Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

1) Patterson is going to make this team AND see a good amount of carries.

2) They didn’t sell the farm for a QB because not only do they really like Fitz, they also like Heinicke but we’re cognizant of the durability on sustainability and didn’t want to put the weight of the world on his shoulders immediately after coming out of math class and then being the starting QB. 

3) I still think they reach higher for a QB if it just falls into place, but I think they are really looking at Heinicke and for that matter, Allen, to see if they can do it while using a certified good dude leader type in Fitzy as the bridge to finding out. 

RR has said he likes his QB room and I think it's for good reason. I still believe Heinicke has impressed the coaches and his teammates to the point where they are all intrigued at how good he can be. Fitz is the perfect guy to bring in for what we are doing in finding out how good the QB's we have can be. I can't help but think of Mark Rypien when I look at our QB room. Ryp was drafted in the 6th round and turned into a SB winning QB on a team that likely thought they'd never need him to start. I don't see why, with a great roster around them, Fitz, Taylor or Allen can't be very good QB's for this team. 

24 minutes ago, max21 said:

You’re going to have a bad time trying to figure out what to do when Mclaurin, Samuel and Brown are on the field together with Gibson in the backfield. Here I am excited during an offseason again 

You could also add Thomas into that equation. 

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

This is what I think I think:

1. barring a calamity in camp  Fitz starts the season regardless of how well Taylor looks.

2. barring an absolute miracle year (fingers crossed), at some point, Fitz is either going to have a mini-bad play streak or get dinged and Rivera will turn to Taylor.

3. if Taylor plays like the 5’ 10” unicorn we all saw last season he’s only coming out for injury.

4. if otoh Taylor stumbles, we go back to Fitz who has proven he doesn’t take benching personally.

4. the key is that somehow we MUST find out this season, before the 2022 draft, just what we have in Taylor Heinicke.

5. the only way to do that is to play him during the regular season.

Well said.

Henceforth, Taylor H shall be known as "The Unicorn."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Speaking of the quote from RR (the one they showed in the video) - “we got better at receiver, got better at TE, got better at RB” - I don’t want to read too much into it, but the rb comment is intriguing.  Suggests he’s pretty high on Patterson.

Speaking of which, anyone ( @Skinsinparadise) have the PFF differences in run blocking grades from Leno/Lucas and Flowers/Sweitzer?  Not that their word is gospel, just curious what we might expect there...

That is an interesting quote on RBs... He has to have meant Patterson because we didn’t add anyone else...

Here are the 2020 PFF grades for the 4 guys you asked about. Leno’s run block grade was a bit of an outlier compared to past years, but on average it looks like he’s a bit better in that area than Lucas. But overall Lucas was actually better in 2020. Schweitzer also had his best year last year according to PFF. Flowers was the 32nd ranked guard in 2020 and 33rd in 2019... so very consistent in that respect. 
3843C2F2-8862-4CE2-9181-ADC4E41B1547.jpeg.fa51c50d813fed688d8b17d6bd781093.jpeg410CBB5F-1B2F-4D12-BD28-29CA38186F57.jpeg.a4f594c80bf15e5ae6bc7199aeab11df.jpeg04181F30-3693-4135-8534-198F965769EB.jpeg.b4d10c5c720bd74897e0ce3525088606.jpeg5405CC12-0C58-4ADF-9D06-2F5641C451EE.jpeg.f10173d54c4f0cb193d453e6ff17c122.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubt Chase gets it unless the whole defense is good enough that media thinks it has to be someone on the team.

Harder to get 20ish sacks on a defense with other pass rushers rightfully gobbling up some of that.

If the defense is even better, I wouldn't even be sold that Chase was the best option.  He might be, but narratives switch quickly.  All it takes is one defender having a great game in our first primetime match (TNF?), then suddenly the media latches onto them for the season.

Edit:. Our week 1 opponent has two guys on that list.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Do we have any potential candidates for Comeback Player of the Year 2021 ?

