Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

19 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Young and Sweat being absent isn’t that concerning but it is surprising. Especially Chase. 

Steven Sims not showing up doesn’t seem like a good idea... unless he knows he’s already out the door anyway. 

Yep.  Both Sims could be goners especially Jr.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Going back over decades there are certainly tons of one day wonders that fizzle out after a big first day at OTA/mini-camp.

But there are also true diamonds in the rough that were overlooked or underappreciated for whatever reason that, from day one, are determined to SHOW they belong.

I hope we'll look back at this as a "show I belong" moment for the young buck.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
  • Sam Cosmi, the second-rounder who will have a legit chance to replace Morgan Moses at right tackle in 2021, wore No. 62 at rookie minicamp... but is now wearing Moses' old digits, 76. That's cold, even by pro football's chilly standards.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

So, I take it the real reason Moses was cut was because he was asking too high a price to switch jersey numbers?

I thought maybe it was the only number in the 70s available but 70 and 79 appear to be free too. Just cold blooded, Sam. 🤣

• Haha 4

If he can’t cover at safety I’m not sure why you’d expect he could cover at CB, but sure why not. He’s not making the team at safety so I don’t see the downside of trying him somewhere else. Maybe see if he can gain 30 lbs and play linebacker. 😂

32 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Could make a good corner. Hes definitely got the size and speed. 

I don't know anything about evaluating football talent beyond the obvious but BMitch bluntly said on his radio show that the corner experiment has no chance for success because Apke has a fatal flaw...

Apke has the straight line speed but lacks the change of direction a corner needs because he has "stiff hips". Said other than special teams he can't help the team.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Troy Apke at CB seems ...suboptimal.

There's suboptimal... below that is 50 ft of concrete... Vinny Cerrato, Jim Zorn, and Brucifer mud wrestling... 50 more feet of bedrock.... the somewhere near the center of the earth - Apke at CB

• Haha 5

Hell yes get Fourth of July greatest holiday ever over with as quickly as possible let's hurry up and get through Summer come on winter...pfff.. seems like it was just a couple weeks ago a similar thread for the 2020 season was started

I blame all of you for time going by so fast

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

McCain saying WFT runs a “tight ship” - that is pretty darn exciting.  What a great change this group of coaches have brought with them.  

Do you have that quote? Haven’t heard anything from him yet. 

4 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Do you have that quote? Haven’t heard anything from him yet. 

On the previous page roughly 2/3s down - tweets about him, Collins and Jackson from them at the podium after practice. Posted by Fresh8686

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

McCain saying WFT runs a “tight ship” - that is pretty darn exciting.  What a great change this group of coaches have brought with them.  

I'll take it!

Under Skipper Snyder and first mate Allen it was a three hour pleasure cruise and the rest of the time you were on your own...

image.png.791f6e2f1894a04a8f9c8bb9cb0c004d.png

Snyder: The players decided that they don't wanna practice anymore today. So they're heading off to the ping pong table.

What do we do now, little buddy?

Bruce: Uh I don't know Skipper...

You wanna have some Chivas Regal while we watch Mary Anne and Ginger through the peepholes?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7