Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Fat Andy's Waffle House Menu

TK
Message added by TK,

1560437428_ScreenShot2021-10-17at4_09_09PM.thumb.png.696806ecf0cd690d7dc481988a1106ea.png

I don't know if this is a flaw in the scheme that KC studied, or if it just a case of our linebackers being too slow and not reading the actual ball carrier, but every single rush so far  by KC, the RB gets the ball and has nowhere to go up the middle, but just runs sideways around the D-line and not a single time has Holcomb or any linebacker been there for outside containment.  Every single rush by KC should have been anywhere from 0-2 yard gain, but because our linebackers are MIA every single time it turns into a 5 yard rush.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

You can thank Kendall Fuller for completely ****ing this drive and momentum up.

As bad as this defense is they can't afford to not take every opportunity given to them. Thats just bad individual play, not all on coaching. Players gotta step up too!

• Like 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I don't know if this is a flaw in the scheme that KC studied, or if it just a case of our linebackers being too slow and not reading the actual ball carrier, but every single rush so far  by KC, the RB gets the ball and has nowhere to go up the middle, but just runs sideways around the D-line and not a single time has Holcomb or any linebacker been there for outside containment.  Every single rush by KC should have been anywhere from 0-2 yard gain, but because our linebackers are MIA every single time it turns into a 5 yard rush.

We don't have a single starting caliber NFL linebacker on the roster. 

Just now, skins4eva said:

I'm not sure how Rivera can watch the tape on this defense and not see a major problem with the scheme.  It's beyond embarrassing at this point. 

I don’t think it’s the scheme. 

I think it’s players not playing the scheme.

And they’re trying to cover for the fact they have no NFL quality LBs.

Just now, skins4eva said:

We don't have a single starting caliber NFL linebacker on the roster. 

Oh no doubt about that at all, it's just that those rush attempts are as vanilla and bland as they come, and the D-line is doing it's job plugging holes.  Literally any LB just go stand there and the RB is running into you for no gain. Ugh.

• Like 1