1. 1. When to bench Heinicke???

• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

Obviously TH isn’t the answer.  He has his moments and at times is fun to watch but he is likely a backup at best.   

Fitz could be fun to watch since we all had anticipated seeing what he had and this was supposed to be the best team he was the clear starter for right?  Lol.  Remember that lmao.  

at this point who cares.  It’s at the point now that the best thing would be to lose out.  I have a tough time rooting for that at mid season but 2021 is over for this team.  

I just don’t want to be here again year after year like we always are.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Obviously TH isn’t the answer.  He has his moments and at times is fun to watch but he is likely a backup at best.   

Fitz could be fun to watch since we all had anticipated seeing what he had and this was supposed to be the best team he was the clear starter for right?  Lol.  Remember that lmao.  

at this point who cares.  It’s at the point now that the best thing would be to lose out.  I have a tough time rooting for that at mid season but 2021 is over for this team.  

I just don’t want to be here again year after year like we always are.  

Sad part is next season will probably be a repeat unless TH gets better and the defense gets better because draft-wise there's nobody worthy of a 1st rnd pick QB-wise...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Sad part is next season will probably be a repeat unless TH gets better and the defense gets better because draft-wise there's nobody worthy of a 1st rnd pick QB-wise...

God help us if Taylor is the starter next year...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I mean Taylor is also working with a partially loaded gun at best, we're missing so many pieces and Gibson isn't 100%, I know no excuses. We've never given him a legit running game all season that defenses have to respect and make life for Taylor easier. We're getting to the point where any mistakes he makes now are under the micro scope and we're looking for any excuse to bench him. I say keep rolling with him, see how he does when our weapons are 100% and if he still struggles then move on, but I'm giving him a pass when the majority of his targets are role players at best being asked to do more.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Whats left of the Hive is turning into a cauldron of excuses.  Everyones fault but his own now, fantastic, hopefully Ron sees throughout it while evaluating over the bye week.

Ron is a joke. Sorry. I'm just not impressed with him and his band of Carolina Panther bums. Personnel and coaching is dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He looked pretty damn good with a franchise QB. A lot of coaches do.

Yeah him of all people should know how valuable that is, once Cams play started sinking Rivera was gone. But man he drafted Keuchly and Shaq Thompson and one ended up being a stud while the other is pretty good, I was so excited for Jamin.......

Edited by CjSuAvE22

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He looked pretty damn good with a franchise QB. A lot of coaches do.

He looks pretty damn lame now and I'm not pointing at the QB. The personnel decisions in draft and free agency have been dreadful and honestly IMHO he underachieved with Cam Newton in his prime.

2 minutes ago, pico926 said:

He looks pretty damn lame now and I'm not pointing at the QB. The personnel decisions in draft and free agency have been dreadful and honestly IMHO he underachieved with Cam Newton in his prime.

Or...Newton was overrated and Ron's staff created an offense based on his strengths that made him an MVP and got them to a super bowl.  First offseason here was great, this offseaaon was bad.  He signed a 5 year contract, im fine with giving him the full 5 to find his QB because he nor anyone else can win without one.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Or...Newton was overrated and Ron's staff created an offense based on his strengths that made him an MVP and got them to a super bowl.  First offseason here was great, this offseaaon was bad.  He signed a 5 year contract, im fine with giving him the full 5 to find his QB because he nor anyone else can win without one.

I'd like an offensive minded coach or a half competent offensive coordinator to complement a rookie QB but we will have neither under Ron so...

Just now, pico926 said:

I'd like an offensive minded coach or a half competent offensive coordinator to complement a rookie QB but we will have neither under Ron so...

And Newton overrated??? He was a generational talent in his prime. Ron underachieved. 

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, pico926 said:

I'll be at the Tampa game in the 400s, perfect view to how often people are really getting open. TV doesn't do it justice. 

13 minutes ago, pico926 said:

And Newton overrated??? He was a generational talent in his prime. Ron underachieved. 

He was never the same after 2015, it wasn't like Ron wasted ARod and the numbers he was putting up like McCarthy.

• Haha 1

Few posts on here saying we will draft a QB early in next year's draft, I see 3 problems with that scenario, we will probably sneak 2 more wins which will put us drafting between 4 and 7, the Texans, Lions and at least 1 other team will finish with less wins than us and need QB'S, and next year the draft is not that great for QB'S. 

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

The defense was good but that offensive was all Cam in his Super Bowl year. I can’t even remember who was on that squad but it wasn’t any elite wr or rbs. Best weapon was Greg Olsen? 

13 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

The problem I see with TH is that a lot of his throws are late. With an average arm that's a major problem.

