• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Defense has gotten 6 turnovers in the last three games, in which we've been 2-9 in the red zone in the same timeframe. 2 and 9.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/wsh

Edit: double down, zero red zone trips against the chiefs when our defense had three turnovers. Zero.

The AG's fumble inside the RZ and TH's brain fart Non TD are 2 scores almost guaranteed normally..three with missed FG. He got us there but .... TH won't make the same mistake...I see that as a coaching..don't get hurt..over reaction..he won't do that again

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@SpacePenguin  I've lost track, are we judging Taylor as a backup or a starter now?  We see this all the time with young starting QBs in this league trying to save the day and making it worse, why does Taylor deserve a medal for that?

Who said anything about a medal? There's no way he's a viable starter with his arm and accuracy issues. It's a good thing that is being made apparent through him pressing too hard to carry the team (which he isn't capable of doing), rather than him just trying to lose games by less. That's how you end up with a QB like Jason Campbell hanging on to a starting job for 3 years.

I gather by your posts on the subject that you'd rather this team go 8-9 this season, rather than something like 4-13. I'd prefer them to lose and get a QB that at least has a chance to win a playoff game in the future, since there is no better option than Heinicke on the team, right now. So, we aren't going to agree on anything. I'm not gonna beat the dead horse anymore.

On a side note, this 17 game schedule sucks. I just don't like change. An 8-9 season just doesn't sound right lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

The AG's fumble inside the RZ and TH's brain fart Non TD are 2 scores almost guaranteed normally..three with missed FG. He got us there but .... TH won't make the same mistake...I see that as a coaching..don't get hurt..over reaction..he won't do that again

I'd say three weeks in a row is a sign of a pattern, that he's already doing it again, but thats jus me.

8 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

Who said anything about a medal? There's no way he's a viable starter with his arm and accuracy issues. It's a good thing that is being made apparent through him pressing too hard to carry the team (which he isn't capable of doing), rather than him just trying to lose games by less. That's how you end up with a QB like Jason Campbell hanging on to a starting job for 3 years.

This insistence that he get credit for the same thing that drives coaches crazy and bench young QBs for.  Campbell wasnt trying to lose games, that was misworded, but he wasn't a gunslinger, too chill, thats true.  But thats not why he stayed the starter, I dont get your connection here.

I gather by your posts on the subject that you'd rather this team go 8-9 this season, rather than something like 4-13. I'd prefer them to lose and get a QB that at least has a chance to win a playoff game in the future, since there is no better option than Heinicke on the team, right now. So, we aren't going to agree on anything. I'm not gonna beat the dead horse anymore.

Yea, we don't do very well drafting QBs that can win playoff games, so im not rooting for us to lose so we have a better chance of getting that right.  When is the last time we did that? Not this century, thats for sure. Theres plenty we can agree on, wanting to lose won't be one of them, nope.

On a side note, this 17 game schedule sucks. I just don't like change. An 8-9 season just doesn't sound right lol

It is kinda annoying with the different number of home games versus away games every year for everyone one.  Feels like a disadvantage, for some teams, should've gone straight to 18.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

He''s been put in a tough situation, seemingly always playing from behind, but some of his throws just can't be explained.

Except for the first half of the last, what, three games? The defense has given him ample opportunity to make things difficult on opponents with numerous turnovers, and he’s come up short every time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Except for the first half of the last, what, three games? The defense has given him ample opportunity to make things difficult on opponents with numerous turnovers, and he’s come up short every time.

I'm not sure why you think we disagree.

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Edited by Spearfeather

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

We are last on defense in points per game.....please stop using the defense as a reason for TH failures. I get it....he doesn't score on every drive and sucks with arm strength. But for the love of a spaghetti monster stop acting like the defense ain't all ****ed up every single game. 3rd and 13 = 1st down. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm not sure why you think we disagree.

Because he’s not always in a position where he has to score on every drive. 

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

We are last on defense in points per game.....please stop using the defense as a reason for TH failures. I get it....he doesn't score on every drive and sucks with arm strength. But for the love of a spaghetti monster stop acting like the defense ain't all ****ed up every single game. 3rd and 13 = 1st down. 

The defense for the most part has been garbage, but for the last three games they’ve put the offense in a position where they can at least take control of a game; they’ve failed. Both sides of failed, and THs recent failures have nothing to do with added pressure. He’s just not a good starting QB.

One thing is a certainty;

QBs just don't last here. They just don't.

Whether its a failed experiment, a back-up thrusted into starting job or a QB who falls short, there are always loud claims to get rid of { insert QB here } the following monday morning.

This organization and its fanbase have no patience to allow a QB to grow, learn and excel. There are many factors in grooming a QB also, mainly the chance for a QB to develop a chemistry with his teammates, but the only thing wanted is 'win now', nothing else matters. 

