• Now
    • Between now and Fitz is off IR and cleared to play
    • Wait until Fitz is medically cleared to play and off IR
    • Let him play out the 2021 season
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • OP is a Taylor Hater

19 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

This thread was started one month into the season. If the fans were in charge, half the team would have been cut or traded. The remainder would be intentionally losing games to improve draft position.  Yet many complain about Snyder’s meddling. 

It was 6 games in, bro. 

Yes, its good we arent in charge, but that doesn't mean we are always wrong.  Folks on here calling for Collins to linebacker in August and we wait until week 8 to do it? 

Folks get their chance and then prove who they are, does that mean we gave up on Haskins too early, or were some folks right all along?

51 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

This thread was started one month into the season. If the fans were in charge, half the team would have been cut or traded. The remainder would be intentionally losing games to improve draft position.  Yet many complain about Snyder’s meddling. 

Strong culture* and building a solid balanced team will create an opportunity for sustainable success.  

*The team has to figure how to push Terry and John as the team leaders instead of a 2nd year player still figuring things out. The team leader needs to be a guy that regularly looks good on tape. 

Half of us would **** less if the product on the field looked competent, the other half would be less vocal if the FO/owner wasn't involved in a major scandal every 4 months.

6 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Looking at "Bustin'" suck fields tonight....I'm glad we have Heineke and not that dude.  

Fields is 22 years old, Taylor is 28.  I feel like I see this post every week lately, but its like saying you'd rather have Taylor over someone like Willis.  Theres a certain level of patience id have with an early 20s prospect over a late 20s journeyman.  I also can't name a single skill position player for the Bears, that does matter when developing a rookie.

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It was 6 games in, bro. 

Yes, its good we arent in charge, but that doesn't mean we are always wrong.  Folks on here calling for Collins to linebacker in August and we wait until week 8 to do it? 

Folks get their chance and then prove who they are, does that mean we gave up on Haskins too early, or were some folks right all along?

Ok 6 games. 

Well as fans we propose all scenarios, some have to be right.  The coaches probably know the situation better than anyone. I would suspect Collins’ classroom and locker room performance probably gave him the benefit of the doubt. BTW I agree that Collins looked terrible. 

Performance during the week AND Sundays got Haskins run out of town.  IMO that is why Heinicke is still out there;  he puts in the right effort during the week. However I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen fully steps up during the week or Fitz is back, he’d make a change.  RR isn’t going to make a move unless Allen is looking obviously better in practice or the classroom. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

So telling of where we are as a fanbase when "I don't care" is the 2nd leading response to this question. 

It's obvious we don't have the QB we need on our roster. The only thing that most of us are going to support is an all-in push by the team to get one. Until we have a QB who gives us a chance at being competitive - hell, just being respectable - many of us are going to find other things to do on Sundays in the Fall. 

11 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Performance during the week AND Sundays got Haskins run out of town.  IMO that is why Heinicke is still out there;  he puts in the right effort during the week. However I wouldn’t be surprised if Allen fully steps up during the week or Fitz is back, he’d make a change.  RR isn’t going to make a move unless Allen is looking obviously better in practice or the classroom. 

I'm at the acceptance stage of grief on this one, Taylor is going to start the rest of the season if for any reason Allen jus is not giving Ron a reason to put him in over Taylor.

He must really believe in Taylor's upside enough to risk losing games until lightning jumps back in the bottle.   His leash is longer then I thought, and I'm not convinced that being eliminated will be enough to switch either.

This thread is mainly for venting at this point, my case only matters in the realm of that I have the right to make it. I'll be at the Tampa game to see if folks are really getting open way some think they are, and I'm hoping for the best.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

WJIII for Darby

St. Juice for Moreland

Curl out for Collins (early in the year)

Shaze out (granted he ALWAYS gets hurt) and McCain in

And they trusted Holcomb and Bostic to hold down the LB fort while Davis developed.

It ALL blew up.

But the thing is, none of the moves (minus Curl for Collins) really DOESN"T make sense.