• Like 2

The typical knee jerk "must be the QB, if only we signed one we would win the superbowl, look at how good Tom Brady is".  The problem with this team is definitely not TH, and an average team can go to the playoffs with the way TH is playing this season.  He is way overperforming for expectations coming from a journeyman on his 7-8th start, and its not even close.  

But as long as Scott Turner is calling plays and Ron is making decsions, we wont go anywhere with any QB.  If you try and throw Kyle Allen in there right now, you're going to see real quick that things can be much worse, as Ron found out with Blewitt.  

TH has lead this team to a grand total of 1 punt in the last 2 games.  He got 7 actual drives last game, thats it, and 6 of the 7 were all "scoring" drives if we simply made a FG, or even attempted a FG.  Touchdowns would be the best, absolutely, but Ill start with an inexperienced QB leading scoring drives all day all over the place, and half of those drives stalled because of Turners bizarre obsession with running 72 million screen plays, and running some of the worst 3rd and 2 and 4th down plays Ive ever seen, giving us no shot.  Against the packers, TH lead 3 drives in the first half, all 3 were scoring drives except for, you guessed it, a missed FG and Ron going for 4th again.  Then, in the second half, AG fumbles in the first drive, and once again TH leads 4 straight scoring drives, but only one of them scores because Ron goes for 4th twice more, and then TH forces a late interception near the end of the game.

In the last two games, TH has lead the team to "should-have-been-scoring" drives in 13 of the 15 drives he could have, one was an AG fumble, one was a punt.  But we missed 3 FGs, and we turned the ball over on downs an astonishing 4 times.  That's half of those scoring drives with no scores because of Ron's in-game and kicker decisions.  Maybe Ron is a good manager of people, he talks tough and demands discipline.  But maybe hes been such a poor coach over his whole career because he makes bad decisions and doesnt change.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The defense was good but that offensive was all Cam in his Super Bowl year. I can’t even remember who was on that squad but it wasn’t any elite wr or rbs. Best weapon was Greg Olsen? 

That is fair, and I dont mean to take away his 2015 performance. 

My point is it took a second to get to that point and was never that QB again after 2015. 

Its not like Ron wasted multiple elite seasons because he had a small window where he was truly dominant in an offense specifily designed for his skillset. When Cam was healthy and went to the pro bowl in 2013 and 2015 they went to at least the second round of the playoffs. 

Ron deserves credit for riding that offense his coaches created to the super bowl, when a comment i keep seeing is he and his staff cant adjust their offense to the skillset of their QB.  Its not true.

25 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The typical knee jerk "must be the QB, if only we signed one we would win the superbowl, look at how good Tom Brady is".  The problem with this team is definitely not TH, and an average team can go to the playoffs with the way TH is playing this season.  He is way overperforming for expectations coming from a journeyman on his 7-8th start, and its not even close.  

But as long as Scott Turner is calling plays and Ron is making decsions, we wont go anywhere with any QB.  If you try and throw Kyle Allen in there right now, you're going to see real quick that things can be much worse, as Ron found out with Blewitt.  

TH has lead this team to a grand total of 1 punt in the last 2 games.  He got 7 actual drives last game, thats it, and 6 of the 7 were all "scoring" drives if we simply made a FG, or even attempted a FG.  Touchdowns would be the best, absolutely, but Ill start with an inexperienced QB leading scoring drives all day all over the place, and half of those drives stalled because of Turners bizarre obsession with running 72 million screen plays, and running some of the worst 3rd and 2 and 4th down plays Ive ever seen, giving us no shot.  Against the packers, TH lead 3 drives in the first half, all 3 were scoring drives except for, you guessed it, a missed FG and Ron going for 4th again.  Then, in the second half, AG fumbles in the first drive, and once again TH leads 4 straight scoring drives, but only one of them scores because Ron goes for 4th twice more, and then TH forces a late interception near the end of the game.

In the last two games, TH has lead the team to "should-have-been-scoring" drives in 13 of the 15 drives he could have, one was an AG fumble, one was a punt.  But we missed 3 FGs, and we turned the ball over on downs an astonishing 4 times.  That's half of those scoring drives with no scores because of Ron's in-game and kicker decisions.  Maybe Ron is a good manager of people, he talks tough and demands discipline.  But maybe hes been such a poor coach over his whole career because he makes bad decisions and doesnt change.

We are 2-6, can’t really be much worse. TH isn’t a starting QB. He’s a backup that can give you maybe 2-3 good games before his limitations prevent you from doing anything. Kyle may not be any better but you need to make the change.

