Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Zackly.  All elements (such as aluminium or caesium) are chemicals, but not all chemicals (such as trinitrotoluene) are elements.

Graphically (for those who respond best to visual learning) think of one large circle which represents all chemicals and chemical compositions in the known universe.

Inside that first circle is a much smaller second circle which represents all of the discovered and synthesized elements.

There is also a third circle inside the first circle which does NOT intersect with the second circle that represents hypothesized but yet to be discovered or synthesized elements such as Ununennium (atomic number 119).

• Like 1

Good lookin’ out @terpfan!

Hoping the new duo over there improve our run blocking - IIRC, Gibson’s numbers - broken tackles, yards after contact and ypc suggest we could stand to get a lot better on the blocking front.  Of course, adding Bates, Humphries over Sims Jr might help as well, along with Samuel/McKissick for misdirection and the trio of Terry, Samuel and Brown to push secondary players deeper.

I’m probably most excited though about the combo of Scherff and Cosmi - if they can road grade like I’m imagining...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Damn is number 98, at the beginning of the video, "in the family way" (with twins)?

EDIT: Just realized 98 is our Greek freak, Ioannidis (sp)!! Forget what I foolishly said that bad ass mothersucker can eat anything he wants as long as he keeps demolishing o-lines!

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

6 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Graphically (for those who respond best to visual learning) think of one large circle which represents all chemicals and chemical compositions in the known universe.

Inside that first circle is a much smaller second circle which represents all of the discovered and synthesized elements.

There is also a third circle inside the first circle which does NOT intersect with the second circle that represents hypothesized but yet to be discovered or synthesized elements such as Ununennium (atomic number 119).

Well I didn’t feel all that smart before the last couple pages and now I know I’m not that smart... as long as you can make beer from them there elements it’s cool stuff 🥃🍻🍺

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

There is also a third circle inside the first circle which does NOT intersect with the second circle that represents hypothesized but yet to be discovered or synthesized elements ...

Look what I found in that third circle:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Screenshot_2020-06-10-usa_today_13453182-0-jpg-WEBP-Image-1200-%c3%97-800-pixels-Scaled-79-e1591803047309.png

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

You know we have all been kinda piling on him and saying he is ripe for being released next year, but I think with the upgrades around him he will be asked to do less as far as covering for other guys and I think he has a real good year.  To be more precise, I mean that he will have a more defined / focused role this year.

I hope you're right, I just remember him struggling to handle normal Cover 2 assignments.  I don't think you can be a safety in this league if you can't handle Cover 2, unless you have the Legion of Boom secondary around you (Kam Chancellor).

By struggle I mean the defense was showing one look pre-snap, then rotates immediately post-snap to the actual defense and he couldn't do it.  Out of position too frequently or losing track of the action while rotating.  I thought there was a noticeable falloff in his play from 2019 to 2020.  Maybe 2020 was an aberration for him?

I'm not optimistic.  But I will happily be wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Nice.

With that smoke surrounding him it's as if he's right in the middle of being synthesized out of the firmament.

Abiogenesis-- life from non-life. "Let thought become flesh".

The way our local media tries to stir the pot and antagonize team situations is really annoying. A few of the interview questions I've seen have been blatantly to provoke our players, but guys like Collins and McCain handled them well. Some will say "it's their jobs" but our media seems to antagonize the team more often than not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Man, KoolBlue was upset yesterday when he showed up and there were no camp tweets, but instead, everyone was Tatering, rather than Tweeting.

I can only imagine his reaction today when he shows up, and it's all about the booty on the receivers, and atomic trinitrotoluene

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Doubt Chase gets it unless the whole defense is good enough that media thinks it has to be someone on the team.

Harder to get 20ish sacks on a defense with other pass rushers rightfully gobbling up some of that.

If the defense is even better, I wouldn't even be sold that Chase was the best option.  He might be, but narratives switch quickly.  All it takes is one defender having a great game in our first primetime match (TNF?), then suddenly the media latches onto them for the season.

Edit:. Our week 1 opponent has two guys on that list.

If Chase gets 16 or more sacks (one/wk) he has as good a shot as anybody.

Of course, the slight impediment might be actually getting that many sacks but I wouldn't bet against him.

Year two is usually when the great young DEs begin to truly dominate.

4 hours ago, terpfan said:

That is an interesting quote on RBs... He has to have meant Patterson because we didn’t add anyone else...

