Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I just reread Keim's article from today.  Either he changed his tune based on what he recently heard or I misinterpreted one of his podcasts, so I'll back off on the idea that they will unlikely draft a QB if its after the first round.  Keim's article today was open that anything is possible.

Breer on the other hand gave the vibe that they are willing to shoot for a QB but they are thinking big on that front and will wait for that opportunity.

Digesting both of their narratives it almost feels like potentially trading up for a QB in this draft is if anything hot on their list if the opportunity presents itself. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is that even an option for him ?

I mean, it was my understanding that players on rookie contracts are stuck with that contract basically, for it's initial duration.

But I could be wrong.

Nah officially he can't. I forgot he was a first round pick when I posted that.

But unofficially you can do whatever you want and risk the consequences. 

We need to release the shackles and spend some cash. There is a danger we become too conservative/cautious. 

Market prices are set. You either go with it or not. If we think Scherff is elite, well you just got to pay the going rate and live with it. Same with Jon Allen. Market is set, do a deal or move on. You invariably can’t get cheap deals all the time. Nor can you ignore the expected cost of some players.

We have tons of cap space. We have to be sensible to a degree, but look around the league. It’s not rocket science to defer a reasonable amount of contract cap hits.

Strike some deals.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Funny to listen to NFL Network just now hearing from a reporter who covers the Packers hype up now that they have Joe Barry they are going to really go after the QB -- pressure.

I remember Barry talking about it, watched some of his lecture videos where he talked about concepts and things that would allow certain concepts to blitz more.  I bought into it.  Then the regular season started and...nothing.  Made Barry seem like a confident person who doesn't know they aren't good at something.

48 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Unless OBJ just isn't smart, I have to think that (if this tweet means anything or is intended to mean anything) that he is being traded BACK to the Giants. Where else would he be having a 2nd act?

Cleveland

Just now, skinsfan4128 said:

While it's a tad unsettling that we haven't been active this far, I personally feel pretty good with the fact that this has shades of last year. And hell, that turned out pretty good. 

It helps that there's a ton of talent out there.  The action has been pretty slow across the league to be honest.  And whole bunch more guys are about to be cut by 4pm tomorrow when teams have to be under the cap.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

We need to release the shackles and spend some cash. There is a danger we become too conservative/cautious. 

Market prices are set. You either go with it or not. If we think Scherff is elite, well you just got to pay the going rate and live with it. Same with Jon Allen. Market is set, do a deal or move on. You invariably can’t get cheap deals all the time. Nor can you ignore the expected cost of some players.

We have tons of cap space. We have to be sensible to a degree, but look around the league. It’s not rocket science to defer a reasonable amount of contract cap hits.

Strike some deals.

Rosters have to be cut down tomorrow by 4:00PM. No reason to do much of anything significant until they see who is being cut - and there will be a lot of cuts. And that includes Scherff. There is plenty of time to sign him to a LTD. They have until some time in June or July - can't remember exactly. 

• Confused 1