Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

For real though, we need to be prepared that Fitz will have some stinkers hucking the ball around the way he does, but with him and this D (and maybe some more weapons to come?) we can actually compete for the division again. And if Heinicke is secretly the chosen one? Great, he’ll get his shot if he kills it in training camp or Fitz falters. 

This is going to be pretty fun, people here who think they hate this are going to enjoy watching Fitzpatrick play football, he’s the perfect guy to give our offense a dimension that D’s have to fear...and he’ll have a defense to back him up and keep him out of come-from-behind mode too often.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Even with Fitz, you still almost expect them to draft a QB in one of the rounds...then, who will be the odd man out ?

Fitz, Heinicke, Allen, Rookie Draft Pick

Thing is that a good outcome for a mid-round rookie would be to become Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke. Since both are cheap and already on the team, why bother with another? They'd have to really, really love some player to make that move.

Edited by Jericho

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, what you're saying is - Heinicke is the FUTURE ?!?

From what some of the reporters have said if they sign a veteran don't expect them to take a flier in the draft, too.  They are unlikely going to dump Allen or Heinicke.  Speaking for myself, I'd think they'd be stupid to take a QB in the draft unless there is some surprise faller to 19.

I am not wasting a 2nd on someone like Trask for example.  If you got Fitzpatrick load him up on weapons.  Most QBs after the first round are busts. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

This means no darnold/Mariota so I’m not too upset. But between franchising scherff, losing Darby for cheap, and signing fitz, I’m not loving the start to FA. Plenty of time left but $28m already spent doesn’t leave us with a whole lot to work with.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

This means no darnold/Mariota so I’m not too upset. But between franchising scherff, losing Darby for cheap, and signing fitz, I’m not loving the start to FA. Plenty of time left but $28m already spent doesn’t leave us with a whole lot to work with.

I missed losing Darby.  Where’d he go?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what some of the reporters have said if they sign a veteran don't expect them to take a flier in the draft, too.  They are unlikely going to dump Allen or Heinicke.  Speaking for myself, I'd think they'd be stupid to take a QB in the draft unless there is some surprise faller to 19.

I am not wasting a 2nd on someone like Trask for example.  If you got Fitzpatrick load him up on weapons.  Most QBs after the first round are busts. 

Mond maybe

People need to realize that the die had been cast, and it wasn’t looking good—we are not trading a mountain of resources for Watson or Wilson. We are not going to be drafting top-5 anytime soon with this defense and the other pieces we have. We are not likely going to find a franchise QB at 19 or in the mid rounds. Rivera was in a tough spot to “fix” QB, and Fitz is by no means the franchise obviously. But he’s pushing a new culture of a strong D and a punch you in the mouth attitude to fight for this division, and that culture isn’t settled yet. A top draft pick isn’t happening, so let’s do it again and fight for the division with someone who can actually sling the ball around with balls, for once. Let’s have some fun, the “right” way to rebuild was already impossible. Now the team just needs to win enough to become a self-sustaining machine that we can hopefully eventually plug a young QB into.

But please give me a ****ing break with the “we should have tried to fix Trubisky or Darnold” thing. What a waste of time and what a waste of the talent we already have. Let’s just be a team that can beat anyone any given Sunday, since we can’t be the team who drafts the generational QB with a top-3 pick. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4