Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

While I mostly agree, I think elite talents don’t necessarily need a quality QB. Terry hadn’t had any quality QBs and he’s always putting up numbers and finding ways to get open. Moss is a bad example because guys like he and ODB just sort of stop trying if they’re not getting looks.

I think elite QB’s raise the level of play at WR way more than elite WR’s raise the level of marginal QB’s.  So many guys have gotten paid playing with top tier QB’s only to go for the $$ and sign with a team without a great QB & their play suddenly declines.  I would never sign a WR to major $$ without an elite QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Don't really get the appeal of bringing back Moreau.  The coaches know what he's capable of and how he struggles.  Bring in someone else for 2 million a year or whatever, can't be worse.  For someone with insane speed, he ran a 4.32, he gets toasted a lot.

Yeah, I haven't seen any speed out of him that would even come close to that. 

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Don't really get the appeal of bringing back Moreau.  The coaches know what he's capable of and how he struggles.  Bring in someone else for 2 million a year or whatever, can't be worse.  For someone with insane speed, he ran a 4.32, he gets toasted a lot.

I thought he looked good in limited action before getting yanked. And once he got yanked it looked downhill for the guy. I think he’s more capable than given credit for but moreso I think he’s an adequate stop gap in case we don’t find a better corner. He’s certainly not an ideal starter, I’ll give you that.

• Like 2

I would really like another experienced receiver to put alongside terry.  The other guys we have are fine for depth I think,  but I'm starting to realize, we are just through year one of the new brand and new culture.  We may need to prove our culture before it becomes attractive to other players.  

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I think elite QB’s raise the level of play at WR way more than elite WR’s raise the level of marginal QB’s.  So many guys have gotten paid playing with top tier QB’s only to go for the $$ and sign with a team without a great QB & their play suddenly declines.  I would never sign a WR to major $$ without an elite QB.

So you’re letting McLaurin walk in two years?

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

It’s easier to find great receivers than an elite QB. You can also risk more chance with receivers because the offense doesn’t fall apart if they bust. But I agree with the rest. None of the receivers available are elite though and rarely do elite receivers hit the market

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s easier to find great receivers than an elite QB. You can also risk more chance with receivers because the offense doesn’t fall apart if they bust. But I agree with the rest. None of the receivers available are elite though and rarely do elite receivers hit the market

It is easier to find great WR’s but why overpay for a guy when your QB play is suspect at best?  That’s mainly my point.  Yes I’d rather spend that money elsewhere like to build on a strength defensively and attack WR in the draft at some point.

Just now, -JB- said:

It is easier to find great WR’s but why overpay for a guy when your QB play is suspect at best?  That’s mainly my point.  Yes I’d rather spend that money elsewhere like to build on a strength defensively and attack WR in the draft at some point.

Because that overpaid guy may have been the difference between a first round exit last year and possibly beating the eventual super bowl winners.

Also, this myth of overpayment needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, not interested in paying $12 million for Winston. Though I'm curious what that will do for the market for Fitz.

Well, it's worth "up to" $12 million. So probably like $3 million plus incentives

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because that overpaid guy may have been the difference between a first round exit last year and possibly beating the eventual super bowl winners.

Also, this myth of overpayment needs to be addressed. 

You’re going to have to overpay to get a top market WR to come play for a team with major question marks at QB.

Edited by -JB-