Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not feeling it on news tonight. May unplug a bit. Of course I said that last night and we signed Fitzpatrick like 10 minutes later and I missed it until morning 🤞

Thanks for unplugging then! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I mean, there’s a reason teams want him.  Ideally, I’d rather have someone competent on the outside opposite Terry, which isn’t Samuels game.  But he is a weapon.

Fuller has had 4 straight seasons where he’s played under 11 games.  What are the signs that he can play a full season?  We know he’s already not playing 16 in 2021 and facing a lengthy suspension if he can’t get off the PEDs.

I'm not trying to advocate to sign Fuller but I would take his 11 games of big plays then overpaying a gadget JAG . This is the first season that Fuller was suspended for PEDs the other seasons he was injured . 

In fairness Golladay did take some shots at the team last year. He also missed a ton of games for an injury the team thought would cost him 3 games. That isnt a great look when you are thinking of giving a guy 80 million dollars. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020/12/18/22188806/lions-shoot-down-theory-kenny-golladay-is-purposely-sitting-out-hes-not

13 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

There were rumors on Twitter that he bagged it and was milking the injury.  Not sure how I feel about it if true, to be honest.  On the one hand, I don't blame him, but obviously not the type of makeup you want in a guy you're handing that much money to.

Yeah, it gives me pause especially with a lot of money on the line.  I get the Patricia angle, but I imagine Joe Judge can read the source and make an informed decision.  I do worry that there could be something more nefarious under the surface.  

3 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I'm not trying to advocate to sign Fuller but I would take his 11 games of big plays then overpaying a gadget JAG . This is the first season that Fuller was suspended for PEDs the other seasons he was injured . 

Calling Samuels a JAG over and over is not going to speak it into reality but hey, do your thing.

• Like 2

For those who have more time and/or more knowledge.  They keep saying Fitz hasn’t been to the playoffs.  I know he signed with a torn down Miami team.  Has he ever had a solid defense on the other side?  Ever had a solid oline and weapons?  I like the pickup, just curious how excited I should get.  Haha

I haven't heard much mention of Eric Wilson the linebacker from the vikings.  He is 6'1 230lbs, only 26yrs old and had a great stat line last year with122 tackles, 3.0 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions, 8 pass deflections, a forced fumble, and two fumble recoveries. Lesser known guy, maybe we can get him for a decent price.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Calling Samuels a JAG over and over is not going to speak it into reality but hey, do your thing.

Then what is Samuels? He's not that great and at best is going to be a gadget player. I do not feel that it is necessary that we overpay for him. 

Edited by Gibbsisgod2006

3 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

IDK....my concern is, I hope Rivera doesnt offer some astronomical LTD contract to keep Scherrf just because he's a "culture guy" and he's absolutely needed here. Same with J. Allen when its time to resign him. 

IMO there's a big difference between Scherff and Allen. Scherff is a 1st team All-Pro legit top top 3 in the NFL OG. Allen isn't in that territory at all. He's good and is a leader and super high character guy, but as a player he's just not in the Donald, Cox, etc conversation. Not even close. He rarely draws double teams and his numbers are mediocre. I have a really hard time paying $100 million for character. At some point you have to have the production and talent to go with it too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

For those who have more time and/or more knowledge.  They keep saying Fitz hasn’t been to the playoffs.  I know he signed with a torn down Miami team.  Has he ever had a solid defense on the other side?  Ever had a solid oline and weapons?  I like the pickup, just curious how excited I should get.  Haha

Yes when Fitz played in New York for the Jets under Todd Bowles they had a really good defense and I believe they went 10-6 in 2015 or 2016. 

7 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

And, honestly, Samuels wasn’t my top target.  At least, he’s not someone you bid up for.  Like you said, you can get a slot-type guy in the draft like one of the Moores.  Davis is the guy I wanted and would have been excited if we could have gotten him for what he got with the Jets.  Maybe it’s semantics, but I can’t agree with calling Samuels a JAG even if he isn’t a traditional WR.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I do wonder what the concerns are around him.  I feel like I read rumors of him quitting on the season even after Patricia was gone.

I think the rumors are that he may have milked his injury to ensure he reached FA healthy, after perceiving that Patricia and the Lions org was garbage and treated their players like garbage. Maybe not ideal if true, but given what I’ve read about Patricia’s time there I’m not willing to hold it against him. But then, I felt the same way about Trent and would welcome him back in a second now that the clown squad is gone, here.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

4 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

Yes when Fitz played in New York for the Jets under Todd Bowles they had a really good defense and I believe they went 10-6 in 2015 or 2016. 

