Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Where the **** are all the tweets? This is the sip thread and it's all tatered up? What gives?

This is some straight up b.......!    Got this shiny new official OTA thread and no OTA s...... to put in it!

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, carex said:

that depends on what kind of fan you are.  Me, for example, I try to be rational all the time.  If I think the team is middle of the road and should be 7-9 to 9=7 I say it and am only really disappointed if they're significantly worse.  If we're bad enough that we're in a situation where we should be 2-14 I'm more pissed the roster got bad enough for that to happen than that we're losing games

I certainly idnt like the current fans today...that's a fact....yes I spelled idnt right

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Where the **** are all the tweets? This is the sip thread and it's all tatered up? What gives?

I completely agree here..and I'm being serious..what the **** is going on?....I haven't had this much recognition in the 15+ years I've been here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I certainly idnt like the current fans today...that's a fact....yes I spelled idnt right

I completely agree here..and I'm being serious..what the **** is going on?....I haven't had this much recognition in the 15+ years I've been here.

I literally never have any idea what you’re talking about.

idnt? 

Does that mean you don’t like the fans? Odd take if it does. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I literally never have any idea what you’re talking about.

idnt? 

Does that mean you don’t like the fans? Odd take if it does. 

Literally never?....ok fine..

I certainly am not like the current fans today...I didnt say I dont like the current fans today..just that I'm not like your current fan today.

28 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Literally never?....ok fine..

I certainly am not like the current fans today...I didnt say I dont like the current fans today..just that I'm not like your current fan today.

Pretty close. 

but yes, I’d agree you’re not like current fans today. But I have absolutely no idea how anyone would know that’s what you meant when you use a word like idnt. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Pretty close. 

but yes, I’d agree you’re not like current fans today. But I have absolutely no idea how anyone would know that’s what you meant when you use a word like idnt. 

Idnt is a hillbilly term for isn't...what kind of fan am I in your eyes than?

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Who did we release for Ricky Seals Jones?

We had two available roster spots from releasing Moses and Christian. Even after signing RSJ we still have an available roster spot. (We’re at 90 currently but David Bada being in the IPP gives us 91 roster spots)

Edited by terpfan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Idnt is a hillbilly term for isn't...what kind of fan am I in your eyes than?

Old school idealistic that life’s in the realm of wanting things to be like they used to be and doesn’t want to face the reality that it can never be that way again. 

So you look at everything through the lens of how things were done in the early 90s and it can leave you disappointed at times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terpfan said:

We had two available roster spots from releasing Moses and Christian. Even after signing RSJ we still have an available roster spot. (We’re at 90 currently but David Bada brings in the IPP gives us 91 roster spots)

That explains it. Didn’t update with the Moses/Christian releases. Will update today.

Edited by KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think Fitz is going to get benched, even in an open competition. What I DO think, and agree with you on, is that Heinicke behind Fitz is a great opportunity to show that he can learn more of the little things from a Harvard guy and prove that he can do it.

Little things like throwing the ball in the empty spaces of the zones where the receivers should be that Fitz is already doing is something huge for Heinicke to learn. 

I don’t think we should be writing Heinicke off as a fan base. He could be the longish term QB if he can prove to be durable and consistent moving forward. 

This is why the preseason games will be much more interesting this summer. I will be watching the QBs very closely. We pretty much know what Fitz offers, if Heinke beats him out that's a great sign for the team and possible its future. 

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That explains it. Didn’t update with the Moses/Christian releases. Will update today.

Small thing but you’ve got Chris Miller at LB. He’s a DB. I think he’s played CB and S. The team site has him listed at safety for what that’s worth. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Old school idealistic that life’s in the realm of wanting things to be like they used to be and doesn’t want to face the reality that it can never be that way again. 

So you look at everything through the lens of how things were done in the early 90s and it can leave you disappointed at times.

Nope..completely wrong.. I know it's 2022 and things have changed yes I put 2022 in on purpose because of how time stupidly flies... this is the kind of fan I am...

There's fans of all ages shapes and sizes... I'm a 43 year old overweight fan LOL... right now currently May 27th I'm more focused on today being the last day of school for my kids and my son graduating the school he's at and going on to high school next year... I'm focusing more on the 4th of July is on a Sunday so that means we'll have a celebration here on Saturday the 3rd... focusing on the weather getting nicer here and finally having a get together with my parents this Sunday who I haven't seen in several months.. I'm a die-hard 43 year Washington Redskins/football team fan... I was born a fan and will always be a fan.. I am not the type of fan to be concerned about what the salary cap is or what certain players are being paid what or if they cost too much I focus more on what happens on the field and if it's a losing season I focus on the next season if the office or management isn't doing things right not paying players the right amount of money and what have you and it leads to the team constantly losing then either stay a fan or become a fan of a different team... now if there's anything of this you don't understand feel free to tell me you don't understand and what do I mean

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Baked Hillbilly Potato 

Lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

This is why the preseason games will be much more interesting this summer. I will be watching the QBs very closely. We pretty much know what Fitz offers, if Heinke beats him out that's a great sign for the team and possible its future. 

We have a tough schedule, and we’re Washington.

We’re going to need a few QBs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terpfan said:

Small thing but you’ve got Chris Miller at LB. He’s a DB. I think he’s played CB and S. The team site has him listed at safety for what that’s worth. 

I honestly have no idea who he is. Someone told me he’s a LB/S and I just put him somewhere because I figured it’s not going to matter.

