Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

25 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Payne, I think.

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

You’ll be seeing a contract for Terry around this time next year. 

Payne signed his 5th year, so although I think we resign him next year, we do have him for two more.

TMac should be next year, but again, it doesn't need to be. It just should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Love the positive momentum of Allen and Thomas signings headed into camp. Just some positive news for everyone to talk about and I’m sure guys are over the moon for Logan being recognized, this will be the real life changing money for him. 

Yeah, one on offense, one on defense, everyone's happy. Well except for special teams, no love for them yet 😀.

• Haha 1

At the moment I think there won’t be many major needs next offseason, so we can really focus our attention and resources on the QB situation. But I’d order the priorities like this. 

Major priorities:

1. QB (Re-sign Fitz? Big name vet? First round rookie?)

2. OL (We’ll have a decent core of Roullier, Schweitzer, Cosmi and Charles but we’ll need at least one starter maybe two with Leno, Lucas and Scherff all on expiring deals and Flowers unlikely to be on the team at his $10M cap number)

Could be a major need but might depend on how this year goes:

3. S (Collins likely cut and McCain on a one year deal. Reaves will be an RFA)

4. LB (Holcomb and Davis should be a good core but this is even now a position of lesser depth that I imagine they will look to further bolster next offseason. And still debatable if either of these guys are the MLB of the future)

Lower priority but still will need to be addressed:

5. RB (Gibson under contract but McKissic and Barber are in the last years of their deals so we’ll need some depth here. Not that difficult a position to address though).

I think our core at WR, TE, DL and CB should be strong. Maybe just a depth signing or a mid/low round draft pick here and there. Things are coming together to next year being the start of true contention if we hit on the QB position…

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

We will see how Mccain plays this year. But I expect he will end up being someone we would like to keep. The rest of the list not concerning at all IMO. 

Hopefully, but I sometimes forget about him. Kinda reminds me of those vet signings who we get excited about but then never hear from them much. Like the Seattle WR few years back and the Steelers safety from last year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Hopefully, but I sometimes forget about him. Kinda reminds me of those vet signings who we get excited about but then never hear from them much. Like the Seattle WR few years back and the Steelers safety from last year.

The main difference for McCain is that he's on a 1 year contract. Once he gets his payday, THEN he'll be invisible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Age definitely is important, so I understand some hesitancy with Logan but I’d rather have a 30 year old Logan Thomas than a 24 year old Jeremy Sprinkle.  Just saying.

The wear and tear factor isn't there for Logan Thomas.  He's a young 30...if that makes sense.

Actually, I have no idea if that's a reputable theory or not.

James Harrison as an example maybe?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The wear and tear factor isn't there for Logan Thomas.  He's a young 30...if that makes sense.

Actually, I have no idea if that's a reputable theory or not.

James Harrison as an example maybe?

He wore the no-tackle jersey for 3 years, then a total of 50 targets before last season.  I think he is confirmed low-mileage.

• Like 5

Couple of questions.....

Where all the first day of training camp tweets be at?

Second, why only a 4 day stint in Richmond, seems like a waste of time and effort...contractual thing?

Tired of hitting refresh for no reason!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Couple of questions.....

Where all the first day of training camp tweets be at?

Second, why only a 4 day stint in Richmond, seems like a waste of time and effort...contractual thing?

Tired of hitting refresh for no reason!

Today’s only the conditioning test, in past years we don’t find out who passed or failed until like 5 PM. Tomorrow’s the first day of practice 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Today’s only the conditioning test, in past years we don’t find out who passed or failed until like 5 PM. Tomorrow’s the first day of practice 

At least Albert Haynesworth made conditioning tests fun! 

• Haha 3