Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

53 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I think you are thinking of 2 or 3 years ago...I have a feeling that's not the way it is now. Don't live in the past.

We won 7 in 2020, 3 games in 2019 and 7 games in 2018. I’m pretty confident in saying, we haven’t shown anything yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

We won 7 in 2020, 3 games in 2019 and 7 games in 2018. I’m pretty confident in saying, we haven’t shown anything yet. 

He said "2 or 3 years ago"...that would be 2019 and 2018 lol...and he was speaking to your comment about not "cultivating talent that leads to sustained success". You didn't say that results in instant success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

He said "2 or 3 years ago"...that would be 2019 and 2018 lol...and he was speaking to your comment about not "cultivating talent that leads to sustained success". You didn't say that results in instant success.

My overall point was what has that talent that we are raving about netted us? Nothing as of yet. The wins haven’t come.  They may very well this year but so far we haven’t done anything.

Edited by dyst

35 minutes ago, dyst said:

My overall point was what has that talent that we are raving about netted us? Nothing as of yet. The wins haven’t come.  They may very well this year but so far we haven’t done anything.

My take was that his overall point was that we actually have been cultivating the type of talent that leads to sustained success...couldn't say that 3 years ago (or even 2 years ago) but it looks as if we are doing just that. If sustained success does indeed occur, I'm pretty sure that the talent the team has cultivated along the DLine will have played a significant role. That includes Ioannidis and Settle imo. Mclaurin, Roullier, Gibson on the offensive side, too...hell, throw Curl and Holcomb in as well.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My take was that his overall point was that we actually have been cultivating the type of talent that leads to sustained success...couldn't say that 3 years ago (or even 2 years ago) but it looks as if we are doing just that. If sustained success does indeed occur, I'm pretty sure that the talent the team has cultivated along the DLine will have played a significant role. That includes Ioannidis and Settle imo. Mclaurin, Roullier, Gibson on the offensive side, too...hell, throw Curl and Holcomb in as well.

In theory I agree . I’ve never been more excited for the homegrown talent we have. But I still haven’t seen it lead to wins. So that keeps me cautious for now.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dyst said:

In theory I agree . I’ve never been more excited for the homegrown talent we have. But I still haven’t seen it lead to wins. So that keeps me cautious for now.

Same here...last time I was genuinely optimistic was 2013 when I was convinced RG3 was just gonna keep getting better. Never again lol...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dyst said:

You're talking about letting high price players walk who are past their prime..I believe that was done this year with a few players...so yeah they've shown that Rivera will release players who don't fit their price tag.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Same here...last time I was genuinely optimistic was 2013 when I was convinced RG3 was just gonna keep getting better. Never again lol...

Rookie of the year QB and rookie RB who set franchise rushing record, lasted all but one year. That’s how quick this optimism can fade.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

Alabama.  😀. Yeah I recall you were with me on Fitz.

Yeah I was hyped on M. Fitzpatrick.   Speaking of Alabama.  Saban gushed over him, talked about him being one of the smartest players he's ever had, etc.  Saban is always nice publicly at least about all his Alabama players coming into the draft.  But if you go through his comments, its not hard to tell which players he thinks are more special among his guys hitting the NFL. 

I probably hyped Fitzpatrick more than Derwin James but I couldn't complain about anyone but Derwin James since that's the dude they skipped over.  Lol, I woke up my kid, sleeping in a nearby room, screaming at the TV when they took Payne.  It's not that I didn't like Payne.  I thought he was a good nose-run stopper and he fit a need for sure.  But I didn't think he was a special player.  Derwin I saw as special.  M. Fitzpatrick, too.

It came out later via Doug that there wasn't a consensus in the draft room about picking Payne.  It's not hard to piece together that it was Doug and Bruce wanting Payne.  Jay and Kyle Smith wanting a different player.  More say that player was T. Edmonds some think it was D James.   

I remember being pissed and thinking we passes on a future HOF guy in Derwin James and passing on a 20 year old can't miss prospect in Edmonds.  

If Derwin can't stay healthy this year we might be able to have him on the roster for next year and still have Big Payne holding it down.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

Sooo apologies if this isn’t the right thread, but trying to get camp passes for Friday and I am following the directions on the site and I don’t see anywhere to download the tickets. 😬 Has anyone been able to sign up and get their passes? 

Yes, I was able to sign up at the end of June for 2 tix for Thursday. My wife told me the other day she read that Friday & Saturday are sold out. They are limiting the number of attendees per day due to C19. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Dexter said:

I remember being pissed and thinking we passes on a future HOF guy in Derwin James and passing on a 20 year old can't miss prospect in Edmonds.  

If Derwin can't stay healthy this year we might be able to have him on the roster for next year and still have Big Payne holding it down.

If he can't stay healthy again, why would we want him on our roster?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

3 first rounders and 2 starting caliber players is still their demand.  For a player that might wind up banned from the NFL.  Nope, not risky at all.

Part of me hopes the Eagles will make that deal.  The other part of me is worried it would still somehow work out for them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m so ready for the training camp tweets that will be starting tomorrow! I need football news, it’s been a long 6 weeks without it 

I agree so long as its not, expected starter ( insert name here) tears a.c.l and m.c.l and will miss the entire season.

I love training camp news but always hold my breath while practice is occurring. 

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 3:35 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Can we stop with this narrative? Tampa picked up a workmanlike win against an inferior team. The transitive property isn’t very accurate. The Bucs could’ve beaten us by three TDs if they needed to.

Ah yes the old "we could beat them by more but we don't want to" approach to football.  Played on a lot of teams that did this and I'm sure that's how NFL teams approach games as well.

Noone is trading for Watson this year. Until his lawsuits are settled and the NFL dishes out their punishment; no team will risk trading for a player, who probably won't play in 21.

21 will effectively be his suspension.  He will need to settle his lawsuits by end of year and Houston trades him in 22. Rodgers will either play this year or retire but , will be traded in 22.

I do not think the reported Price for Watson rn will be what they get. Not even close. Given the uncertainty involved in trading for him without a resolution in site. JMO.. may be a steal if you pull the trigger now, because the team that does assumes all the risk and deals with the circus. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2