Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

Diane Russini has been wrong so many times and her constant claiming of "I talked to a source" or "I talked to a WR" is your basic bad insider rhetoric. I don't believe anything she says and personally, I think the lady is full of bologna.

If you're referring to the only quote by Russini on this page, it actually was confirmed by Keim in that same twitter thread.

If Keim vouches for someone, it means something

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

Diane Russini has been wrong so many times and her constant claiming of "I talked to a source" or "I talked to a WR" is your basic bad insider rhetoric. I don't believe anything she says and personally, I think the lady is full of bologna.

I think you're thinking of Josina Anderson. Dianna usually has good info from what I recall. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer just on, he said he heard that Fitzpatrick was a key target after they missed out on Stafford.  They see themselves as a contender now.   If you give up capital for Darnld or Wentz or players like that you are squandering trade capital for bigger potential targets including trading up in the draft.    They can win now.  Thus buys them time to find someone special that they swing hard on if an opportunity arises.   If they fall hard for a QB they can go get him still.   He said similar to how KC bought time with Alex who they liked until they found a guy they loved. 

More or less he said they are willing to take a big swing but won't force it on a guy they don't love.  This gives them flexibility to do it without panic. 

Sounds like they haven't settled on a long term plan yet and are keeping options open.  One is adding talent ASAP, which we aren't doing, otherwise we'd go slightly above market value to land a good WR.  In that vein is also not trading any of the draft picks for future capital, as that pushes the talent addition into 2022 instead of 2021.

Keeping options open is nice, but we're also a little stuck.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They feel they are a LB and a DB from having an elite defense.  If they can just make their offense average -- then they are in business.

An LB, and 2 DB's (CB and FS).  The defense is close, but it's hard to make the leap from above average to elite.  Need to fix some weaknesses, otherwise quality offenses just exploit them over and over.

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I listened to it as well. Breer is really high on this defense. And he likes Fitz a lot as well. Called him a good QB. I always like hearing national media guys takes on our teams. Gives you an idea what the vibe is around the country on Washington football. And it sounds to me like everyone knows we will not be an easy out on any week. 

Thinking about what he said.

in sum, they are willing to shoot hard for any QB they love including in the upcoming draft and everything is on the table on that front but this gives them time not to force it where they'd go after someone they don't love. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I listened to it as well. Breer is really high on this defense. And he likes Fitz a lot as well. Called him a good QB. I always like hearing national media guys takes on our teams. Gives you an idea what the vibe is around the country on Washington football. And it sounds to me like everyone knows we will not be an easy out on any week. 

It was funny that Grant & Danny had to listen to both Orlovsky (granted they invited him and knew his position) and Breer both who touted the move.

Not that it matters what the media thinks.  Sheehan and Russell likes it.  Junkies seem to like it too.  Grant and Danny both dont like it.  Grant and Danny's position to me is a bit off.  They feel more or less that Fitzpatrick helps them win too many games to preclude them to draft a QB next year.  The short term hurts the long term.   Also trade up the moon if need be to move up in the draft to thjem is the better way to go -- we did it for RG3 but should be willing to do it again. 

My thoughts on that is sorry even if Kyle Allen was the Qb they weren't going to go 3-13 in all likelihood where they are securing the top pick or even a top 5 pick.  At the moment its looking like a meh draft for QBs.  And if we are trading the moon for Zach Wilson or whomever and it fails -- can we afford another run like the mid 2010s with no first rounders for a stretch?   Again if they love a dude and are willing to give up crazy draft capital, OK, but how do we know if they love a player to that extent?  If I am trading mega draft capital I better love that dude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I know he was disappointing in Cincy, but John Ross could potentially be a problem for us, against NY.

Especially since we just lost our fastest starting DB

Right now Bob Ross would be a problem for our corners.

• Haha 9

Listening to Breer, I'll double down on the impression I had last night based on the other scuttlebutt I listented to up to now.  

If its shooting for a young QB, I think its likely all or nothing this year.  It will unlikely be for some flier in the later rounds like Trask unless they think that dude is a stud and the NFL is misreading their talent.  It would be more something like they fall hard for Fields or Lance or whomever and think they can trade up without giving up the farm. 

My guess would be they don't take a QB in this draft but trade back some and build 2022 draft capital.  But there is time.  Will see.  

• Like 4