• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

18 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

I think Heineken knew what they were doing when they didn't take the sponsorship with him.  The play at the goal line wasn't the first time when he didn't know when to slide.  They need a QB BADLY.  

The more I thought about it I went a did a little " SICing " and low and behold there were a number of instances similar in ways and some nearly the same, and they were all called TDs !!

Go back to week 2, even Jones { Giants QB } did something similar, if the rules are the rules. He dove 'head first' into the endzone and it wasn't called back, and there are plenty of other cases, especially with Lamar Jackson. 

If the 'rules' state if a QB attempts to either slide feet first or dive head-first he is to be determined to " give himself up ".  So how in blue hell does TH get his called back but seemingly every other got theirs called a touchdown?  

This is crying over spilled milk, but c'mon, fair is fair, if its called for one it should be called for all.   The evidence is all over youtube, crystal clear videos of many QBs diving rumbling tumbling into the endzone. 

Now i'm really starting to believe there is a bias against this team...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

The more I thought about it I went a did a little " SICing " and low and behold there were a number of instances similar in ways and some nearly the same, and they were all called TDs !!

Go back to week 2, even Jones { Giants QB } did something similar, if the rules are the rules. He dove 'head first' into the endzone and it wasn't called back, and there are plenty of other cases, especially with Lamar Jackson. 

If the 'rules' state if a QB attempts to either slide feet first or dive head-first he is to be determined to " give himself up ".  So how in blue hell does TH get his called back but seemingly every other got theirs called a touchdown?  

This is crying over spilled milk, but c'mon, fair is fair, if its called for one it should be called for all.   The evidence is all over youtube, crystal clear videos of many QBs diving rumbling tumbling into the endzone. 

Now i'm really starting to believe there is a bias against this team...

Did Daniel Jones's knee clearly hit the ground before the ball crossed the plane of the goal?

IIRC Rodgers got the exact same call last season, though his was a much closer call than Heinicke. His  knee just barely hit the ground before he went in.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Did Daniel Jones's knee clearly hit the ground before the ball crossed the plane of the goal?

Nope he literally dove head first into the end zone and his knee never hit the ground like heinickes did. Also what Jones did on that play doesn't apply to what happened with Henicke jones actually hit contact with one of our defenders while Heinicke slid to avoid contact once a qb slides he gives himself up the refs made the right call no matter how bad we want to say it wasn't. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

IIRC Rodgers got the exact same call last season, though his was a much closer call than Heinicke. His  knee just barely hit the ground before he went in.

6 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Nope he literally dove head first into the end zone and his knee never hit the ground like heinickes did. Also what Jones did on that play doesn't apply to what happened with Henicke jones actually hit contact with one of our defenders while Heinicke slid to avoid contact once a qb slides he gives himself up the refs made the right call no matter how bad we want to say it wasn't. 

Ok, so we all know, i'm not attempting to be some jerk, i'm just trying to wrap my head around this 'rule change' as how its perceived.

Jones' knee did not hit the ground like Heinicke's did. Now, with Heinicke his knee may have hit the ground, but he was untouched, and at that point he is a runner, having broken the LOS.

Jones had made contact with a WFT defender, regained momentum and dove into the endzone.

According to the 'rule', whether it is sliding leg first, head first, whatever, once he makes that move, he is to be called down at that spot. One in particular was Lamar Jackson attempting to dive into the endzone, was stopped short, then made a 2nd dive/extension to get the ball over the goal line, and it was ruled a touchdown.

If i'm seeing/interpreting it wrong, no problem, but i've been watching football for damn near 50 years, and ive seen how rules have been modified, how they're interpreted, and some of them are ticky tacky, like this one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Ok, so we all know, i'm not attempting to be some jerk, i'm just trying to wrap my head around this 'rule change' as how its perceived.

Jones' knee did not hit the ground like Heinicke's did. Now, with Heinicke his knee may have hit the ground, but he was untouched, and at that point he is a runner, having broken the LOS.

Jones had made contact with a WFT defender, regained momentum and dove into the endzone.

According to the 'rule', whether it is sliding leg first, head first, whatever, once he makes that move, he is to be called down at that spot. One in particular was Lamar Jackson attempting to dive into the endzone, was stopped short, then made a 2nd dive/extension to get the ball over the goal line, and it was ruled a touchdown.

If i'm seeing/interpreting it wrong, no problem, but i've been watching football for damn near 50 years, and ive seen how rules have been modified, how they're interpreted, and some of them are ticky tacky, like this one. 

The second the QB "gives himself up" whether a dive or a slide and his body makes contact with the ground the ball is spotted at the location it was in when his body contacted the ground.

By rule, the Heinicke call was the correct one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It sucks QBs can't dive into the endzone headfirst with the ball extended.

They can they just can't hit the ground before they break the plane the second they hit the ground they are down where the ball is. 

"sliding. When a runner slides feet or head first, the ball is dead the instant he touches the ground with anything other than his hands or his feet. "

that's the rule from the rulebook 

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d like “play weak, get Malik”.

Last year I just kinda "knew" that Mac was going to the Pats. 

I feel like that this year about us and Willis. I think the biggest issue is the Eagles. I kinda want them to get Watson and lose those 3 1rst rounders that will all probably be before us.

• Like 1

I know people want to blame the NFL and the refs for the Taylor non-TD call. But it was the accurate call based on the rules. In response to several plays like the RGIII plays where he went down forward and fumbled the ball, the competition committee decided that once a QB is down they are down, forward or backward. When Taylor's knee hit the ground the ball was not across the goal line, period. It was a poor decision and one that was not necessary. 