Taylor Heinicke, for ending the 2020 season with a mis-located shoulder, and then coming back to win 14 games for us this year ?

Kyle Allen, for breaking his foot in 2020, then coming back to play clean-up duty in the last 3 games, after Heinicke clinches the division easily with a 14-0 start ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Taylor Heinicke, for ending the 2020 season with a mis-located shoulder, and then coming back to win 14 games for us this year ?

Kyle Allen, for breaking his foot in 2020, then coming back to play clean-up duty in the last 3 games, after Heinicke clinches the division easily with a 14-0 start ?

I think it's generally for known good players coming back from injury and having a pro bowl season.

I don't think anyone fits that bill with us this year.

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think it's generally for known good players coming back from injury and having a pro bowl season.

I don't think anyone fits that bill with us this year.

Let's see what kind of year Landon Collins has.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Let's see what kind of year Landon Collins has.

You know we have all been kinda piling on him and saying he is ripe for being released next year, but I think with the upgrades around him he will be asked to do less as far as covering for other guys and I think he has a real good year.  To be more precise, I mean that he will have a more defined / focused role this year.

Edited by Chris 44

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Collins? I don't think he's a realistic candidate, but coming back from a weak start and an Achilles makes him a possibility.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Collins? I don't think he's a realistic candidate, but coming back from a weak start and an Achilles makes him a possibility.

Yea, I think Ioann has a much better chance.

But will he be allowed to win both awards this year, for both Comeback Player of the Year, AND Defensive Player of the Year ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How about Matt Ioannidis for Comeback Player of the Year ?

BOOM !

Automatic.

And DPOTY when he sets the record for sacks by a guy whose name no one can spell without looking it up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, wit33 said:

Full speculation mixed in with fandom hope, but the Turner scheme mixed with Fitzpatrick could be just the right mix to create a positive chemical reaction. 

What two chemicals for my science people? 

Heat with Silver and a Copper >>> (Sterling Silver)

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1110/the-most-expensive-sports-trophies.aspx

Super Bowl Trophy: $10,000

The Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the National Football League (NFL) champion each year. The trophy is nearly two feet tall, made entirely of sterling silver, and features a regulation-sized football in kickoff position. It’s created from scratch each year by Tiffany & Co., and, according to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is worth over $10,000.2 The value of the silver used to make the trophy, however, according to unit prices as of February 2021, is around $2,900.3 The words "Vince Lombardi Trophy" and the NFL shield are engraved onto the base.

After the Super Bowl, the nearly seven-pound trophy is presented to the winning team, then sent back to Tiffany to be cleaned and engraved with the winning team's name, the date, and the final score of the game. The trophy is then sent back to the winning team for them to keep.4

edit: that's elements, not chemicals.  Guess I'll need to try harder.

Edited by jsharrin55
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Heat with Silver and a Copper >>> (Sterling Silver)

https://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/1110/the-most-expensive-sports-trophies.aspx

Super Bowl Trophy: $10,000

The Vince Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the National Football League (NFL) champion each year. The trophy is nearly two feet tall, made entirely of sterling silver, and features a regulation-sized football in kickoff position. It’s created from scratch each year by Tiffany & Co., and, according to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, is worth over $10,000.2 The value of the silver used to make the trophy, however, according to unit prices as of February 2021, is around $2,900.3 The words "Vince Lombardi Trophy" and the NFL shield are engraved onto the base.

After the Super Bowl, the nearly seven-pound trophy is presented to the winning team, then sent back to Tiffany to be cleaned and engraved with the winning team's name, the date, and the final score of the game. The trophy is then sent back to the winning team for them to keep.4

edit: that's elements, not chemicals.  Guess I'll need to try harder.

You did fine, elements are chemicals. Chemical elements to be exact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Sadly I am a Chemist, although it's been years since I did chemist things.  My brain was working through atom vs molecule.  Whoomp whoomp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Zackly.  All elements (such as aluminium or caesium) are chemicals, but not all chemicals (such as trinitrotoluene) are elements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1