Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, TK said:

There's a bidding war for him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats or Packers land him.

The Pats? Wow, I can't believe they could fit him on their roster now

thank you

Edited by DWinzit
fit not it

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

And Cam quit on his routes and had too familiar drops.  He's not a #2 WR.

As part of a multi-year effort to improve at the position, I would accept him as the #4 this season if it’s still necessary, at the absolute most. But an outside and slot upgrade (between FA and the draft’s top three rounds) are necessary now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

The Pats? Wow, I can't believe they could it him on their roster now

thank you

Even with Cam & a down year, NE is still a desirable place to go play. Especially on a 1 year deal.

Expect a LOT of 1 year rental deals due to the cap going down this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Steven Sims regressed last year, he didn’t show any growth at all. Got noticeably worse to my eye, and it wasn’t just the drops. He’ll have his moments with enough targets (which he shouldn’t get), but he’s barely an NFL player. 

You know, Nelson Agholar was so bad in Philly that they had no choice but to let him walk....couldn't catch a thing including some horrible drops. He just had a big day yesterday. I agree that Sims Jr. as a punt returner was terrible but I still think he has a chance to be a good slot WR. I hear what you're saying but I've learned to not give up on guys too quickly, especially guys with speed to burn. He did make a really nice TD grab in the playoff game that I'm sure will help his confidence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You know, Nelson Agholar was so bad in Philly that they had no choice but to let him walk....couldn't catch a thing including some horrible drops. He just had a big day yesterday. I agree that Sims Jr. as a punt returner was terrible but I still think he has a chance to be a good slot WR. I hear what you're saying but I've learned to not give up on guys too quickly, especially guys with speed to burn. He did make a really nice TD grab in the playoff game that I'm sure will help his confidence. 

Agholor had pedigree all along, Sims is an UDFA who would beat all the odds to play more than another year in the league (and I think he will, as depth, to be fair—he’s not utter trash or anything, but he’s a borderline player in the league), never mind actually be good. He isn’t fast so much as shifty, and he’s tiny with baby hands. There’s just no ceiling there at all even when he’s serviceable, which he wasn’t for most of last year. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Not yet he's not, I agree with you there. But Cam made strides last year...had some nice games with Terry ailing.

It was like he was the last man standing with Terry ailing. He is a 3 really. The WR's were just so dang weak last year and need at least 2 upgrades infused with what they had, a #2 and a slot.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Not yet he's not, I agree with you there. But Cam made strides last year...had some nice games with Terry ailing.

I was just going to say that and I think his size matters with Fitz throwing 50/50 balls.  He' needs to play like he's being paid millions on every route.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Agholor had pedigree all along, Sims is an UDFA who would beat all the odds to play more than another year in the league (and I think he will, as depth, to be fair—he’s not utter trash or anything, but he’s a borderline player in the league), never mind actually be good. He isn’t fast so much as shifty, and he’s tiny with baby hands. There’s just no ceiling there at all even when he’s serviceable, which he wasn’t for most of last year. 

About Cam Sims.....he has survived two different, veteran coaching staffs to make the roster and get playing time. They must see something in him. I know he is capable of making the spectacular grab as much as he's capable of making the easy drop. He also seems to get open when he plays. He was also good enough to play at Alabama so that says something too. All I'm saying is that he be given some time to realize whatever potential two different pro staffs have seen in him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

About Cam Sims.....he has survived two different, veteran coaching staffs to make the roster and get playing time. They must see something in him. I know he is capable of making the spectacular grab as much as he's capable of making the easy drop. He also seems to get open when he plays. He was also good enough to play at Alabama so that says something too. All I'm saying is that he be given some time to realize whatever potential two different pro staffs have seen in him. 

My post was about Steven Sims. Cam can stay as a #4 guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully, we come away with one of the 3 as spoken about again on a 2/3 year deal ( I understand that TK said that players are looking for a 1 year deal) but one can hope.  Those being:  Samuels, JuJu or Golladay.  Hopefully, TE (Everett) is one we sign as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheShredder said:
5 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Gotta be about the money for Henry and Smith to both go to the Pat's unless they want to share. Seems wierd.

NE likes tight ends.  {mic drop}

Actually when Cam was at his best it was with very big targets.  He's not very accurate and he benefits from having receivers with a wide catch radius.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Hopefully, we come away with one of the 3 as spoken about again on a 2/3 year deal ( I understand that TK said that players are looking for a 1 year deal) but one can hope.  Those being:  Samuels, JuJu or Golladay.  Hopefully, TE (Everett) is one we sign as well.  

Everett and one of those guys would be awesome. So would a DBack!

If the rumors were true the are talking with Morrow, that would be a good signing also. Raiders wanted him back so I assume he left them with a number others would need to reach to get him.

• Like 1