The Tom Bradys, the Drew Brees, the Aaron Rodgers, are far and few between, but a decent QB on a solid team and coaching staff can win, believe it or not. 99.9% of QBs that come in this league are going to have slumps, bad stretches of games, but they eventually turn it around and play better. 

A perfect example; say this organization drafts a promising QB. He starts out a little rough, losing the first 4-5 games, not playing well, but then things start to click and he plays better and the team starts to win. WOO HOO, HOORAH, YIPPEE!!! are the screams of fans. Then the very same QB has a slump, losing a few games and missing the playoffs; that QB is run out of DC faster than Sea Biscuit. " He's a bum", " noodle arm", " not starting material". 

People are looking at the effects of poor coaching and taking it out on said QB. No wonder this team hasn't done anything in decades; well, the very same results will happen when he's gone, and the next and the next and the next...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Maybe a lot of that has to do with his inability to lead the offense to a lead as it does the defense preventing opponents from doing the same?

He's in a tough situation because he's playing on a team with a bad defense.

But, look. Here's what I've been saying about him ...

Seems to always be a split- second late getting the ball out, and doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it. He's had more than a couple of interceptions that are just inexplicable, and sometimes just doesn't see wide open receivers that are right in front of him

At this point, it wouldn't bother me if they started Allen.

The " exciting " plays are nice, but more times than not, Heinicki's just going to crush your hopes.

• Like 1

Heinicke has challenges passing from within the pocket to get the ball over the finishing D-lines arms, on some of his pass plays over the middle.  For him to get enough height on the pass to get over the wall of hands, that means sometimes there'll be times where his passes sail high, especially early in the game when The adrenaline is just kicking in.

The bigger issue is that Heinicke doesn't have the same chemistry Seals-Jones that he enjoyed with Logan Thomas.  Thomas was a reliable safety outlet, especially when McLaurin was blanketed.

With injuries to Samuels, Brown, and Sims -- the other WR position hasn't really offered much help when Heinicke was looking for other targets who might be open.  But the absence of Thomas in the red zone (coupled with a hobbled Gibson for the 4&1 line plunges), makes it difficult for Taylor to generate the points needed to compensate for what the defense has been giving up.

Edited by Wyvern

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Then the very same QB has a slump, losing a few games and missing the playoffs; that QB is run out of DC faster than Sea Biscuit. " He's a bum", " noodle arm", " not starting material". 

I mean, outside of Kirk, what QB did we draft in the last 20 years that got run out of town and did better elsewhere because we werent patient enough with them?  After a certain sample size, most QBs we draft here prove who they really are. Thats...pretty normal.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, outside of Kirk, what QB did we draft in the last 20 years that got run out of town and did better elsewhere because we werent patient enough with them?  After a certain sample size, most QBs we draft here prove who they really are. Thats...pretty normal.

Oh I completely do not disagree with this; this team has been snake-bitten when it comes to QBs, and a big part of that problem is the " Big Little", Snyder. 

But, going after journeymen QBs who give the post offices fits because of the moves they make every year, especially those who have a proven hand at either being pretty good one week and stinking up the joint the next, isn't a long-term solution.

This organization swung and missed on Campbell; good arm but absolutely no control of where the ball was going, then Brunell, an aging QB, then McNabb, another brought on only to fill the seats, then Griffin, a simple bust which cost the team dear draft picks, then when we get one like Cousins, they turn on him as soon as he goes into a slump, just like most every other QB in the league not named Brady or Rodgers has gone through. 

Yes, it is difficult to find a quality QB, but when they get one they must stick with him, even through the times he doesn't play good. I'm not saying TH is the answer, but next year's draft doesn't look promising, and already people are dropping their standards just to bring in someone else, when the problems on this team go far far beyond the QB position. 

TH can win games, provided the HC and OC design plays to get him out of the pocket where he has a better view of whats going on in the secondary. Trying to make him a pocket QB isn't going to bode well when he has to tippietoe to see the linemens' shoulders.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skins island connection said:

TH can win games, provided the HC and OC design plays to get him out of the pocket where he has a better view of whats going on in the secondary. Trying to make him a pocket QB isn't going to bode well when he has to tippietoe to see the linemens' shoulders.

And in comes people saying that Scott Turner gets people open, and is therefore a good OC.....as if every offense in the league doesn't have players running open with the current NFL ruleset. If they are going to play Heinicke, moving the pocket should be the number one priority. If they are going to run an offense like the second half of that Green Bay game....may as well play Allen or bring in a bigger QB.

Edited by SpacePenguin

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Can I start calling a TD + FG/any 10 points, a “Heinicke”.

Like, if we score 20 points…that’s 2 Heinickes.

You'll be sober with Blewitt kicking... 😜

I can't believe how the o-line looked so overwhelmed today. Guess Ron & co. didn't read my post about getting TH out of the pocket. 

• Thanks 1