Darby was ok, but he had an injury history, and WJIII was seen as an upgrade.  And, btw, Darby was hurt again this year, and wasn't having a banner year.  So, maybe it works out if you bring Darby back, but eh, maybe not. 

St. Juice looks like he's going to be a player.  I don't understand why they didn't keep Moreland, though.  But you always draft guys, and St. Juice wasn't a bad pick, at least not yet.

I have sympathy for the FS decision, when they decided not to really invest in a FS, and just bring in McCain.  Shazer plays 2 games and gets hurt.  He has for years.  So you can't count on him.  McCain, in a vacuum, is an upgrade.  

The BIG problem is they let Collins back on the field.  They should have started Curl, and just had Collins come in as a reserve, and work his way back.  But they went all-in with Collins as the starter, and that blew up rather spectacularly.

It's just one of those things, they thought they were upgrading, and they inadvertently broke absolutely everything.   

Again, completely agree. I feel like the way Collins was handled, was similar to Dwayne last year. Like, we know he sucks, but were absolutely stuck with him and he definitely has to play so hang him out there, so its indisputable that he's trash and we should move forward. He's probably the last of the splashy players brought in before this regime. I know Ron wanted and expected a winning year, but once Fitz went down and Heinickes arm fizzled it was a real humbing experience. We're in a great position to build on going into next season and we're closer than people think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Again, completely agree. I feel like the way Collins was handled, was similar to Dwayne last year. Like, we know he sucks, but were absolutely stuck with him and he definitely has to play so hang him out there, so its indisputable that he's trash and we should move forward. He's probably the last of the splashy players brought in before this regime. I know Ron wanted and expected a winning year, but once Fitz went down and Heinickes arm fizzled it was a real humbing experience. We're in a great position to build on going into next season and we're closer than people think.

We aren’t close to anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We started 2-7 last year and we're going to start 2-7 this year and you think we're close to something special?

LOL.

Only thing we're closer to is that #1 draft pick.

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really have no earthly idea how well Fitz would have played this season, especially early, since he was learning the offense. However, what fans just seem to forget is this: Scott Turner is TH's biggest fan.  He was the only coach to go see his pro-day, he brought him to Minnesota and Carolina, and trusts.  (He and Ron are also fans of Kyle Allen, FWIW.)If Scott (and Ron) thought TH could be a legitimate starter, they would have given him the opportunity to do that.  

However, during the off season, Ron first went out and tried to acquire the best starting QB who was available through FA or trade: Matt Stafford.  Russ, Rodgers, Car, Matt Ryan and Watson were never available. The 3 starting QBs who got moved last off-season were Wentz, Goff and Stafford, with Goff and Stafford being swapped.  Stafford is better than Wentz (and I doubt the Eagles would deal Wentz here anyway).  And if McVay can't get something out of you, Scott Turner isn't, so Goff was a no for me. I guess you could throw Sam Darnold  and Marcus Mariota in there as well if you want to. Darnold was traded, and Mariotta was on the block, but neither are proven starters.  Ron went after the top dog who was available.  Period.  

Then, after the Rams made a ridiculous trade for Stafford the WFT couldn't match, Ron didn't just say "well, we're rolling with TH and Kyle Allen, we're good."  No, on the second day of free agency, he signed probably the best available QB on the market.  For what it's worth, the other options were Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, Jameis Winston, CJ Beathard, Jacoby Brissett, Joe Flacco and Mitch Trubisky.  Who wants to get up and fight that any of those guys is really better than any of the others?  The one who had the most recent success was Fitzy.  The rest are all somewhere between "meh" and "eeeeeee."  At least with Fitzy, he was coming off of 2 really good years, and has proven to be a good mentor.  That move, given striking out on Stafford, made a lot of sense.

Then, Ron didn't come in and say, "Fitz has to win the job."  He said "It's Fitz's job to keep."  IE: He's the starter unless he screws it up.  Which also meant TH and Kyle Allen COULD have possibly pried it away from Fitz if they had played out of their minds in OTAs and Pre-season.  But they never pushed Fitz.  Ever.  It was a non-issue, non-factor, and the resounding conclusion was this (in bold)

RYAN FITZPATRICK WAS BETTER THAN TAYLOR HEINICKE AND KYLE ALLEN

Now, if you want to argue that Fitzy is a career journeyman backup who's just "meh," I don't necessarily disagree.  But THAT is STILL better than TH and Kyle Allen.  Which says more about them than it does about Fitz.  

