they have said about Taylor not getting hurt.

if Allen is not ready then he would not be why is he back-up if Taylor goes down? Not to mention Allen being injured or not has nothing to do with the clear fact that Taylor is not the solution. And the comments about not wanting Taylor to get hurt is because he had a history of getting hurt. I will say he seems to have avoided that so far so good on him for that. But it has nothing to do with Allen being injured and their fears of putting him in. You are just grasping for straws here trying in vain to defend Taylor. But he needs to be done, period. Maybe wait till the bye to get someone else ready. But definitely be then.  

Do not try to paint me as a Kyle Allen guy. I could not give a flying **** about him. I do know I am tired of seeing wide open WRs get the ball thrown high and or late. He is going to start getting guys hurt. if he plays like he wants he makes poor decisions. If he plays within the system he does not have the skill set to be effective. 

Put in Allen. Wait till Fitz is back. Get a FA off the street. But the Taylor experiment has to be over. He and the rest of the offense managed to let an historically bad defense in the RZ off the hook, not once, not twice, but three times. Two of those times were directly on him - a pick in EZ and the horrible slide/fumble. 

My point was never Allen is great, good, or even effective. My point was and is that Taylor is NOT the answer. Time to move on. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Don't really agree that we "outplayed" them. We might have had more total yards, but they easily out-executed us and were the better team.

Bad play in the red zone.  Granted that's a really big deal as for that to go south.  But I think they kept pace with GB for most of that game.  I felt the opposite in the Chargers game for example, the score didn't reflect how they dominated us.  I didn't feel that way today.  If I recall they made it to the 30 yardline or better of GB -5-6 times in the game and only got 7 points?

That was a weird game on that front.  It did remind me of the Tampa-WFT game years back where Tampa kept moving the ball and bizzarely couldn't score.