Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

18 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Some in the media just won't let the Darnold thing die.

Sure, Washington is going to pay Fitzpatrick $10 million guaranteed, but then turn around and trade for Darnold (in the last year of his deal) and then just not play one of them for funsies. While we're at, why not get Trubisky and Mariota. Have six QBs!

I see it happening but not until after the draft. 

If Jets take QB Darnold’s cost drops. If WFT doesn’t get a QB they may want a young one. 

Get Darnold for little and sign to extension. Let Fitzmagic start while Darnold learns for a year. 

It’s actually a perfect scenario IMO 

Competing reports.  Jones covers the Jets, too.   Hughes report was weird -- in the mix was they are less likely to do it now and suggested we are willing to give up less than others.  so in short, if the Jets are willing to give Darnold to us for less trade compensation than they'd get from other teams, then we are in play?

26 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Some in the media just won't let the Darnold thing die.

Sure, Washington is going to pay Fitzpatrick $10 million guaranteed, but then turn around and trade for Darnold (in the last year of his deal) and then just not play one of them for funsies. While we're at, why not get Trubisky and Mariota. Have six QBs!

Yeah I didn't even think of the last year part.  So he sits and watches Fitzpatrick and they take on the 5th year and just bet on he deserves to be a 20 million dollar plus QB without seeing him in live action?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Morrow is one of my guys, go get him. 

Morrow is a WILL. I'd be ok with him on a reasonable deal but wouldn't overpay. If he gets a chance, I think Hudson can surprise a lot of people this year. Also interested to see whether the team moves Collins there

12 minutes ago, carex said:

CB seems to be one of the positions that people released to clear cap space.  I wouldn't mind picking up one of them to give us a shot at comp picks

Ehh I think we are going to end up signing enough bargain FAs to negate any comp picks. Fitz will offset Darby and it takes one player signing for $3M-$4M to offset KPL

1 minute ago, method man said:

Morrow is a WILL. I'd be ok with him on a reasonable deal but wouldn't overpay. If he gets a chance, I think Hudson can surprise a lot of people this year. Also interested to see whether the team moves Collins there

I know he's a WILL.  I've talked about him previously on this thread.  They need a WILL and a MLB.  As far as overpaying, i don't think anyone here is in favor of overpaying for anyone.  From what reporters have said Collins will unlikely be moved to LB.

I don't want to go into the draft needing two linebackers. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think we need to be focused on the two interior LBs in the 4-2 vs. getting 4-3 personnel guys. Two interior guys who play downhill but have some speed and can get to zones and at least challenge tight ends man to man. 

Seems like we played way more snaps with two LBs under JDR than years past.  If that continues to be the case, how many LBs do you really need to carry?  Can you get by with only five and gain an extra roster spot elsewhere?  Also, we had so few snaps at CB outside our top 3. Moreau had some, but after that I can’t think of much more.  Ideally, could you have a defense with 9DL, 5LB, and 10DBs with an extra spot on offense?

26 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Then Winston signed for backup money. Hill is getting 12 million.

We should have made an offer, Fitzpatrick money and we have a young starter for cheap.

Pretty much. If you offered Winston $10+ million guaranteed, he likely would have signed here. The problem is no one values him that high. Maybe teams should, but no one does.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I didn't even think of the last year part.  So he sits and watches Fitzpatrick and they take on the 5th year and just bet on he deserves to be a 20 million dollar plus QB without seeing him in live action?

No one is taking on Darnold's 5th year. If Fitzpatrick is only get $10 million guaranteed and Winston and Mariota are getting $5-$7 million, Darnold's not getting $22 million guaranteed. There's little reason to trade for Darnold without playing him, but if someone did do the trade, they'd likely decline the 5th year and use the transition/franchise tag as a failsafe if Darnold somehow balls out.

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

That's good news!!

Yep it brings me back to Garafalo's comment about maybe a 1 year contract for Shuster if he doesn't get what he wants.

Judging by reports its us, Miami, Giants especially hot for a WR.  Jets and NE supposedly too but I am gathering they are done?  Supposedly Jax also likes Samuel. 

• Like 1