So when Fitzy went down, they turned to a QB who was just not as good as the one they signed to play.  And as time has gone on, defenses have figured out how to take away the throws TH CAN make, forcing him to make throws he really can't make, and you've seen the results. 

FWIW, do you know the hardest place to throw the ball?  In the Red Zone.  Why?  Because the windows are smaller and you have to be super accurate, make quick decisions, and really fit the ball into tight windows.  Which requires arm strength TH does not have.  Is it shocking that NFL defensive coordinators have figured out how to play red zone defense against TH?  Not even a little bit.  

So, here we are.  The hope was the defense would lead us this year.  It hasn't, for the reason in my previous post.  

But the hope was also the offense would be significantly improved.  And it isn't.  And a lot of that is because they have a backup playing QB who is physically limited.  I'd bet if EVERYTHING stayed the same, all the same injuries, opponents, defensive struggles, but they had landed Matt Stafford? This team is no worse than 4-4 and is probably 5-3.  

I personally think they would be at least 3-5 and possibly 4-4 if Fitz had stayed healthy, again, all things being equal.  The fact they are playing with a limited backup just cannot be overlooked.  

And I LIKE TH.  I think he should be on the team, and he has earned a spot on NFL rosters for a while, if he wants them.  He's a good guy, tries hard, has good athletic ability, is a gamer and a leader.  All of these things are great.  But he doesn't have the arm talent to be an NFL QB.  This affects his accuracy, and which throws he can make.  Can he pull a rabbit out of the hat a few times a year?  Sure.  Look at what Colt McCoy just did to San Fran.  But he can't be consistent with it because he doesn't have the tools.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

What happened to our buddy ODU Aggie ?

I havn't seen him post in a long time.

Was this the thread that sent him home ? 😛

He's alive on the Monarch boards in ODU land.  We Monarchs are similarly digging out from a 2-6 start to win the last 3 straight... and are one win away from bowl eligibility. 

As a double ODU/Redskins fan... this has been quite a lovely past few weeks!

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

This thread was silently trying to slip onto Page 2 of the threads and further out...

Fall Break! Pollen closed 10/24 through 11/3. | Eco-Friendly Wedding and  Event Florist | Pollen Chicago

lol 

Do we open it back up again if he has a bad game next Monday?

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What happened to our buddy ODU Aggie ?

I havn't seen him post in a long time.

Was this the thread that sent him home ? 😛

Yeah I was actually wondering the same thing. He seemed to dip pretty fast when Heinicke wasn't playing very well.

Edited by mistertim

I actually give props to @ODU AGGIE.  Yes, he bailed after the going got too tough to bear.  But what he hasn't done is showed back up here on some "I told you so" narrative, because he's probably smart enough not to jinx and bring bad karma to his boy.  Most folks would bail and then show right back up when the going gets good like certain posters here 🤣.

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

This thread was silently trying to slip onto Page 2 of the threads and further out...

In fairness, Ron all but made it clear he wasn't going to bench him for consistency sake.  Even if we lost these last two games, we arent going to see Kyle so Taylor was going to play out this season anyway regardless.  I accepted it, now I'm fine with it.

Don't jinx it...

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I actually give props to @ODU AGGIE.  Yes, he bailed after the going got too tough to bear.  But what he hasn't done is showed back up here on some "I told you so" narrative, because he's probably smart enough not to jinx and bring bad karma to his boy.  Most folks would bail and then show right back up when the going gets good like certain posters here 🤣.

The Hive Thread basically became another we don't have a QB thread for a month, now folks talking contract extension again after two game. 

The parade didn't get lost going down the wrong street, it stopped and dispersed.  I'm fine eating crow because it comes with territory and I want to win with anyone that helps us win.  

But anyone coming out with this "i told you so" crap needs to get pistol whipped because the hive was 99% MIA during the losing streak.

Edited by Renegade7