Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

33 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Jones wants to play in LA with Stafford... I'm not a huge fan of paying for guys, especially older guys, who truly want to be somewhere else. 

If he wants to play in LA he can do it.  So if he signs here or anywhere else, he choose it.  I don't find these comments offensive.  It wasn't about the Rams per se but playing for a SB.  

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/marvin-jones-on-the-radio

Ex-Cal WR Marvin Jones Wants to Sign With a Super Bowl Contender

JAKE CURTIS
FEB 20, 2021

Comments made this week by former Cal standout Marvin Jones Jr. indicate he would like to play for a Super Bowl contender, which makes earlier reports that the Detroit Lions' free-agent wide receiver would consider joining the Los Angeles Rams more credible.

Jones said during a Thursday interview on SiriusXM NFL radio that “nothing’s off the table” regarding his choice of teams for the 2021 season, but he also noted that his desire to play for a Super Bowl contender will be part of his decision.

“At this point in my career, that’s what I want,” Jones said. “That is what I want, but at the same time, it’s not going to be . . . I’m not going to just straight sacrifice and not get what I’m worth just because I’ve put in my work to get where I’m at and it happened the first time and I did it, and I think I outplayed it the second time.”

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's not slow.  4.46 40 time.  He's been a pretty good deep threat.   

He no longer runs a 4.46 at his age, that was ten years ago. But I get what you’re saying. He’s certainly a savvy deep threat playing with Stafford and that monster arm all these years, he’s just not what I’d call a “speed” addition that scares defenses, not like Samuel or especially Fuller. Deep threat and deadly speed aren’t always synonymous, there are many ways to get open deep, and not all fast guys are actually good deep threats either. There’s a distinction for me.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He no longer runs a 4.46 at his age, that was ten years ago. But I get what you’re saying. He’s certainly a savvy deep threat playing with Stafford and that monster arm all these years, he’s just not what I’d call a “speed” addition that scares defenses, not like Samuel or especially Fuller. 

I used to run track, i didn't lose much speed when I hit 31.  I know everyone is different. But I'd guess he's still close to his 4.46.

In his career, he's been one of the better deep threats.  He seemed to destroy K. Fuller in the matchup against us this year.  Almost 1000 yards this year, about 13 YPA, 9 TDS.  About 65% catch percentage.   

He's not my top desire at WR.  I'd rather have Samuel.  I love Will Fuller but his injury history worries me.  Jones though would be a legit #2. 

I like Golladay the best but guessing he's out of our price range. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Jones would be a terrible signing.  He's 31 and was injured much off and on last year.  Hard pass on him.

Injured?  He played 16 games and had big time stats.  If injuries plagued him last year it would get me jazzed for him because that's quite a season for a dude if he was banged up all season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Injured?  He played 16 games and had big time stats.  If injuries plagued him last year it would get me jazzed for him because that's quite a season for a dude if he was banged up all season. 

Marvin's always been underrated IMO and has some of the best hands in the business. I'm with you in him being a solid signing because he absolutely would.

Seems like Golladay is holding the party up. Probably expected to set the contract ceiling for these free agents but they can’t get a deal closed out. Hopefully that means the WR price is lower than expected. Even if that’s just marginal.

I am not the Marvin Jones guy on the thread, can't recall who was arguing for him the other day.    There are 4 receivers left I'd take over him:  Golladay, Fuller, Samuel, Schuster.  He'd be #5 though for me.  I think some of you guys IMO underestimate him.   He'd be a real #2. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Seems like Golladay is holding the party up. Probably expected to set the contract ceiling for these free agents but they can’t get a deal closed out. Hopefully that means the WR price is lower than expected. Even if that’s just marginal.

If he can be had at the 15 million range, I'd be in.  His health is my concern.  Ditto with Will Fuller.  though I'd trust Golladay over Fuller health wise.

Samuel to me would be the best bet if he's in the 10 million range.  Golladay though strikes me as a nice fit for Fitzpatrick's style. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.07.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 8.08.10 AM.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Bill really got rattled huh? How about that

That's coming off a 7-9 season given that team's circumstances last year.

I'd love THAT to be the kind of 'floor' this franchise aspires to. Great on Bill..... play to win brother.

• Like 2