• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Why would you even imply that was what that poster was claiming?  

I agree Turner has cut out much of his offense given Heinke's limitations.  We all knew Fitz was not the long term, or even short term, answer.   So why not get behnd TH and see if that playoff game was the real guy?  As most of us suspected he is not.  

And that means Kirk Cousins is still the best QB this team has had in decades.  BAM!

The point was we aren't a playoff team. No need to pretend we can get there if we put Allen in instead. There is no point in putting Allen in unless you know he is the answer to winning all of the games before Fitz comes back and then Fitz wins rest of the games? Not going to happen. At this point I rather we have a higher pick and call this year a wash and just start thinking about next year. Our D is so bad we are not going to making any noise or even get into the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Seriously, I don't care who the QB is right now.  Did he make some mistakes, sure, but he's not tom brady or brett favre reborn.   Those who thought he was, we were fooling ourselves.  This team has a lot of holes.  Two or three of them on the oline (players out with injuries).  I like Gibson and McKissic, but we do not have a featured running back that really scares anyone.   Terry Mac is running fiery divots on the field in his routes, but the ball is always late (that is only part Heinicke's part, going off schedule means being late).  This is a Turner Style offense, look back to the days of Norv and what did you need?  A QB who could deliver the ball on time.  That is not Taylor's forte, never has been.  His ability to dance around looking down field is great, but the fact that he has to do so means this team is not as good inside where it matters.   

I keep hearing about how communication on the field is a problem.  How is that possible when you have vets like Landon and Kendall back there?  Some egos need to be benched to make a point if you ask me.  Frankly I don't care if we win another game.  If players can't communicate, then their talent is wasted, as is our time spent watching this monstrosity of a team.   

Ugh.... I canceled my hulu live subscription at end of the month, there is no point to keep watching this heart attack inducing type of play.

45 minutes ago, zskins said:

The point was we aren't a playoff team. No need to pretend we can get there if we put Allen in instead. There is no point in putting Allen in unless you know he is the answer to winning all of the games before Fitz comes back and then Fitz wins rest of the games? Not going to happen. At this point I rather we have a higher pick and call this year a wash and just start thinking about next year. Our D is so bad we are not going to making any noise or even get into the playoffs. 

I agree, but I think it's also different when you're a coach and you're judged on wins and losses...and not just judged by the fanbase, but judged by the owner. If Rivera and Turner truly believe that Allen could get them a few more wins and a bit of breathing room from Snyder, they might consider doing it. We might not think that's worth it and would prefer a higher draft pick (I know I probably would), but no decent coach is going to "tank" a season on purpose.

I don't think any of the coaches are under the illusion that the future QB of this team is on the roster right now. They might have some hopes on Heinicke, but I think it's unlikely that any of them currently see him as "the guy". 

IMO the problem is the defense. No Taylor isn't a world beater as far as his arm strength, but he's not what is crippling the team. Its the horrible defense and seems like they are giving up 3rd and short OR long on almost every down. But I do hope we can get someone with a stronger arm long term. There are lots of times where Terry has separation but as the ball slowly floats to him it gives a good CB time to cover that ground. 

Is TH the answer to the team's QB issues? Probably not.

Is he a stick in the mud, a statue, with gazelle eyes staring down 1 guy all the time? No. 

I admit, i've soured on him, but he isn't the glaring issue on this team.  I think we all know what that is.

But, he hasn't played a ton of games, and like most all QBs not named Brady or Rodgers, he will have slumps now and then.

Question is this; is Turner making the most of his abilities? I don't think so.

Is Turner trying to make him the prototypical pocket passer? Probably. 

TH isn't the tallest QB, and he seems at his best when he extends plays with his legs, rolling out, eluding pass rush. Yes, having a big arm helps, but this team has had their share of strong-armed QBs; need I remind those of Campbell, who seemed to throw passes into the 9th row of the stands? Lack of arm strength can be managed, but it takes the whole team, not one guy, unless of course its Brady or Rodgers...

I think Heinike has proven he has a place in the League and that's a big deal for him. A year ago, football minds thought he wasn't even good enough to start in the XFL. No NFL coach thought he was worth a roster spot. Now, I think everyone can agree that he is at least good enough to be a spot starter and is a great back up option. I think he may even be able to be an "average" QB. Thinking about where he started that's a huge accomplishment.

On the downside, I worry he might have also proven he isn't Cinderella. The glass slipper so nearly fits. It's close enough that he gets a ride in the carriage, but not quite good enough to make it to the castle or to get his happily ever after. 

• Like 1

We’ll see what happens but currently I’m not even convinced that TH is guaranteed another contract as a backup.  I feel like the law of averages is coming back around in conjunction with defenses having tape on him, and it’s going to be more of what we saw yesterday moving forward.