Here are the 2020 PFF grades for the 4 guys you asked about. Leno’s run block grade was a bit of an outlier compared to past years, but on average it looks like he’s a bit better in that area than Lucas. But overall Lucas was actually better in 2020. Schweitzer also had his best year last year according to PFF. Flowers was the 32nd ranked guard in 2020 and 33rd in 2019... so very consistent in that respect. 
3843C2F2-8862-4CE2-9181-ADC4E41B1547.jpeg.fa51c50d813fed688d8b17d6bd781093.jpeg410CBB5F-1B2F-4D12-BD28-29CA38186F57.jpeg.a4f594c80bf15e5ae6bc7199aeab11df.jpeg04181F30-3693-4135-8534-198F965769EB.jpeg.b4d10c5c720bd74897e0ce3525088606.jpeg5405CC12-0C58-4ADF-9D06-2F5641C451EE.jpeg.f10173d54c4f0cb193d453e6ff17c122.jpeg

Thanks. I did a trial on that site but I didn’t read the fine print that all the good analytics you had to pay extra for.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Good lookin’ out @terpfan!

Hoping the new duo over there improve our run blocking - IIRC, Gibson’s numbers - broken tackles, yards after contact and ypc suggest we could stand to get a lot better on the blocking front.  Of course, adding Bates, Humphries over Sims Jr might help as well, along with Samuel/McKissick for misdirection and the trio of Terry, Samuel and Brown to push secondary players deeper.

I’m probably most excited though about the combo of Scherff and Cosmi - if they can road grade like I’m imagining...

We’ll see how Cosmi is as a run blocker. He’s not a power guy per se, he’s strong but not particularly “big” for his frame at only 310 lbs or so. But where he’ll do real damage is going to be pulling and getting to the second level with his quickness where he can punish unsuspecting LBs and DBs. Shades of Trent Williams. 😎

Edited by terpfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

If Chase gets 16 or more sacks (one/wk) he has as good a shot as anybody.

Of course, the slight impediment might be actually getting that many sacks but I wouldn't bet against him.

Year two is usually when the great young DEs begin to truly dominate.

If Chase keeps forcing fumbles, he could get it with fewer sacks.  I think there was one year Terrell Suggs won DPOY, mostly from turnovers.  14 sacks, 7 FF, 2 Int on a Top 3 defense.

Btw, we're in a weird spot of NFL History.  Lawrence Taylor got the award 3 times.  JJ Watt 3 times.  And now Aaron Donald 3 times.  Most HoF defenders only get it once if they even get it.  I can't see Aaron Donald getting it again, at a certain point there's voter fatigue.  But to have two active players who have won the award 3 times seems crazy.  Lawrence Taylor last played in the early-90's, he last won it in the mid-80's.  It's been 30-35 years since someone was thought to be that dominant in 3 seasons, and it's happened twice almost back-to-back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain James said:

ken jeong ha gay GIF

Synonyms:

cheerful · cheery · merry · jolly · lighthearted · mirthful · jovial · glad · happy · bright · in good spirits · in high spirits · joyful · elated · exuberant · animated · lively · sprightly · vivacious · buoyant · bouncy · bubbly · perky · effervescent · playful · frolicsome · chirpy · on top of the world · as happy as a sandboy · as happy as a clam!

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

If Chase keeps forcing fumbles, he could get it with fewer sacks.  I think there was one year Terrell Suggs won DPOY, mostly from turnovers.  14 sacks, 7 FF, 2 Int on a Top 3 defense.

Btw, we're in a weird spot of NFL History.  Lawrence Taylor got the award 3 times.  JJ Watt 3 times.  And now Aaron Donald 3 times.  Most HoF defenders only get it once if they even get it.  I can't see Aaron Donald getting it again, at a certain point there's voter fatigue.  But to have two active players who have won the award 3 times seems crazy.  Lawrence Taylor last played in the early-90's, he last won it in the mid-80's.  It's been 30-35 years since someone was thought to be that dominant in 3 seasons, and it's happened twice almost back-to-back.

This doesn’t take away from the freakishness of Watt or Donald, but it’s worth noting that there are waaaay more pass plays happening now. Probably outpacing the constantly growing athleticism on both sides of the ball over the decades....so while it’s been a never-ending arms race between the development of freakier and freakier physical specimens at EDGE and OT, I don’t think you can just attribute it to that. Teams are throwing the ball 600-700 times per season now, lots more opportunity for sacks than in a time when the run was dominant. 

• Like 3