• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

26 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So in other words, you never liked him and dont care how irrational your dislike is.  its the QBs fault if the kicker misses, got it.

Also, Ron is the best.  Sorry I said otherwise.

This is simply not fair. @Renegade7was like most of us, we had reservations but after the playoff game we kind of got excited to see what he can do for a full season. Well we have our answer.  As posted he's late with some throws and with his rag arm this is a huge issue. He is extremely limited and needs things around him to be good for success. Well this is the NFL and specifically the Washington Football Team so it's never going to be really good around him. So we need to move on, he had his chance.   

I was all in to see how Heinicke would play for a few games. Watching him it is obvious he has some deficiencies. However we are missing Logan, all of our wideouts are hurt minus Terry, 2/5 of our offensive line, a running back who’s playing on one leg and still needs to learn how to play rb. 

Bottom line is he is being handicapped. Nonetheless I do think we need a change at the position if anything just to shake things up. I’m in for playing Allen. He showed he has some skills and we need to determine who will be our backup next year. 

My real hope is we trade for a qb during the bye week. Looks like Denver is going for draft capital so maybe they will be willing to trade Drew Lock. I know some don’t like him but I think he can be a terrific qb. Think a poor mans Favre but with more mobility. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Bottom line is he is being handicapped.

He was born handicapped for an NFL QB.  So yeah, it doesn't help when the team around him is falling apart at the seams either.  But I don't care if he had 3 Terrys and the Hogs in front of him, he still can't put the ball where it needs to be to beat defenses.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He was born handicapped for an NFL QB.  So yeah, it doesn't help when the team around him is falling apart at the seams either.  But I don't care if he had 3 Terrys and the Hogs in front of him, he still can't put the ball where it needs to be to beat defenses.

I agree Taylor doesn’t have an nfl arm. His game is throwing in anticipation and he has regressed in that area except for the Carter TD yesterday. 

I was rooting for Taylor.  I was hoping he would get a shot.  Love underdog stories.  

While the timing is unfortunate with all the injuries, he got his shot and he's not the guy.  A decent backup and I hope we keep him as such.  

Ron has to get this next QB choice right or he's Ade Jimoh.

GV

• Like 1

Cam Newton has this team at least 4-4. 

Imagine Gibson on the Shotgun power option with Newton. Sure, the passing ceiling would be low, but man, the run game would be dynamic. 

If just looking to keep fan interest, Newton certainly would provide some for me. Not in the least bit likely, but would be cool in what is turning into an uncool season (see what I did there). 

Next years QB isn’t on the roster now so who starts for the remainder of this season doesn’t really matter.  We are a bad team and are going to lose games with any of the QBs on our roster or potentially  available.  Don’t trade any future picks for any other teams project.  Draft a guy in the first round, hope they get it right and try to build around him.  We are bouncing along the bottom, we haven’t even started the rebuild yet.

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, word out there is that Landon Collins is on the trade block.

Maybe that would be worth it.

Oh no, not when he's finally turning it around at a position of weakness.

Completing the Carolina Panther Voltron that Rivera has been building here sounds hilarious enough to happen, Kyle Allen would be pissed.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Imagine Gibson on the Shotgun power option with Newton. Sure, the passing ceiling would be low, but man, the run game would be dynamic. 

If just looking to keep fan interest, Newton certainly would provide some for me. Not in the least bit likely, but would be cool in what is turning into an uncool season (see what I did there). 

No he doesn’t. He’s as cooked as a thanksgiving turkey.  He can’t throw anymore.  If they ran a read-option offense, he’d last 2 weeks before getting hurt.

Also this:

6F2C3159-A82E-4F3C-A25E-7A4801406977.jpeg.1fe0dd79955e6044a6297d84c4a6bdf0.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No he doesn’t. He’s as cooked as a thanksgiving turkey.  He can’t throw anymore.  If they ran a read-option offense, he’d last 2 weeks before getting hurt.

Also this:

Nah, he was still dynamic in the run game last year and was 7-8 as a starter with arguably the worst weapons in all of the NFL. 20 total TDs to 8 interceptions :). Ran for 600 yards last year as well. 

Not saying the dude is a top half of the league starter, just that he provides an elite trait and being a veteran at the position. 4-4 record easy with him at the QB spot. All in fun, who cares lol

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You may be right, but to be fair he played 15 games last year with the Pats.

Why trade for or sign someone else's garbage when we have that right here??

It doesn't matter WHO is brought in, the moment he has a couple bad games the torches and pitchforks will come out. 

Remember, it doesn't matter who is brought in, outside of McLaurin there's no one else worthy of being called a WR. It cracks me up sometimes reading these posts; like some other trash or has-been QB is just being held back for no reason and he's ready to take this team to new heights.

There's a reason they're not starting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

I am on record as saying I would've signed Cam and used him in special packages such as short yardage and redzone stuff to give defenses a different look and not expose Fitz or TH to big hits. He would've been my Taysom Hill in many ways. I still think it's a good idea based on our redzone struggles but maybe Cam just brings too much other stuff with him? 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Cam Newton would have this team 0-8. I don't see how he would have won either the Giants or Atlanta games.

OMG are we seriously back on the Cam train? He is COMPLETELY washed. There is a reason literally NO team in the league has even thought about signing him. The Jets preferred to trade for Joe freaking Flacco when Zack Wilson got hurt. The Seahawks are trotting Geno freaking Smith. Newton is dunzo.

• Like 4