Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Maybe we're working on a trad

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Samuel has been my #1 preference at wr.   I'd be thrilled with him.  Golladay is probably a guy I can talk myself into, but that never seems to work out well.  No way on ju ju.  Hilton seems to be depreciating faster than a new car being driven off the lot.

I really like Cam Sims, if he can clean up the dropsies he can be great here. The dude has made strides and should keep improving....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Maybe we're working on a trad

I really like Cam Sims, if he can clean up the dropsies he can be great here. The dude has made strides and should keep improving....

I'm still pissed at him for dropping the ball in the opening drive vs t bay.  Brutal.  

He did have some nice plays this year tho.  I'm hoping they still have room for him at #5, but if we go into the year with him as the #3, we are in trouble.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Ertz? Wonder what that trade looks like

No need to trade for Ertz...he will be released this week and sign with the Colts to be back with Wentz. Trading for Ertz would be taking on a big one year deal and he isn't worth close to 10 mil that he'll get. Eagles are grasping now.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I'm still pissed at him for dropping the ball in the opening drive vs t bay.  Brutal.  

He did have some nice plays this year tho.  I'm hoping they still have room for him at #5, but if we go into the year with him as the #3, we are in trouble.  

Cam is growing, as is Steve Sims and some others....although I have more faith in Cam than I do Sims Jr.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Didn’t NE also draft a couple TE fairly high last year also

Yep, 3rd rounders I think. Plus they drafted a receiver high, then signed 2 more. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if they swoop back into FA when the prices drop.

I'd be all about paying adoree.  Young, can return as well.  My titans friend thinks they have something in the works, such as trading for gilmore, and that's the reason he was released, so good to know his release is probably not performance/attitude based.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Didn’t NE also draft a couple TE fairly high last year also

I remember dalton keene from v tech was considered a huge reach in the 3rd.  Guess that was spot on.

Or maybe it's not about keene, it's about belichick turning into a guy in supermarket sweep when he gets to the frozen turkeys section.

Edited by KillBill26

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There's nothing you're missing except that his career went South when Luck retired. Maybe he needs a slinger to rejuvenate him. Injuries have gotten him too....his career is modeling DeJax's career.

That’s the thing.  I thought his production would go back up with Rivers as he’s a guy who feeds his #1 target.  Didn’t pan out that way.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I remember dalton keene from v tech was considered a huge reach in the 3rd.  Guess that was spot on.

The other guy Devin Asiasi was a reach in the 3rd also. I really liked him but he was a late 4 or really 5th round guy

39 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Rosters have to be cut down tomorrow by 4:00PM. No reason to do much of anything significant until they see who is being cut - and there will be a lot of cuts. And that includes Scherff. There is plenty of time to sign him to a LTD. They have until some time in June or July - can't remember exactly. 

The confusion is you're post reads like your saying Scherff could be cut when he's already signed his tag. Then you go on to say he could still sign a LTD.  Yeah I know how it all works. Your post was confusing.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Cam is growing, as is Steve Sims and some others....although I have more faith in Cam than I do Sims Jr.

Steven Sims regressed last year, he didn’t show any growth at all. Got noticeably worse to my eye, and it wasn’t just the drops. He’ll have his moments with enough targets (which he shouldn’t get), but he’s barely an NFL player. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Steven Sims regressed last year, he didn’t show any growth at all. Got noticeably worse to my eye, and it wasn’t just the drops. He’ll have his moments with enough targets (which he shouldn’t get), but he’s barely an NFL player. 

And Cam quit on his routes and had too familiar drops.  He's not a #2 WR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1