Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, DiscoBob said:

There's suboptimal... below that is 50 ft of concrete... Vinny Cerrato, Jim Zorn, and Brucifer mud wrestling... 50 more feet of bedrock.... the somewhere near the center of the earth - Apke at CB

Food%20Chain%20Sykes%20Finished.jpg

Edited by dyst
  • Haha 4

I posted this also in the FA thread.  Chris Russell who watched practice went on and on about Curtis Samuel.  He said he looks dynamic as heck.  They used him all over the field, sweeps, swing passes, reverses, etc.  He said he looked really good and he thinks he's going to be a major feature in their offense based on what he saw

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Cosmi taking snaps on both sides of the ball is interesting. I’m assuming they are teaching him how players would try to beat him so he can be ready, recognize and then counter? 

:ols:

You made my night, man. They meant LT and RT. Not OT and DT.

• Haha 9

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can it be September already??? Seeing these reports is great!! 

You...you are one of them..I juuuust broke out the sandals...aaaaaand dumped a fortune into gardening and flowers..that i havent even watered... geesh..lol

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Pretty sure he meant playing right tackle and left tackle. 😆

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

:ols:

You made my night, man. They meant LT and RT. Not OT and DT.

So either I’m wrong and this was obvious. Or I’m a ****ing genius and just changed the game with my incredible and unorthodox coaching technique. 

I wouldn’t expect you to be on the same level @AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy but you, @KDawg.....I thought maybe you could see the vision. 

I’m very disappointed in hilarious embarrassed by y’all. 

No one else must speak of this. For everyone else’s sake. Totally not mine. 

😐

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hell yes get Fourth of July greatest holiday ever over with as quickly as possible let's hurry up and get through Summer come on winter...pfff.. seems like it was just a couple weeks ago a similar thread for the 2020 season was started

I blame all of you for time going by so fast

Laughed my ass off! Thought the same thing,  love the team and all, but as I age I pray life slows a bit. I want to retire, but also don't because that means I'm old! I'm on the tater page.

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

You...you are one of them..I juuuust broke out the sandals...aaaaaand dumped a fortune into gardening and flowers..that i havent even watered... geesh..lol

Same subject,  agree, let's get some some fishing in this summer before we hit the man cave! Ha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terpfan said:

That response from Collins on the whole LB thing makes perfect sense to me. Asking him to be a full time LB wouldn’t have been a good fit. Playing a LB type of role in certain packages does make sense though, and it sounds like he’s perfectly open to that. Getting more DBs on the field will be beneficial for us in most situations. 

"The more DBs, the merrier.". Love it!

51 minutes ago, teflon don said:

Laughed my ass off! Thought the same thing,  love the team and all, but as I age I pray life slows a bit. I want to retire, but also don't because that means I'm old! I'm on the tater page.

Same subject,  agree, let's get some some fishing in this summer before we hit the man cave! Ha

Hail yeah man..completely agree here..**** we were juuuust welcoming 2021 to get rid of 2020 and we're pretty much half way through 2021 already haaa haha

I didn't see this posted and has a few more tidbits...

While other teams are having trouble fielding a roster at optional practices, Washington had no such issues on Tuesday, as 87 of the team's 91 players reported for duty. They weren't tentative either.

Coach Ron Rivera had to send a handful of young players back inside because they wore their "shells," or shoulder pads - that's a no-no under the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

The tempo stayed fast early, and after Kendall Fuller jumped a route and broke up a pass for Terry McLaurin, the defense started a rowdy celebration. The message? Game on.

The enthusiasm is in large part because of Rivera, and he said he was flattered by the turnout (the notable no-shows were Chase Young and Montez Sweat on the defensive line).

"I think our guys understand that we're a fairly new team, with a lot of new faces," Rivera said. "And so to get together, to work together, to develop - I think our guys have seen the importance and significance of this."

Other observations:

--New quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick jumped right in, and as a guy who has had a lot of "first day of school" moments with new teams, he was ready to take charge and let it be known how he wants to play.