After season Danya needs to demand coaching changes and if Ron refuses; goodbye Ron. If Dan can make St Joe make changes; he can do it with the bum from Carolina.

46 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

The typical knee jerk "must be the QB, if only we signed one we would win the superbowl, look at how good Tom Brady is".  The problem with this team is definitely not TH, and an average team can go to the playoffs with the way TH is playing this season. 

Please an example from this year of an average team with Taylor that would then be a playoff team. The Vikings? He's better then Kirk now?

He is way overperforming for expectations coming from a journeyman on his 7-8th start, and its not even close.  

Maybe earlier in the year he did, but right now he looks like a journeyman and nothing more.  The bar is too low to get excited over.

Kyle deserves a shot if Taylor does, they were both backups, neither earned the starting job in August, Fitz did, and now we are in a 4 game losing streak.  We are quickly moving from playoff push to evaluation mode, we should give Kyle a chance to play since we've now seen half a season from Heinicke since they will be battling for a backup spot next season.

TH has lead this team to a grand total of 1 punt in the last 2 games. He got 7 actual drives last game, thats it, and 6 of the 7 were all "scoring" drives if we simply made a FG, or even attempted a FG.  Touchdowns would be the best, absolutely, but Ill start with an inexperienced QB leading scoring drives all day all over the place, and half of those drives stalled because of Turners bizarre obsession with running 72 million screen plays, and running some of the worst 3rd and 2 and 4th down plays Ive ever seen, giving us no shot.  Against the packers, TH lead 3 drives in the first half, all 3 were scoring drives except for, you guessed it, a missed FG and Ron going for 4th again.  Then, in the second half, AG fumbles in the first drive, and once again TH leads 4 straight scoring drives, but only one of them scores because Ron goes for 4th twice more, and then TH forces a late interception near the end of the game.

Excellent sugar coat job, but you make it sound like we are a Brees led Saints team from not punting.  If Taylor can't score TDs in the Redzone, how is that everybody else fault except his? He's taking more responsibility for his actions in his news conferences then you are.

And stop calling them scoring drives if we don't score, it's disingenuous. 

In the last two games, TH has lead the team to "should-have-been-scoring" drives in 13 of the 15 drives he could have, one was an AG fumble, one was a punt.  But we missed 3 FGs, and we turned the ball over on downs an astonishing 4 times.  That's half of those scoring drives with no scores because of Ron's in-game and kicker decisions. 

And the other half?

Maybe Ron is a good manager of people, he talks tough and demands discipline.  But maybe hes been such a poor coach over his whole career because he makes bad decisions and doesnt change.

Great QBs make coaches look better then they are, same way bad QBs make coaches look worse then the are.  See Mike McCarthy.  Its kinda unfair to judge Ron without a QB, any team will look terrible in that situation, you aren't supposed to win in this league on a sustained basis when your starting QB goes down, thats normal, this is reasonably expected results. 

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Please an example from this year of an average team with Taylor that would then be a playoff team. The Vikings? He's better then Kirk now?

Maybe earlier in the year he did, but right now he looks like a journeyman and nothing more.  The bar is too low to get excited over.

Kyle deserves a shot if Taylor does, they were both backups, neither earned the starting job in August, Fitz did, and now we are in a 4 game losing streak.  We are quickly moving from playoff push to evaluation mode, we should give Kyle a chance to play since we've now seen half a season from Heinicke since they will be battling for a backup spot next season.

And stop calling then scoring drives if we don't score, it's disingenuous.

Great QBs make coaches look better then they are, same way bad QBs make coaches look worse then the are.  See Mike McCarthy.  Its kinda unfair to judge Ron without a QB, any team will look terrible in that situation, you aren't supposed to win in this league on a sustained basis when your starting QB goes down, thats normal, this is reasonably expected results. 

So in other words, you never liked him and dont care how irrational your dislike is.  its the QBs fault if the kicker misses, got it.

Also, Ron is the best.  Sorry I said otherwise.

Just now, Peregrine said:

So in other words, you never liked him and dont care how irrational your dislike is.  its the QBs fault if the kicker misses, got it.

Also, Ron is the best.  Sorry I said otherwise.

Putting words in my mouth?

I never though he was the long term answer, but gave him a chance jus like everybody else.  He failed, own it.

It's not irrational, its perfectly grounded in reality.  I've posted stats, others have posted videos, it is what it is.

Ron is not best, but he needs a real QB to stand a chance, no matter what he gets right or wrong elsewhere.  I maintain that he needs to be given the 5 years, if for any reason we wont get an upgrade if we fire him.  Separate issue, really.

• Like 1