Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

56 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Tonyan >>> Jonnu and Henry.  He is extremely athletic and was hyper efficient with his chances last year.  If anything Rodgers should have gone to him more.  I'd give a 2nd in a heartbeat.  If you draft a TE you're waiting a year or two at least for them to develop...Tonyan emerged in his year 3 and is still young.  You'd get a prime TE for a 5 year window.  Sign me up!

That said he's not leaving GB.

Not sure if you're joking but this board would go up in flames if we traded a 2nd round pick for Robert Tonyan and I would be one of the people throwing gasoline on the fire.  He produced Jeremy Sprinkle numbers his first two years and then had one good year that is really only good because of the number of touchdowns he scored.  Green Bay placed a $3.5 million dollar tender on him because that's what they think he is worth.  Giving up any picks for him would be foolish.  Giving up a 2nd rounder for him would be grossly overpaying.    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, method man said:

Ehh I think we are going to end up signing enough bargain FAs to negate any comp picks. Fitz will offset Darby and it takes one player signing for $3M-$4M to offset KPL

only if you sign a ufa.  Sign a guy who was released.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

Not sure if you're joking but this board would go up in flames if we traded a 2nd round pick for Robert Tonyan and I would be one of the people throwing gasoline on the fire.  He produced Jeremy Sprinkle numbers his first two years and then had one good year that is really only good because of the number of touchdowns he scored.  Green Bay placed a $3.5 million dollar tender on him because that's what they think he is worth.  Giving up any picks for him would be foolish.  Giving up a 2nd rounder for him would be grossly overpaying.    

You clearly did not watch him closely enough and aren't familiar with his athleticism and efficiency.  He's a guy you could funnel your offense through if not for the presence of Adams.  He has star traits.

Everyone: Tight Ends take three years to develop!

Everyone after a Tight End breaks out in 3rd year:  But it took 3 years!!

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Supposedly Jax also likes Samuel. 

I know you're just passing on the report SIP...but I don't get why JAX would be in on Samuel that hard.  I get the Urban/OSU/one of my guys thing but they have Shenault (who is very similar to Samuel) and Chark and this is a really good/deep WR class.  I feel like they would be in on someone like Jones or Higgins (Tier 2 types) and then draft a guy. Must not like Shenault's tape...or Urban really wants someone he is familiar with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Is there a chance these WRs are trying to seek 1 year deals? and clubs just aren’t interested in that

If we are trying to build as Ron says I’d be mighty disappointed if our big splash is only a one year deal

Not just WR's.....I think you're on to something here. 

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Samuel  or JuJu + a draft pick on Bateman/Marshall/Surratt/Terry in the 2nd or 3rd would be nice.

Or Golladay or Fuller  + a draft pick of Elijah Moore or Amari Rodgers to play slot in that same range.

Id bring in Juju for a one year deal.

12 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Is there a chance these WRs are trying to seek 1 year deals? and clubs just aren’t interested in that

If we are trying to build as Ron says I’d be mighty disappointed if our big splash is only a one year deal

I think you struggle to accommodate one year deals at those high values with limited cap space.

27 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

"How we supposeda feed our kids on $12 million per year? Poverty wages smh"

- Junior Gallette

Seriously, Corey Davis get almost 40 million; Nelson Algholor gets 13 a year and receivers have the audacity to say the market is bad for them. 

Maybe don’t ask for 20, geniuses.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He could've been a solid backup DE for us, essentially a Kerrigan replacement

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Seriously, Corey Davis get almost 40 million; Nelson Algholor gets 13 a year and receivers have the audacity to say the market is bad for them. 

Maybe don’t ask for 20, geniuses.

Depends on the receiver who was asked the question. The position is a case of haves and have nots. The hot names like Davis, Golladay and others are getting courted by a bunch of teams. On the other hands, FA is probably tougher than usual on the Rashad Higginses and John Browns of the world