They did. It was his one of his two 16 game seasons in his career. He had a decent year.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

And, honestly, Samuels wasn’t my top target.  At least, he’s not someone you bid up for.  Like you said, you can get a slot-type guy in the draft like one of the Moores.  Davis is the guy I wanted and would have been excited if we could have gotten him for what he got with the Jets.  Maybe it’s semantics, but I can’t agree with calling Samuels a JAG even if he isn’t a traditional WR.

I watched a lot of Samuels the last couple of years because of Samuels being on my fantasy team he maybe a touch above a JAG but that is it. I wanted Davis too. 

Just now, jsharrin55 said:

So, here's a breakdown of his teams:

• 2005 - Rams - Started 3 games - 30th ranked Defense 
  • 2006 - Rams - Started 3 games - 23rd ranked Defense
  • 2007 - Cincinnati - Started 3 games - 27th ranked Defense
  • 2008 - Cincinnati - Started 12 games - 11th ranked Defense
  • 2009 - Buffalo - Started 8 games - 19th ranked Defense
  • 2010 - Buffalo - Started 13 games - 24th ranked Defense
  • 2011 - Buffalo - Started 16 games - 26th ranked Defense
  • 2012 - Buffalo - Started 16 games - 22nd ranked Defense
  • 2013 - Tennessee - Started 9 games - 14th ranked Defense
  • 2014 - Houston - Started 12 games - 16th ranked Defense
  • 2015 - New York Jets - Started 16 games - 4th ranked Defense
  • 2016 - New York Jets - Started 11 games - 11th ranked Defense
  • 2017 - Tampa Bay - Started 3 games - 32nd ranked Defense
  • 2018 - Tampa Bay - Started 7 games - 27th ranked Defense
  • 2019 - Miami - Started 13 games - 30th ranked Defense
  • 2020 - Miami - Started 7 games - 20th ranked Defense

So 1 Top 10 defense, and played all season and in 2015, went 10-6 but of course, AFC East with Patriots is almost a guarantee not to win division.

• Thanks 4

I like Samuel but I don’t think he’s the big impact player we are looking for.  Not a bad piece to add and he’s and upgrade from our 3,4, and 5 guys. I’m good picking him up but we still need to pick up a speedy #2 in the draft.  Galladay is a high risk, high return guy; maybe we don’t get 17 games out of him but he is definitely a difference maker.

WR seems to be a pretty deep position in the draft.  Pick up Samuel at a good price, draft a speedy deep threat in the first couple rounds and press on.

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

IMO there's a big difference between Scherff and Allen. Scherff is a 1st team All-Pro legit top top 3 in the NFL OG. Allen isn't in that territory at all. He's good and is a leader and super high character guy, but as a player he's just not in the Donald, Cox, etc conversation. Not even close. He rarely draws double teams and his numbers are mediocre. I have a really hard time paying $100 million for character. At some point you have to have the production and talent to go with it too.

My thoughts exactly. 

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Not feeling it on news tonight. May unplug a bit. Of course I said that last night and we signed Fitzpatrick like 10 minutes later and I missed it until morning 🤞

Same....what time did we sign Fitz? 

6 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

He was decent but he's going to throw a lot of picks. 

And a lot of TD's. That is the trade off you get with him. It will be the most exciting offense we have had in a decade. Simply because of Fitzpatrick. But as you say. You have to take the magic with the tragic. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

I haven't heard much mention of Eric Wilson the linebacker from the vikings.  He is 6'1 230lbs, only 26yrs old and had a great stat line last year with122 tackles, 3.0 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions, 8 pass deflections, a forced fumble, and two fumble recoveries. Lesser known guy, maybe we can get him for a decent price.

We have brought him up a few times. He has usually been in the conversation with Morrow with Morrow nudging him out here (for whatever that means lo)

He is good in coverage but isn't the best tackler. they could take a go at him but not sure he is the guy you would want to lock in for a long term deal.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And a lot of TD's. That is the trade off you get with him. It will be the most exciting offense we have had in a decade. Simply because of Fitzpatrick. But as you say. You have to take the magic with the tragic. 

You are going to get a lot of tragic with Fitz. I agree it is going to be more exciting though. 

3 hours ago, Mooka said:

Nah officially he can't. I forgot he was a first round pick when I posted that.

But unofficially you can do whatever you want and risk the consequences. 

Ah, the 'ol 'illegal contract tampering'

3 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Dalton was pretty bad last year. Not sure what the Bears are thinking. 

They are thinking 2 things :

1) Help ! We're desperate ! Does ANYONE want to play QB for us ? Maybe we can work something out ?!

and

2) WOW ! Dalton is actually and literally the best QB we've had in Chicago for about decades !

• Haha 1