Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Some argue that Fitz hit his peak at age 37.

Maybe he picked up some "age-less" help from Brady, since he seemed to 'up his game', as soon as he ended up playing near proximity to Brady ?

Or maybe it's the state of Florida itself, since both QB's got a boost in their playing, as soon as they moved there.

Something about the FL sun ?

Some of our greatest players came from Florida ; Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Jordan Reed, Clinton Portis, etc

So maybe I'm onto something, and we need to recruit from there.

Move the new stadium to Virginia Beach? For the beach vibes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love this because its a 1 year contract and also let's us see if Heinicke or Allen have what it takes. We aren't married to him beyond this year. 

This is the best defense Fitzpatrick has ever had and if we get another weapon this might be one of the best offensive groups he's had. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy enough with Fitz. Should be entertaining as well. This must help in bringing a receiver in too.

To think we cut Alex Smith then went older at the position...:ols:

Also not sad to see Darby leave, very 50/50 on that. Plenty of DBs to look through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Would be an awesome story for him to get his first playoff appearance and win, after such a long career, in the B&G..His leadership could be big for this young team..

Man, securing 1 of Henry/Everett coupled w/ something like Golladay/Samuels at WR would be really exciting. 

• Like 2

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Would be an awesome story for him to get his first playoff appearance and win, after such a long career, in the B&G..His leadership could be big for this young team..

Man, securing 1 of Henry/Everett coupled w/ something like Golladay/Samuels at WR would be really exciting. 

So you’re saying Taylor Heinicke has more playoff experience than Fitzpatrick?  Lets Go Yes GIF by Bubble Punk

• Haha 4

I really want JuJu, said yesterday I’d take Fitz and him. 

Also think we may go after Harris at safety, put money there instead of paying Darby. Get a cheaper corner, or draft one, and dump Collins eventually.

Scherff, let’s extend him now. The parameters of a deal are clear after Thurney getting his deal. Bit of a change, but I wonder if Trent would ever be considered as a target for us....

I also wonder if our interest in Mariota is dead. If he was cut, well you’d assume so with Fitz being acquired.

Might still be wild.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I really want JuJu, said yesterday I’d take Fitz and him. 

Also think we may go after Harris at safety, put money there instead of paying Darby. Get a cheaper corner, or draft one, and dump Collins eventually.

Spot on, Fitz, Juju, Harris and a cheap corner

Tackle and MLB in the draft or a trade for Moseley and that’s a big upgrade on what we had last season

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

If we can get an injury/suspension discount or a short term but not top market cost I’d do it in a heart beat. 

You can sort of..it's all in the contract language and structure.  He's probably not going to sign right away because nobody's going to give him the contract he wants.  Next phase would be a 1-year deal with incentives or discounted multi-year deal because teams don't like both of his problems. 

• Like 1

JuJu - 58 regular season games, 308 receptions for 3,726 yards. 26 TDs, first down catch rate % at 58%.

Maturity issues, yes. Still only 24. Clearly quite extrovert with some levelling off to do. I mean, I just think Fitz would have a great influence. These guys are going to be so focused, yet with the balance of having one hell of a time. Get it done.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Just saw we lost KPL for peanuts.  Bummer.  At 4 aav, he would've made sense for us even as a backup, we are so thin at lb.   Starting from scratch at lb essentially.  And a gaping hole at cb.

personally I’m glad we didn’t keep KPL on that level on money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Really strange that all those receivers are still available. Even Henry at TE, he must be trying to get 4/50 like Smith, and failing....

Id hazard a guess that many are looking for the one year deals but teams aren’t biting on it and so they shouldn’t, you can’t build a franchise putting players in shop windows a season at a time

Just now, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Id hazard a guess that many are looking for the one year deals but teams aren’t biting on it and so they shouldn’t, you can’t build a franchise putting players in shop windows a season at a time

only just realised Corey Davis went to the Jets. Still hopeful we can get a playmaker in today. 

I'm fine with Fitzmagic. What I really like is not losing the draft picks. Though they're different players, this reminds me of the move to get Alex Smith or Mark Brunnel minus the third rounder. Maybe even McNabb minus the second rounder. Granted that Fitz has a worse pedigree, but he has started a ton of games and can play in the league. At ten million, you can even let him get beat out by Taylor if he shocks the world.

I get the move.

I also understand that the Front Office has said that they might be done at QB and will be reluctant to cut Hienicke or Allen. That's what they should say. You don't talk down your players. Both, especially Allen are extremely cuttable if the right player comes along. Heck, Allen could even be PUPed right now.

• Like 2

I don't hate this move in the last four years Fitz is 57-36 TD/I. With a passing rating of 91 and his completion rating has been hovering in the low to mid 60%. I think he's definitely somehow peaked in the last few years and he's not afraid to push the ball downfield and he's not been blessed with a strong offense in Miami. Last year he had an below average OL with 4 rookies along the line, 2 Undrafted rookie RB's and a bunch of WR's who were unable to separate and still got it done and would have got Miami to the playoffs if he played all the game and I remember a lot of Miami fans were unhappy with the move when Tua was moved to starter. 

Edited by Owls0325