"We've got a lot of first, second year guys that are on the field, and he helped them get lined up," Rivera said. "And then you listen to him talk with (coaches Scott Turner and Ken Zampese) and you can see he's suggesting things, so there's that type of seniority that you feel and see from him."

Fitzpatrick's early work with the receivers is paying off. His best throw of the day was a back-shoulder fade to Cam Sims that was put in just the right spot at the right time. Cam Sims and Adam Humphries were two players Fitzpatrick seemed to have a really solid rhythm with right off the bat - no surprise on Humphries, given that they've played together before.

Fitzpatrick said his approach is to "put it in the spot where it needs to be ... then we can sit and talk (later) about expectations and why I did that."

--The play of the day, though, belonged to the other quarterback. Taylor Heinicke had a defender fully blanketing him, and he threw a sidearm pass - think Patrick Mahomes - to Isaiah Wright for a completion.

Heinicke's health remains a question mark until further notice, but his skill is unquestioned. He's extremely talented.

The day's other highlight was a pass that traveled 55 yards in the air to Dyami Brown that Brown was able to haul in. Don't get too excited, though. Heinicke would have been sacked on the play had it been allowed.

--Finishing off the QBs, Kyle Allen looked well ahead of schedule in his rehab from an ankle injury last year. Rivera said he's still easing back into things, but you wouldn't have known it from watching Allen move around. That's good news for the team entering camp.

--Saahdiq Charles was among the many players lining up at left tackle throughout the day. The offensive line was on constant rotation, and Rivera said that's intentional for the time being.

The same thing happened at linebacker, where Jamin Davis played at middle linebacker for a little while. Rivera said it's part of the learning process, and they'll eventually settle into defined roles.

--Sammis Reyes update: Had a couple of nice catches where he was much more fluid than at rookie camp, which is the progress coaches are looking for. Also had a pass where Heinicke zipped it over the middle, and it hit him square in the face mask. Can't win them all.

--Landon Collins remains out while he rehabs his torn Achilles. "Mental reps" are more of an NFL punchline than an actual thing, but Collins was engaged and participating through the whole practice, and appeared to be going through his motions from about 40 yards behind the play. He was no idle spectator.

Collins said he expects to be ready for Week 1.

--The team was addressed by Rivera and team president Jason Wright before practice, who noted the 1-year anniversary of the murder of George Floyd.

--If two hours in late May are any indication, Curtis Samuel is going to be used in really dynamic ways this year.

Rivera on Samuel: "He's fast. That was cool. ... Then you see how dynamic he is once he gets the ball in his hands."

--Potentially fascinating Rivera quote of the day...

Asked about the improvement of the roster in Year 2, he referenced how dependent his Carolina teams were on Cam Newton - and how what he's building in Washington isn't dependent on a quarterback.

"Obviously one of the positions we relied on so heavily was quarterback in Carolina, in terms of our entire offense. Here we don't necessarily have to rely on the quarterback, because we do have a lot of good weapons around our QB positions.

"So this is going to be a little bit different for me as I study it and look at it and watch our guys. But it's good to see the type of personnel we have. I thought we improved at receiver; we're improved at tight end; we're improved at running back.

"One of the goals you want to do when you talk about your offense every year is you want to make sure you can protect your quarterback, and you have playmakers around them, and I feel this year is a different group of guys, but I feel we're in a better position than we were last year."

Something to keep in mind when the quarterback rumors heat up next offseason.

--Fitzpatrick quote of the day, on the nice weather:

"The air was crisp today ... woke up and saw some deer in the back yard. It almost sounds like a Disney movie or something."

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

lol. Beat reporters can be so easily led about by their nose by coach speak. Talking about keeping in mind Rivera’s commentary on not building the roster around a QB when more become available next offseason...a month or two after he tried to trade multiple first round picks for Stafford. QB is and will remain a priority with Rivera, he just doesn’t want such a weak roster as he had in CAR, carried by a #1 overall phenom athlete at QB. Well, no ****. Anyone would learn from that. 

• Haha 2