Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Now that Kwon Alexander is officially a free agent ... my LBs of preference/choice in order

MLB: Kwon Alexander, Anthony Walker, Denzell Perryman

OLB: Kyle Van Noy, Jayon Brown, Eric Wilson, Nicholas Morrow

Alexander coming off an achilles and an ACL before that. I would pass. 

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

TE's coming off the board.

Keim mentioned that we have interest in Gerald Everett formerly from the Rams.  He also said Everett fits the scheme.  Hopefully we land him if not the draft will get us one.  :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As far as WR...I don't get the obsession with having to have a 4.3 guy. We have a 4.3 guy in Terry. Would it be cool to have another? Absolutely. But I don't see it as a necessity for a #2 receiver. I'd be ok with Samuel or Jones. Samuel is faster and younger, but will cost more and hasn't been as productive as Jones (though some of that could be QB play). If I had to choose between breaking the bank for Samuel and getting Jones for something more modest and then having more space to add other pieces, I'd probably take Jones and the additional pieces.

I'd love Samuel and I'd take him over Jones.  But Jones would be no small get.  He's a consistent professional WR, who can make big plays.   Heck Kendall Fuller seemed lost trying to cover him in the matchup against us. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Trade for moseley. Get it done we need the mlb help. Sign ty hilton juju or Samuel. Anthony Harris and Gerald everett and be happy

He is not a great fit for this scheme 

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Now that Kwon Alexander is officially a free agent ... my LBs of preference/choice in order

MLB: Kwon Alexander, Anthony Walker, Denzell Perryman

OLB: Kyle Van Noy, Jayon Brown, Eric Wilson, Nicholas Morrow

Kwon is a WLB in this scheme 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Keim mentioned that we have interest in Gerald Everett formerly from the Rams.  He also said Everett fits the scheme.  Hopefully we land him if not the draft will get us one.  :)

I could also see us looking to the draft for one 🙂

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I could also see us looking to the draft for one 🙂

Absolutely HigSkin.  Your saying sign a TE (Everett) and draft one also?  You bet.  Turner's O calls for multiple TE formations and uses.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love Samuel and I'd take him over Jones.  But Jones would be no small get.  He's a consistent professional WR, who can make big plays.   Heck Kendall Fuller seemed lost trying to cover him in the matchup against us. 

Yeah all things being equal I'd take Samuel as well. But another thing about Jones is that he's an outstanding contested catch guy. With Fitz as our QB I think that skill will be important because we all know he's not afraid to let it fly. We'd then have two of the better contested catch WRs in the NFL + Fitz. Just sucks that he's 31 and probably only has a couple years left in the tank.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Kwon is a WLB in this scheme 

10-4. Current depth chart:

WLB: Josh Harvey-Clemons, Khaleke Hudson

MLB: Jon Bostic

SLB: Cole Holcomb

Some work to do there, for sure. But I do like the "depth" so ... probably just need some a starter at MLB and WLB and call it an off-season (Whether in FA or Draft)

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

They had their birthday party already (Dak).  They are broke.

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Some work to do there, for sure. But I do like the "depth" so ... probably just need some a starter at MLB and WLB and call it an off-season (Whether in FA or Draft)

Hoping for Jayon Brown.  Would be an excellent signing for our MLB core.  Great in coverage and young.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I think we need to be focused on the two interior LBs in the 4-2 vs. getting 4-3 personnel guys. Two interior guys who play downhill but have some speed and can get to zones and at least challenge tight ends man to man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Was sad to see KPL go. 

Bostic needs to be on the bench for a high value replacement either FA or draft. 

bring back Kendricks and let him compete for a spot. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Absolutely HigSkin.  Your saying sign a TE (Everett) and draft one also?  You bet.  Turner's O calls for multiple TE formations and uses.

Saying if they aren't able to get one in FA then go to the draft.  I do like Everett a lot but I could see Matt Stafford be a cause for him to reconsider signing with Rams.  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think we need to be focused on the two interior LBs in the 4-2 vs. getting 4-3 personnel guys. Two interior guys who play downhill but have some speed and can get to zones and at least challenge tight ends man to man. 

Absolutely. Why I think Collins would be great 

Not saying Fitzpatrick brings FA but part of the reason why I said if any of the options available could sell a FA or at least make us look OK  -- Fitzpatrick is that dude is because he's a WR friendly QB.  Keim has mentioned some agents won't encourage a WR to go to a place with a bad QB situation not just because of winning/losing but also because some kill their stats and in turn hurt their possibility to make more in future contracts.  Fitzpatrick is no WR killer.  He's Wr friendly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Saying if they aren't able to get one in FA then go to the draft.  I do like Everett a lot but I could see Matt Stafford be a cause for him to reconsider signing with Rams.  🙂

He could but there was a tweet where he said he didn't expect to be back in LA.  Guess we wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Was sad to see KPL go. 

Bostic needs to be on the bench for a high value replacement either FA or draft. 

bring back Kendricks and let him compete for a spot. 

Isn't Kendricks supposed to serve jail time?