Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Finlay just slipped among the things he said about chasing Samuel.  it came off like it was something he knows but he didn't say it exactly like that.  So I don't know for sure.

But I'd say between that and Keim suggesting him as a target, I'd bet they are genuinely chasing him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Everyone seems to be praising Bill on these moves, even Schefter saying Pats basically skipped 2020 to get to 2021 off-season. But I guess we'll have to see how this plys out. Two top-end TEs while you are grooming two 3rd round picks? Seems ... desperate.

They need extra TEs in case one gets charged with murder. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not my top desire at WR.  I'd rather have Samuel.  I love Will Fuller but his injury history worries me.  Jones though would be a legit #2. 

He's a good player, but I want someone faster.  Not just to push the corners back and move the safety on his side of the field, but also as a dynamic catch and run option.  Fuller and Samuel bring low 4.3 speed to the table and Ross is even faster and more dynamic when healthy.  I don't think Marvin Jones can create space for others with his individual gravity like the fastest WRs can.

I would try and snag Ross for a bargain bin contract and see if I can get a discount on Will Fuller due to the PEDs suspension issue, and use the two of them to get a healthy season out of a highly threatening speed receiver.  Then if you get one of these rookie slots who is a burner like Rondale or Cade Johnson or Darden, you've got a track meet offense forming.  Create breathing room for the running backs and widen those nailbiting windows that Fitzpatrick likes to throw into just a little bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay just slipped among the things he said about them chasing Samuel.  it came off like it was something he knows but he didn't say it exactly like that.  So I don't know for sure.

But I'd say between that and Keim suggesting him as a target, I'd bet they are genuinely chasing him. 

Makes a lot of sense given they were supposedly trying to trade for him last year.  The hold up may be a money/contract thing.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's a good player, but I want someone faster.  Not just to push the corners back and move the safety on his side of the field, but also as a dynamic catch and run option.  Fuller and Samuel bring low 4.3 speed to the table and Ross is even faster and more dynamic when healthy.  I don't think Marvin Jones can create space for others with his individual gravity like the fastest WRs can.

I would try and snag Ross for a bargain bin contract and see if I can get a discount on Will Fuller due to the PEDs suspension issue, and use the two of them to get a healthy season out of a highly threatening speed receiver.  Then if you get one of these rookie slots who is a burner like Rondale or Cade Johnson or Darden, you've got a track meet offense forming.  Create breathing room for the running backs and widen those nailbiting windows that Fitzpatrick likes to throw into just a little bit.

Let me guess...big Ross fan coming out?  Let it go, he's as useless as Bryce Love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Im still optimistic that Logan Thomas will be our TE1.  He's still learning the position and I'd rather spend big at WR and get a 2nd tier guy to back him up then draft a replacement.  Sign me up for Delanie Walker as a cheap red zone target and leave the position alone until draft day.

How about Kyle Rudolph? Jesse James? Jared Cook? Jake Hollister? Richard Rodgers? Ross Dwelley? Dan Arnold? Jordan Reed? Gerald Everett?

28 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

They must have secretly hired Vinny to their FO!  LOL

Eh, I think they have a ways to go before they sink to that WR-TE-WR 2nd round that we had in the NFL Draft years ago.  All of whom turned out to be busts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

This worked out so well for all of the other teams on this list. Never thought I would see Bellicheat lose his mind like this. Brady proving he was the reason for Bills success is killing him. 

How are we not in the top 5?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patriots are doing well, they had a **** ton of cap space and are using it. That is what you are supposed to do, utilize both FA and the draft. 

BB knows double the sets better than anyone. Agholar, Edelman, Bourne, Henry, and Smith is a deep set of weapons

I wouldn’t be surprised if they signed Juju and draft o lineman after the first round.

remember they have Chung and Hightower coming back. They could be right back in the playoffs here