Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dalton to the Bears. Interesting move. 

There goes Mariota's last real starting job. He can still get released and still sign somewhere to "compete". But unless Dalton's contract is light on guarantees, it seems no one will offer him much guaranteed money. Vegas definitely didn't do him any favors holding on to him this long. Not sure what their plan is. Do they really want to keep Mariota? No one's trading for that contract now. Maybe force Mariota to renegotiate by waiting out all other options? I'd think Chicago, Denver, and New England would at least give him a look as a solid back-up with potential for more. 

Tyrod must have a lot of incentives on that deal, since it says up to 12.5 mil.

I like TT, I think he has had a lot of bad luck, but has been solid when he plays. Also thought he would be a good fit for turner and a good fit on a team that's led by the defense.    

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Tyrod and Dalton for as much as Fitz???  We absolutely crushed that move.

Taylor's likely getting a lot less than report. The "worth up to" is often pretty misleading. Would require Taylor starting for one.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

While it's a tad unsettling that we haven't been active this far, I personally feel pretty good with the fact that this has shades of last year. And hell, that turned out pretty good. 

Not to mention. Most of my FA wants are still available. Aside from Junno Smith, everyone else still in play.

Just now, HigSkin said:

An announcement should be coming soon for WFT, don't you think?                                                               

Hope so!  :)

• Like 1

Jets, Pats, and Jags all settling for non-Golladay/Samuel/JuJu WRs despite all their cap room is great news for us. I feel really good about our chances to snag one of them now that they priced themselves out of the market with teams that had more cap, and those teams moved on to secondary targets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Taylor's likely getting a lot less than report. The "worth up to" is often pretty misleading. Would require Taylor starting for one.

I'm sure, just saying.  

Also, Marvin signing with Jax makes me think they are out on the other WRs.  They have Chark and Shenault and like them both a lot.  No room for a Golladay/Samuels type now.

We're on deck boys!

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jets, Pats, and Jags all settling for non-Golladay/Samuel/JuJu WRs despite all their cap room is great news for us. I feel really good about our chances to snag one of them now that they priced themselves out of the market with teams that had more cap, and those teams moved on to secondary targets. 

Jinx lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Well NE and Jax were linked heavily with Samuel, so perhaps we are in with a strong shout of getting him. Hopefully the yearly average would end up closer to 10mil than 15mil though :ols:

I hope he breaks the bank. Cap number is all that matters and as we have seen, it can be easily manipulated every year with restructures and what not. I hope every player gets the MAX they can. 

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

An announcement should be coming soon for WFT, don't you think?                                                               

Got no idea.  Seems clear that they are in on Samuel but I presume there is a Plan B.  Keim seemed to allude Jones was plan b so maybe that suggests they are feeling good about the Samuel negotiation?  I wonder what their Plan B would be now?

@TheShredder  Exactly what are you confused abotu? The league dates? Those are actual. With the lower CAP numbers there are a lot of very good players expected to be cap casualties.

Or are you not sure how the franchise tag works. Once the tag is placed, the team and player have until the summer to finalize a deal - when most tagged players who get a LTD sign. There are some who sign earlier, but most players it goes down to the wire. There is still free agency to go through. They may want to spend more money on them now and structure Brandon's contract differently than if they don't end spending a lot on FA. Then they could structure his contract to be more front loaded. Why eliminate your options? 

Fans are very impatient - which is fine. But that doesn't make what the team is doing wrong. They are being patient and calculated. They are taking advantage of all the pertinent dates. We spent 20 yrs winning the off season. I am very happy to see some restraint. It will be better long term. 

• Like 1