• Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This isn't a defense of Heinicke:

Who here that wants to see Kyle Allen thinks that he's demonstrably better?  And why do you think that?

He has a FAR better arm first off. It opens up the playbook a little more. Look. I am not delusional thinking Allen is the answer either. But he is a better NFL QB than Heinike IMO. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The same people that thought Colt Mccoy was better than Kirk Cousins

I think the gap between McCoy and Cousins is bigger than Allen and Heinicke.

Allen sure isn't great, I saw enough last year.  Anyone arguing between Allen and Heinicke is worrying about what the band should play while the Titanic sinks.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He has a FAR better arm first off. It opens up the playbook a little more. Look. I am not delusional thinking Allen is the answer either. But he is a better NFL QB than Heinike IMO. 

Eh, meh.  Arm strength, sure.  I'm not sold that we'd have a better record with him at the helm right now though.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who here that wants to see Kyle Allen thinks that he's demonstrably better?  And why do you think that?

I remember when he played the giants last year, was a good game, did some crazy runs that coulda got him killed, and made some bone head turnovers. 

That's nothing new at this point, but gotta believe there was a reason he was starting in Carolina and not Taylor.  At this rate, it feels like Taylor got the start here in 2021 because of coaches hoping to catch lighting in a bottle from the Tampa game. It worked for a little while, but he got figured out, its over, you have to bench him.

Will Allen get figured out? Yes, but for different reasons and it will take time, buy us time until Fitz gets back.  Allen might sneak a win between then and there, but Heinicke won't.  I didn't feel playbook was as held back in Kyle's game against the Giants as Taylor is now, and its getting worse not better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Meh. To me Allen and Heinicke are most likely six of one, half a dozen of the other. That's why I voted "I don't care". Because I don't think it would make any demonstrable difference if we decided to go with Allen.

The only reason I could see it is if Turner truly believes that Heinicke's arm strength is severely limiting the kinds of plays they can run and wants to try it with a guy who has more arm talent. Not that Allen has a cannon (or anything approaching it), but he has a better arm than TH.

That being said, I doubt they'd make a change until after the bye and they see how Fitz's recovery is going.

Also, while Heinicke isn't playing great, it's not like he's going out and throwing twice as many INTs as TDs and looking like a guy who has no business being on the field. He's serviceable, but he doesn't appear to be a guy who's going to be able put the team on his back and win you games. I'll still hold any final judgement until he plays the rest of the season (if he does), but that seems to be the direction he's trending.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember when he played the giants last year, was a good game, did some crazy runs that coulda got him killed, and made some bone head turnovers. 

That's nothing new at this point, but gotta believe there was a reason he was starting in Carolina and not Taylor.  At this rate, it feels like Taylor got the start here in 2021 because of coaches hoping to catch lighting in a bottle from the Tampa game. It worked for a little while, but he got figured out, its over, you have to bench him.

Will Allen get figured out? Yes, but for different reasons and it will take time, buy us time until Fitz gets back.  Allen might sneak a win between then and there, but Heinicke won't.  I didn't feel playbook was as held back in Kyle's game against the Giants as Taylor is now, and its getting worse not better.

Again, I think it's re-arranging chairs on the Titanic.  I really don't care anymore, sad as it is to say.  

I guess I'm really just more interested in whatever draft pick we get next year.  Quite frankly I'll be annoyed if Fitz comes back and ****s us out of a top 5 pick because we won some meaningless games down the stretch.

I'm pretty sure Kyle Allen sucks, it's just a different flavor of suck than Heinicke.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Again, I think it's re-arranging chairs on the Titanic.  I really don't care anymore, sad as it is to say.  

I get it, I really do, but this is where we differ, I still care and I'm sure the team does, too.  Those film sessions can't be pretty, and its adding up.  Keeping Taylor in may do more harm then good.

I guess I'm really just more interested in whatever draft pick we get next year.  Quite frankly I'll be annoyed if Fitz comes back and ****s us out of a top 5 pick because we won some meaningless games down the stretch.

I've already said my piece on tanking, even made a thread about it.  

I'm pretty sure Kyle Allen sucks, it's just a different flavor of suck than Heinicke.

Fair, but again, im convinced it will buy us time we are running out of.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Allen was a 5 star recruit based solely on arm strength. He has a cannon for an arm. There is no comparison to the arm between the two of them. 

I'm going based purely on my memory of watching him play. I don't recall his arm being special or anything out of the ordinary. It seemed mostly NFL average to me. Could make all the throws without issues, but certainly not a Mahomes or Josh Allen.

I’d like to see Fitzy operate the offense.  Just to see if he can do it.  I have seen enough of Taylor to know he’s not a ling term starter. He’s too physically limited.

I already know that about Kyle Allen.

So the only person left on the roster to see if they can play better is Fitz.   Not that it will matter much.  

I wouldn't bench Heinicke for Fitzpatrick. I'd bench Heinicke for Kyle Allen.

We couldn't dunk on the worst defense in the league. We didn't have to win, just look competent. So now I'm planning for next year, and I want to know who our backup should be. Fitzpatrick better not be the plan for next year. Is Allen done with his knee injury, or can he still play average ball like last year?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Seems to always be a split- second late getting the ball out, and doesn't have the arm strength to make up for it. He's had more than a couple of interceptions that are just inexplicable, and sometimes just doesn't see wide open receivers that are right in front of him

At this point, it wouldn't bother me if they started Allen.

• Like 1

Seems we have every reason to let him run out the season.  The rest of the team is so bad, we would be 0-6 without him.  I think at this point its clear the rest of the team and defense included is not going to play well for the rest of the year and go 7-4. So then theres no point in doing anything but letting him play out the season.  You either get a high draft pick or he turns things around and shows he can be your QB of the future.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Seems we have every reason to let him run out the season.  The rest of the team is so bad, we would be 0-6 without him.  I think at this point its clear the rest of the team and defense included is not going to play well for the rest of the year and go 7-4. So then theres no point in doing anything but letting him play out the season.  You either get a high draft pick or he turns things around and shows he can be your QB of the future.

Look at Josh Allen. He was awful his first couple years and now he is considered one of the best QBs in the game. I see the same happening with Heinicke

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Look at Josh Allen. He was awful his first couple years and now he is considered one of the best QBs in the game. I see the same happening with Heinicke

Yeah. They're not remotely close to the same QB. One was a highly-touted, highly-skilled QB who had the qualifications to be a star. The other is an undrafted, undersize, underskilled 28 year old who doesn't even know his own limitiations. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I wouldn't bench Heinicke for Fitzpatrick. I'd bench Heinicke for Kyle Allen.

We couldn't dunk on the worst defense in the league. We didn't have to win, just look competent. So now I'm planning for next year, and I want to know who our backup should be. Fitzpatrick better not be the plan for next year. Is Allen done with his knee injury, or can he still play average ball like last year?

This is where I'm at as well. See if Heinicke and/or Allen are worth keeping as backups going forward. 

Fitzpatrick might be the worst QB on the roster due to his lack of mobility. No way to know atm but I think we'll find out by the end of the season.

I like Taylor far more then allen

i have been “defending” TH he is the best current option on the team.

he has been given his chance and unless they win the next two games they need to go back to the beard.

I just want to see one thing however , run an offense that doesn’t keep Taylor in the pocket. He seems much more suited for a roll out type of game .