Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

Just now, Burgold said:

It’s kinda sad that the reffing plays are the ones that impact me most these days. Green Bay doesn’t need that kind of help. 

F the refs. What a multi-screw job game. 

Maybe the rules changed, but I coulda swore that about 7:45 in the 4th McKissic { however its spelled } caught a short pass and ran out of bounds on his own but the clock kept running.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

It’s kinda sad that the reffing plays are the ones that impact me most these days. Green Bay doesn’t need that kind of help. 

I have accepted we are a bad team. But when the refs are bad it makes my blood boil. I knew we would lose but the refs really sucked today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

Another game another bet placed against Washington another bet cashed. If you bet against them every week your gonna come out ahead at the end of the season. 

With that being said it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it was never the Football team it was always the Packers 

I parlayed GB-8.5 and Bengals +6.

These fools really tried to beat that spread.  I’m shocked they failed.  Shocked.

1 minute ago, GoDeep81 said:

Someone who knows needs to explain it.. How does TH not have the "arm strength" for the NFL? Aren't there exercises and/or weight training that can improve that? Technique, something? I honestly don't understand how it can't be improved? 

Probably minimal improvement. But I doubt much can be done when you have an arm made for Retirement Home badminton 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Hard to believe not one good QB will come out this year. It's happened before but it seems rare. 

We messed up significantly in 2020 by not taking a franchise QB. That was our chance, we bottomed out and blew it. 

no we didn't because with our luck you let Chase Young get by us and come into our conference and maybe our division he'd end the guy

And just because no one is worth tanking for or being the first pick doesn't mean no good QBs will arrive

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Someone who knows needs to explain it.. How does TH not have the "arm strength" for the NFL? Aren't there exercises and/or weight training that can improve that? Technique, something? I honestly don't understand how it can't be improved? 

Coaching can help too; maybe the team should get some, especially coaches who know how to do their job

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I did let my eyes tell the story. The defense was awful. Again.

The offense was awful again.

There wasn’t a silver lining. It was all bad.

this is a terribly coached team. And we don’t have enough veterans to convince guys to play with heart on every down. We are just awful at everything.  

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Another game another bet placed against Washington another bet cashed. If you bet against them every week your gonna come out ahead at the end of the season. 

With that being said it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it was never the Football team it was always the Packers 

Won $10,000 on the game. Hate betting against my guys, but I had a strong feeling we weren't up to the task against Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Maybe the rules changed, but I coulda swore that about 7:45 in the 4th McKissic { however its spelled } caught a short pass and ran out of bounds on his own but the clock kept running.

The clock keeps running on out of bounds plays until 5 min left in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

C’mon man.

The no PI call in the end zone was a 50/50 call.  We had every chance in the world and pooped the bed on our own over and over again.

So if it helps you sleep better, just know the WFT lost on their own.

• Like 1

Just now, Fred Jones said:

I do like that TH is playing.  We need to determine if he is the future.

He’s not in any way the future, but I also like that Heinicke is playing, makes it more interesting than the alternative. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

You’re too wrapped up in that stat. Let your eyes tell you the story. Considering the circumstances. The turnovers by the O, the constant pressure on Aaron, it was a good showing by them.

There’s constant pressure on Rodgers because that’s part of his game. He holds the ball longer (sometimes much longer) than other elite QB’s and is willing to trade more sacks for more big plays. He’s also willing to give up a sack rather than throw up a possible INT if he is genuinely pressured, there’s been analytical studies done on it and it’s part of his otherworldly career TD/INT ratio. He’s done it his entire career, he’s willing to take sacks because of the magic he can make the rest of the time, and to avoid INT-worthy risks. The DL DID looked a lot better in this game but I’m just saying that some of it is a function of playing Rodgers and his style. 

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

no we didn't because with our luck you let Chase Young get by us and come into our conference and maybe our division he'd end the guy

And just because no one is worth tanking for or being the first pick doesn't mean no good QBs will arrive

That doesn't matter, Chase Young is playing at a significantly less important position, and he's not even that great at his position at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

C’mon man.

The no PI call in the end zone was a 50/50 call.  We had every chance in the world and pooped the bed on our own over and over again.

So if it helps you sleep better, just know the WFT lost on their own.

hey, when you're playing the other team and the refs having every chance is not enough. 

so as far as I'm concerned we did not lose the game on our own

• Confused 1