But I will move him to S as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll believe it when I see it

Considering starting a poll: What costs us more games, Fitztragic goin off the rails or the zebras bonin us as usual? I figure they will make themselves known vs Tompa Bay and Mahomes, probably GB's Jeopardy host as well.

Not that I'm cynical or anything

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It's pretty awesome seeing national guys talk about us potentially making a deep run in the playoffs. Really feels like a complete team right now. I also love the last 5 weeks of the season being all division games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Idnt is a hillbilly term for isn't...

"Idn't is still spelled "isn't" it's all about the pronunciation and inflection. Are your kin from Idaho? Usually "hillbillies" are from a very unique region of Va, WV, Tn, Ky, and NC they all share a common dialect and accent. that is very unique from the southern drawl.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

"Idn't is still spelled "isn't" it's all about the pronunciation and inflection. Are your kin from Idaho? Usually "hillbillies" are from a very unique region of Va, WV, Tn, Ky, and NC they all share a common dialect and accent. that is very unique from the southern drawl.

This is more where I was trying to go with idnt... and yes you're exactly right where Hillbillies originate from.. my parents are from here their parents are from here there parents's parents are from here....I was just using it to be silly.

• Like 2

ASHBURN, Va. -- The list of issues on offense were long, highlighted by bottom-of-the-NFL rankings. As the Washington Football Team entered the offseason, this much was clear: It needed better personnel.

So it signed a veteran quarterback. It signed a speedy wide receiver and then drafted another. It added a steady move-the-chains wide receiver and reshuffled its offensive line.

And it led coach Ron Rivera to say on Tuesday that "we do not have to rely on the quarterback. We have a lot of good weapons around our QB."

With the Carolina Panthers, Rivera had Cam Newton in his prime -- a QB who could bail a team out of bad situations. Here in Washington, he has Ryan Fitzpatrick, a quarterback who is with his ninth team, who fits the very definition of a journeyman and is playing the best ball of his pro career.

Fitzpatrick represents an upgrade over Washington's 2020 quarterback room -- a group that combined to finish last in total QBR. Meanwhile, covering his past 24 games, Fitzpatrick ranks a leaguewide seventh in total QBR.

But Washington's offense went beyond adding Fitzpatrick, it also beefed up its firepower at wide receiver. Last season's offense finished 30th in yards per pass attempt and next-to-last in yards per play. Washington ranked 26th in number of pass plays covering 20 or more yards.

Washington hasn't finished in the top 10 in points or yards since 2016 (third in yards). It was 10th in points in 2015. In the past three seasons, it ranked 25th or worse in those categories.

During its first spring practice session open to the media, it was clear the team will be more aggressive looking for bigger plays down the field. Fitzpatrick is considered a gunslinger, but his 7.31 yards per pass attempt the past two years ranks 17th, suggesting a player who is willing to take chances while being smarter with the ball. Two years ago, he completed 19-of-52 passes that traveled 20 or more yards. Last season, in six fewer games, he completed 11-of-17 such throws.

Washington knew it needed to bolster the lineup around Fitzpatrick, and that effort in finding more outside speed started by signing Curtis Samuel this offseason.

"That was one thing that is very noticeable as far as our wide receiver group was concerned," Rivera said. "Those guys can run. We got faster as a unit and as a team. It was cool to see all of them. It was good to see Curtis and then you see how dynamic he is once he gets the ball in his hands."

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington/post/_/id/41445/washingtons-revamped-offense-primed-for-speed-depth-and-big-plays

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This is more where I was trying to go with idnt... and yes you're exactly right where Hillbillies originate from.. my parents are from here their parents are from here there parents's parents are from here....I was just using it to be silly.

It's all good my fellow fan! I planted some Kennebecs this year (tire method) Any advice? Tires are packed with Sphaghum moss and mixing the va clay with some good old cow manure. But I don't know a lot about growing potatoes besides what we've always done.

Turners offense is going to pop this year. No use running misdirection and multi plays out of a single formation when nobody respects your weapons. Sit on Terry, crowd the line, not worry about the deep pass and funnel it to the TE for short gains at best. Wright or Steve Sims are going to burn you. 

Now, the FS has to stay back. You can't sit on the line and worry about Gibson. Samuel's could do a reverse or he could run it, while Terry has gotten behind you. If you can stop those 3, now Humphries is covered by a LBer or Thomas is sitting in gaps. 

You won't be able to cheat our plays and if you do, someone's getting behind you and Fitz will nail it.

What a difference a year can make.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think Fitz is going to get benched, even in an open competition. What I DO think, and agree with you on, is that Heinicke behind Fitz is a great opportunity to show that he can learn more of the little things from a Harvard guy and prove that he can do it.

Little things like throwing the ball in the empty spaces of the zones where the receivers should be that Fitz is already doing is something huge for Heinicke to learn. 

I don’t think we should be writing Heinicke off as a fan base. He could be the longish term QB if he can prove to be durable and consistent moving forward. 

This is what I think I think:

1. barring a calamity in camp  Fitz starts the season regardless of how well Taylor looks.

2. barring an absolute miracle year (fingers crossed), at some point, Fitz is either going to have a mini-bad play streak or get dinged and Rivera will turn to Taylor.

3. if Taylor plays like the 5’ 10” unicorn we all saw last season he’s only coming out for injury.

4. if otoh Taylor stumbles, we go back to Fitz who has proven he doesn’t take benching personally.

4. the key is that somehow we MUST find out this season, before the 2022 draft, just what we have in Taylor Heinicke.

5. the only way to do that is to play him during the regular season.

• Like 4