Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't think Turner has been great but it's also hard to truly tell how good an OC is if he doesn't have guys who can execute at a high level. We had plenty of chances today and it was mostly the players blowing them. That's on execution.

Execution (or lack thereof) is on the coaches as well. Turner reminds me of his father: he can put a drive or two together but there are never adjustments and there’s a total lack of rhythm to the playcalling. Perfect example was last week when we had third and 2 in the red zone and he calls some awful WR screen for a loss of four. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Execution (or lack thereof) is on the coaches as well. Turner reminds me of his father: he can put a drive or two together but there are never adjustments and there’s a total lack of rhythm to the playcalling. Perfect example was last week when we had third and 2 in the red zone and he calls some awful WR screen for a loss of four. 

Explain how a QB intentionally going down before breaking the goal line, a really dumb INT in the end zone, and a fumble were caused by the coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Explain how a QB intentionally going down before breaking the goal line, a really dumb INT in the end zone, and a fumble were caused by the coach. 

That wasnt going down wow you don’t know the rules feet first is giving up not that 

27 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

That end zone run still mystifies me.  If he was a RB would that have been a TD since he wasn't touched?  Wasn't he a runner at that point?  Isn't the whole point of sliding is that your giving yourself up vs diving?

Not that it matters but I don't agree with reversing the call regardless of what the rulebook says.  Call on the field was a TD but there's clear evidence Heinicke was giving himself up on the goal-line? 

Again, doesn't matter because Taylor should've just ran into the damn end-zone or maybe dive over the goal-line instead of half a yard short. 

Edited by Mooka

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

so by your logic, if a play isn’t executed to perfection, then it’s the player and not the coach. So when is the coaching a problem to you?

Turner has a track record of terrible playcalling for his entire tenure with us and before. But, if you don’t think he’s a problem, I’m not going to try to convince you. 

Edited by skins4eva
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

When you get to the red zone 4 times, hard to blame the coaches for not getting a single point out of it.  Scott's offense with an actually QB would be pretty good, sucks so bad we'll never see what coulda been with Fitz

2 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

so by your logic, if a play isn’t executed to perfection, then it’s the player and not the coach. So when is the coaching a problem to you?

Turner has a track record of terrible playcalling for his entire tenure with us and before. But, if you don’t think he’s a problem, I’m not going to try to convince you. 

I think you're confusing "execute to perfection" with "execute in a semi-competent non-dog**** way"

Those weren't situations where the execution was off by an inch. Those were major league "what the **** are you thinking?" plays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

What do you expect a coach to do about a QB kneeling 1 yard from the endzone? What do you expect a coach to do about his WR dropping a wide open pass? Tell us. Please.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He clearly was not giving himself up

the refs should be fired, the nfl executives

who say this is should be fired and the rules book

should be burned and the league not allowed to have anyone bet on it due to arbitrary enforced rules

for a couple weeks you've been posting on an increasingly unstable 👺 path, usually revolving around some th issue 

speaking from experience, at your current acceleration you may survive the season :) 

i'm thinking if you don't adjust, to quote johnny rivers, "odds are you won't live to see tomorrow"...figuratively speaking

i know...leave the pad and go do some volunteer work 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If this happens I'll skip the Panthers game.  Just looking forward, the most winnable games, left aside from the NFC East ones would be Carolina, Denver, Raiders.   Maybe Seattle if Wilson isn't back. 

Honestly, my soul is dead. With the emails and all that other ****, just trade for Watson and get it over with. What are we gonna do, look like a ****y team. Have Danya announce that they personally made the decision over Ron and the GMs. Take one for the team.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont know how to evaluate Turner. We literally have no NFL WR after Mclaurin. Two backup OL. Backup TE. Career journeyman QB. 

Remember even the 2013 team that went 3-13 had Mcvay Shanahan and Lafleur on its staff. Noone can turn water into wine.

He needs a QB to be fair to him, hes had a couple games this year where our offense looked awesome with an overachiever.  But he has one hand tied behind his back right now because of Taylor's ceiling.  You've been preaching the need for a franchise qb on overdrive the last couple weeks, its true, I believe you, we don't have one, we need one.

59 minutes ago, cougs said:

But we also know what Allen is he is a less mobile version of Taylor. So we lose with Allen now, that doesn’t seem to make a difference. One thing I agree on is none of our qbs are starting material. But until we improve the rest of offense, the qb won’t matter. 

He may not be as mobile but he has a much better arm. And Taylor's arm is the biggest issue, that and his decision making. Allen played pretty well last year before he got injured. Also, Fitz should be about ready to come back. The idea that it's Taylor or nothing makes no sense. He is NOT an NFL starting QB. Allen is not likely either but its time to make a change. 

The other and honestly even better reason to make a move is Taylor is going to get our receivers seriously injured. Too many of his passes sail and he will get someone injured. Came close today several times.