Would be cool to be wrong of course, but I’m expecting it to be a rough run here for the Hive.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

People really seem to underestimate the ability for a QB to have a handful of good games in the NFL versus those who can sustain that kind of success.  I bet if you back and look at tons of QB's who fizzled out after a season or two, you will find isolated games where they put up good stats and showed some promise.   

I don't think you bench Heinicke for Allen unless Rivera starts to think Heinicke is literally holding the team back from wins.  Currently the team overall is not playing well enough for that to be the case.  However, once Fitz is healthy, there is no reason not to re-insert the guy who rightfully won the job, when he is ready, unless you think Heinicke has a future beyond this season and he needs the reps for his development.

By the time Fitz is ready, the team could very well mathematically be out of any realistic contention, but you don't punish Fitz for that.  He lost the job due to injury, but when the coaches were watching them both in camp and practice, whatever they saw from both had them awarding the job to Fitz and we are acting like that means nothing when we've barely seen a few drives from Fitzpatrick with the current offense.  I don't expect Fitz to come back and some kind of crazy run starts, but I do prefer to at least get some kind of extended look at the QB leading the team that was intended to.

The style he played today is much more conducive to him having success on the field, however over the long term it still isn't enough to make him an NFL starter.  And as far as not benching him just because this isn't a playoff team is ridiculous.  You play your best players because wins still matter.  You are constantly evaluating players regardless of the W/L record.   If the coaches get to a point where they feel TH's play is holding back the team from performing better, plus a better option is available on the roster, yes you make the switch.  

With the way TH is playing, Fitz will be starting once he returns from injury.  Could be as soon as 3 weeks from now. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I hate saying this because I like TH as a person.  He is tough, has grit, and loves football.  But his physical limitations are at the point where they are hurting this team.  He cannot spread the field with limited arm strength.  He is scared to take hits because of his injury history.  And he's too short to run a 4th and 1 QB sneak.  I think it's time for Kyle Allen.  TH cannot win in Denver.  It will probably be cold and windy.  I will lose respect for Rivera if he tank on purpose.  

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

People were complaining about Turner having Gibson running draws on first down, even though he was picking up at least 6 yards. You don't stop doing that when it's working.

Really would like to get Gibson’s carries in the 20s, there seems to be an opportunity to establish a real identity with that run in particular. Just not Turners philosophy or how he’s built it seems. I’m a fan of adapting to your situation and scrape and claw your way to being in playoff contention in the final weeks. Gibson is frustrating at times but has a knack and provides power with that run. Marry that with play action and RPOs. Who am I though lol

47 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Somewhere, a Heineken exec is feeling pretty good about himself for not falling for the okey doke.

Or realize how’s the time negotiate lol

40 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I hate saying this because I like TH as a person.  He is tough, has grit, and loves football.  But his physical limitations are at the point where they are hurting this team.  He cannot spread the field with limited arm strength.  He is scared to take hits because of his injury history.  And he's too short to run a 4th and 1 QB sneak.  I think it's time for Kyle Allen.  TH cannot win in Denver.  It will probably be cold and windy.  I will lose respect for Rivera if he tank on purpose.  

What are you trying to accomplish by putting in Allen? Are you trying to get into the playoffs and win the super bowl?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I think if he had more weapons { instead of jags } things would be alot different. 

Double up on McLaurin and the rest of defenses can play single man coverage. No one is good enough to be a threat. 

Remember, its not only the QB, its the weapons he has...

Most of Heinicke's screw ups today were on him, not on his weapons. And Terry is a hell of a weapon and has bailed TH out multiple times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

What are you trying to accomplish by putting in Allen? Are you trying to get into the playoffs and win the super bowl?

Open up the playbook that you cant right now with Taylor's limitations.  Anyone here believe we go 0-4 with Kyle Allen? Not a single touchdown or fg?

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Most of Heinicke's screw ups today were on him, not on his weapons. And Terry is a hell of a weapon and has bailed TH out multiple times. 

I never said the TH didn't make mistakes, but with Thomas out, that leaves only McLaurin, and that benefits ANY defense going up against this offense. No one else can get open; it reminds me of last year. See someone come off the line, run up close to their coverage, jump back and forth sideways while coverage just sits there waiting for them to make a move one way or another. The whole time thats happening, pressure is collapsing the pocket. 

Yea, he threw a dumb pick in the EZ and slid when he could have dove { even though that call was BS, because had Rodgers done it, it would have been a TD } but there is no size nor speed on offense, so defenses can double up on whoever they wish, mostly McLaurin...