Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

1 FA, 1 draft.

Steven Sims, Cam Sims, AGG, Harmon battle it out for spots 4-6.

If we pick a bigger name FA up, I wouldn’t be adverse to sounding out what perhaps some of the cheaper FA’s are after a TY Hilton as an example give Fitz as many weapons as possible

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Huh? Are you being purposely misleading to make your point? Both those teams are a month away from drafting hyped, high quality rookie QB’s at #1 and #2 overall. That’s not a coincidence. 

This equates to the worst situation for a skill guy. Is your argument a rookie QB is a good situation for a WR? Makes zero sense to me. The bust rate of those guys for one and even for the ones that excel, the expectation is it will take them a year or two to be a “pro”/average to above.

Those are money grab situations and a strong promise you will be featured in the offense while we try to groom our young QB. 

Edited by wit33

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

How are we not in the top 5?

I was thinking that too.. But there has been a big shift in guaranteed money over the last few years. We gave out huge contracts but not as much was guaranteed back in the day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins199021 said:

Patriots are doing well, they had a **** ton of cap space and are using it. That is what you are supposed to do, utilize both FA and the draft. 

I think it's also useful to keep an eye to the future. we don't want to sign a bunch of mid range free agents and use up our cap thus resulting in not being able to re-sign Allen, McClaurin, Sweat, etc. The best thing about Washington's current roster is almost all its good talent are on rookie contracts. That poses a risk down the line if they all come due at the same time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This worked out so well for all of the other teams on this list. Never thought I would see Bellicheat lose his mind like this. Brady proving he was the reason for Bills success is killing him. 

How are we NOT top 5?

This is mind-blowing!

33 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Let me guess...big Ross fan coming out?  Let it go, he's as useless as Bryce Love.

I didn't really watch him in college.  But he is a vet min target with low 4.2 speed.  I would rather take a chance on a reclamation project like him than pay through the nose for a good but not great free agent WR like Marvin Jones or Curtis Samuel.

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

How are we NOT top 5?

This is mind-blowing!

When Washington did it the cap was much lower, so money was lower. The more appropriate way would be to share cap percentage allocated to free agents in an off season. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1

Yeah I think Bill B is going nuts now that it's pretty clear that Tom Brady made him, not the other way around. Cam still sucks as a passer and he's still their QB. IMO they're flailing. Adding a bunch of pass catchers isn't going to suddenly make Cam an accurate QB.

As far as WR...I don't get the obsession with having to have a 4.3 guy. We have a 4.3 guy in Terry. Would it be cool to have another? Absolutely. But I don't see it as a necessity for a #2 receiver. I'd be ok with Samuel or Jones. Samuel is faster and younger, but will cost more and hasn't been as productive as Jones (though some of that could be QB play). If I had to choose between breaking the bank for Samuel and getting Jones for something more modest and then having more space to add other pieces, I'd probably take Jones and the additional pieces.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I didn't really watch him in college.  But he is a vet min target with low 4.2 speed.  I would rather take a chance on a reclamation project like him than pay through the nose for a good but not great free agent WR like Marvin Jones or Curtis Samuel.

I'd be ok with Ross at vet min. He's a top 10 bust who really just isn't that great of a receiver and can't stay healthy so I'd pass on anything more. All he has is speed, but that's useless if he's not actually good at the position and can't stay on the field.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

With a YOLO QB we need a guy that can go up and get anything contested.  Jones is pretty good at that and may be had on a cheaper deal.  I'll just be excited to get anyone to improve that position.  I might actually be more excited to see a LB though.  Heck I dunno.  Give me anything this day is dragging lol

• Like 1

Remember when we were the ones splurging on free agency? That is a sign of desperation. There is no way New England are picking them because of their spirit.
Ron found spirit in Logan Thomas, Taylor Heineke, and brought back Kendall Fuller.
Heck, look who they just signed? Fitzmagic! Does anybody know what WR, CB, LB, and S have that same kind of spirit?

4 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:
Remember when we were the ones splurging on free agency? That is a sign of desperation. There is no way New England are picking them because of their spirit.
Ron found spirit in Logan Thomas, Taylor Heineke, and brought back Kendall Fuller.
Heck, look who they just signed? Fitzmagic! Does anybody know what WR, CB, LB, and S have that same kind of spirit?

CJ Mosley has that kind of spirit 😇...........Dont know what it would take, but I would go ape **** if we were able to trade for him. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Bummer

Anyone notice the "leaking news" has been completely shutdown since Kyle Smith left?  Coincidence, not sure but something to note.

Not to mention the group of skeevy FO types they got rid of...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Samuel, Harris, CJ Mosley, affordable CB*2, long term deal for Scherff. 

Not sure what I'd be willing to give up for Mosely. He was great with the Ravens but he's now played in 2 games over the past 2 seasons. I'd be wary about giving up a high pick and picking up that contract without seeing if Mosely was still productive after leaving Baltimore.

• Like 1