Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

The wear and tear factor isn't there for Logan Thomas.  He's a young 30...if that makes sense.

Actually, I have no idea if that's a reputable theory or not.

James Harrison as an example maybe?

Plus Tight Ends dont have to maintain peak athleticism as long as WRs and RBs, so they tend to last longer.  Age shouldnt be a factor for the duration of this contract.  Only question is can he do it again?  Either way, its a good bet by the FO and they can get out without too much damage it seems.  Well done.

Edited by 86 Snyder

3 minutes ago, dyst said:

Age definitely is important, so I understand some hesitancy with Logan but I’d rather have a 30 year old Logan Thomas than a 24 year old Jeremy Sprinkle.  Just saying.

I think age is less important in regards to Thomas. He barely played his first 4 years in the league. Only had 35 receptions in those 4 years. And he was a QB in college so he wasnt getting beat up there either. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I think age is less important in regards to Thomas. He barely played his first 4 years in the league. Only had 35 receptions in those 4 years. And he was a QB in college so he wasnt getting beat up there either. 

That would be the point I was going to make.  Not a lot of tread on the tires because he spent so much time as a QB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

That would be the point I was going to make.  Not a lot of tread on the tires because he spent so much time as a QB.

It is highly  likely that Thomas got more serious hits at VA Tech playing QB than he has as a TE for WFT. In three years he rushed 495 times for 1,332 yards, an average of under 3 yards per carry because almost all of his runs were up the middle out of the shotgun. If it was third and short, it was Thomas up the middle.

9 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

It is highly  likely that Thomas got more serious hits at VA Tech playing QB than he has as a TE for WFT. In three years he rushed 495 times for 1,332 yards, an average of under 3 yards per carry because almost all of his runs were up the middle out of the shotgun. If it was third and short, it was Thomas up the middle.

Still you’re getting hit by college players, not pro’s.  And I just saw a journalist on Washington Football Today make the sane point I did.

I knew that was coming with Samuel when he didn’t train at all and we haven’t seen anything from him. ****ing sucks. I hope it’s not serious and I hope he’s back quick. Really was excited about seeing him this season. 

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I knew that was coming with Samuel when he didn’t train at all and we haven’t seen anything from him. ****ing sucks. I hope it’s not serious and I hope he’s back quick. Really was excited about seeing him this season. 

From Keim:

"Wide receiver Curtis Samuel will open his first training camp with Washington on the physically unable to perform list. He missed minicamp because of the same groin injury, but it is not believed to be a big concern. Once he passes his physical he can be activated. "

Washington NFL News, Scores, Stats, Rumors & More - ESPN

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I would recommend the Washington football talk podcast from a month-ish back where they interview Thomas. He comes off as extremely intelligent and a guy that knows the game and works his ass off. And that showed last year. 

Clearly his coaches love him and in that glimpse through the interview it’s easy to see why. His total stats may drop a bit this year but it’s easy to see why they wanted him long term and I think it’s great value for the franchise. I’m really excited about him and Bates this year. Same goes for the whole offense. 

And that bit above from Scotty M definitely adds to my positivity about brown!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Went to the Kickoff 'rally' tonight in RVA. Pretty good crowd, comparable to the same event 2-3 years ago.

Smoot, Dexter, Ken Harvey & Hightower (ex-WFT & U of Richmond RB) were there. 

Hightower also works for the team now, in case you hadn’t seen. Seems like a good dude.