Instead of complaining about a rule actually called correctly, need to accept that it was a horrible decision on his part. Only to be exceeded by a horribly bad play call of a sneak, and then him fumbling the ball. 

I also saw people (not a lot but a few) defending the interception, blaming the receiver. Please jsut stop it. It was lazy floater late and in the wrong place. Even if it were a back shoulder fade low inside the EZ is not the right placement. 

I like Taylor. I really do. I love his tenacity. But the fact is he is jsut not an NFL starting QB. He does not possess the arm strength or decision making needed. Also, his high throws are going to get someone hurt badly. 

I say wait till the bye then if Fitz is ready let him go in. If not, test Kyle Allen. Not saying it will for sure be better, but we know what we are getting from Taylor, and it's not enough. 

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Last year I just kinda "knew" that Mac was going to the Pats. 

I feel like that this year about us and Willis. I think the biggest issue is the Eagles. I kinda want them to get Watson and lose those 3 1rst rounders that will all probably be before us.

One of the issues with Willis is the same as with Lance when people were talking about us potentially getting him (before SF moved up): I don't think this team or this fanbase have the patience for a guy like that.

He's going to be super raw. He's coming from a small school where every week he's playing against guys who will never set foot on an NFL field. There's going to be a big time learning curve.

I don't think Dan or the fans will have the requisite patience to deal with that. Whether he's ready or not, Dan would pressure Rivera to get him out on the field so Dan could see his new toy in action. And the fans would be calling for Willis as soon as the current starter has a bad game, and then would start calling him a bust once he starts and struggles.

44 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I know people want to blame the NFL and the refs for the Taylor non-TD call. But it was the accurate call based on the rules. In response to several plays like the RGIII plays where he went down forward and fumbled the ball, the competition committee decided that once a QB is down they are down, forward or backward. When Taylor's knee hit the ground the ball was not across the goal line, period. It was a poor decision and one that was not necessary. 

Instead of complaining about a rule actually called correctly, need to accept that it was a horrible decision on his part. Only to be exceeded by a horribly bad play call of a sneak, and then him fumbling the ball. 

I also saw people (not a lot but a few) defending the interception, blaming the receiver. Please jsut stop it. It was lazy floater late and in the wrong place. Even if it were a back shoulder fade low inside the EZ is not the right placement. 

I like Taylor. I really do. I love his tenacity. But the fact is he is jsut not an NFL starting QB. He does not possess the arm strength or decision making needed. Also, his high throws are going to get someone hurt badly. 

I say wait till the bye then if Fitz is ready let him go in. If not, test Kyle Allen. Not saying it will for sure be better, but we know what we are getting from Taylor, and it's not enough. 

I agree with your thoughts. Moving forward, we wanted to find out what we had in the 3 QB's we kept this year. We are finding out that TH can play in this league and would make a good backup QB. Ditto for Allen. Fitz seemed old and immobile when he played and isn't the answer, especially if the roster isn't built to win now. If I'm Allen I walk after this season...TH is under contract and Fitz will be a FA. We will be back to where we were last year and searching for a franchise QB among other things. But I do believe TH is good enough to be the backup QB moving forward. He can play and will get better after learning from all of his mistakes and if he could benefit from playing with a healthy roster. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yeah, that's the way I see it also.

the only thing is though, if they lose to Denver (though Denver is a mess, so who knows), the purpose of the rest of the season is to lose as many games as possible to put yourself in the best possible position to get a QB in the off-season.  Either because you have high-draft picks to trade or you can use one to pick a dude.

If that's the case, then there's really no reason you wouldn't just keep trotting TH out there.  Fitzy is to old to be in the plans long term and buys you nothing.

I'll go further.  If they lose to Denver, I think they should IR Gibson, WJIII, Samuels, Scherff, and anybody else who has a bump or bruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

One of the issues with Willis is the same as with Lance when people were talking about us potentially getting him (before SF moved up): I don't think this team or this fanbase have the patience for a guy like that.

He's going to be super raw. He's coming from a small school where every week he's playing against guys who will never set foot on an NFL field. There's going to be a big time learning curve.

I don't think Dan or the fans will have the requisite patience to deal with that. Whether he's ready or not, Dan would pressure Rivera to get him out on the field so Dan could see his new toy in action. And the fans would be calling for Willis as soon as the current starter has a bad game, and then would start calling him a bust once he starts and struggles.

Agreed, unless he comes in and has some kind of RG3 type magic to his game and it looks like he might. I definitely don't want to draft him and expect him to be a day one starter. I'd completely overhaul the QB room and simplify the hell out of the play book. Get 3 QBs and grow it with them. Ron has 3 years left on his contract and he'll be given the time to grow the team, as long as progress is being made. Not even Snyder should think about fixing this team as a quick fix and Dan has shown coaches patience since Marty. Hell, Jay went a full year begging to be canned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Perfectly said, Willis can be a good qb but will need time and will have to be behind a quality starter imo, in no way shape or form no matter how nice his YouTube compilation is should he be thrown into a day 1 starting situation, which is what we have here imo, I think if we take a qb early in the first round he will be thrust in the starting roll Willis will be a disaster scenario in this situation probably will end up trying to do to much with his legs and end up getting hurt. I do think however if in the right system and place Willis has a chance to be a good qb in the league just not here and not in terms of a first round draft pick I do think he will at least fall to the 2nd round if not 3rd.