Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I guess we'll never really know what Chicago offered (if anything), but I suspect it wasn't much different, if not worse. The league is not valuing Winston that highly. But if you're picking between New Orleans and Chicago, I'd think anything close would mean New Orleans. And Winston still might not start

Yeah it’s just a guess on my part, pure speculation. I think it’s less about the league not valuing him and more about the Saints valuing him and him wanting to work where he’s valued. Payton doesn’t beat around the bush and he obviously has Winston bought in. 

• Like 1

I'd be curious if the team has sniffed around CJ Mosely. I know they were very interested two years ago, though under a different regime. His contract still isn't great (particularly after 2020), but the $14 million left in guaranteed salaries makes him an easier trade then cut. Doubt it would cost much and he's a bona fide upgrade at LB.

And I also see some media outlets still trying the push the everyone wants Sam Darnold propaganda. One day he'll find a home ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Yeah it’s just a guess on my part, pure speculation. I think it’s less about the league not valuing him and more about the Saints valuing him and him wanting to work where he’s valued. Payton doesn’t beat around the bush and he obviously has Winston bought in. 

But teams aren't paying back-up QBs $5.5 million in guarantees. If Winston isn't starting, he's not really seeing that type of money elsewhere. So the only way to get more money than New Orleans offered is by finding a team that will start him. I think Chicago and Washington were his only two hopes. And it appears Washington could not care less. Chicago might have cared a little, but probably not much.

Hey, we're not the only team that seems to be slow out of the gate.

The Texans lose JJ Watt, and in order to aggressively find his replacement, they sign...

KPL

And still searching for a replacement for the Deandre Hopkins that they lost a year ago, as 2021 FA begins, they sign...

Chris Moore...

who in 5 years in the NFL, has averaged about 9 Receptions per season.

I know how Texans fans are feeling.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Another possibility to watch is Tampa Bay and TEs. They're already pretty tight against the cap and are paying Gronk $10 million and Howard and Brate every over $6 million. You really don't need all three of those guys, so one of Brate/Howard could easily be moved.

• Like 1

I remember the good ole days when the players we didn’t re-sign nobody wanted.  We’re losing guys that don’t really upset me and they are signing for big $$$ pretty quickly.  We must be doing something a little better.

• Like 2