Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I'm personally loving the current approach of conservatism. This offseason will workout in our favor long term. Every FA we don't sign, I think of Terry, Montez, etc. in house players who we will have no problem keeping. Let NE be offseason Champs this year.

Edited by IrepDC
  • Like 2

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

Sure, if they double dip in the draft that's cool.  I want an outside WR with one of our first two picks though and trade up in the 2nd if necessary.

You could get a Bateman type but the hit rate with outside receivers is lower than with slot types at least when it comes to rookie campaigns. I'd generally focus on outside receiver in free agency

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I love seeing WFT fans all up in arms about not overpaying for overrated WR’s in free agency.  You’d think we didn’t just draft our stud WR McLaurin in the 3rd round a couple years back or something.  Dan Snyder trained these fans good smh

While I don’t advocate the idea of signing big name players to build your team around, I do advocate for the idea that if you strike gold in the draft and you have them on rookie deals still then that’s when you take chances. You pay heavy now to balance the cheap deals that already work for you. What are you going to do, hope we find another Terry? What happens if we can’t and in two years we’re paying him 20 a year and Cam Sims is still our number two?

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Golladay had a much better QB in Detroit than we have in Washington and they beat us last year while also finishing with a 5-11 record.  Throw the bank @ Golladay!  He’s transcendent LOL

One thing about watching Golladay on tape is he doesnt get huge separation. He is a contested catch guy. So you gotta have a QB willing to take chances. Heineke showed that trait in his limited playing time. I think Golladay would be a huge get for us. You cant double him and Terry at the same time. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

While I don’t advocate the idea of signing big name players to build your team around, I do advocate for the idea that if you strike gold in the draft and you have them on rookie deals still then that’s when you take chances. You pay heavy now to balance the cheap deals that already work for you. What are you going to do, hope we find another Terry? What happens if we can’t and in two years we’re paying him 20 a year and Cam Sims is still our number two?

Probably need to find a quality QB.  You can have Randy Moss in his prime & do diddly squat if your QB situation is ass.  Like Moss when he was on Raiders vs when he went to Pats.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One thing about watching Golladay on tape is he doesnt get huge separation. He is a contested catch guy. So you gotta have a QB willing to take chances. Heineke showed that trait in his limited playing time. I think Golladay would be a huge get for us. You cant double him and Terry at the same time. 

Exactly. He's not going to age well. See Dez Bryant

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Probably need to find a quality QB.  You can have Randy Moss in his prime & do diddly squat if your QB situation is ass.  Like Moss when he was on Raiders vs when he went to Pats.

While I mostly agree, I think elite talents don’t necessarily need a quality QB. Terry hadn’t had any quality QBs and he’s always putting up numbers and finding ways to get open. Moss is a bad example because guys like he and ODB just sort of stop trying if they’re not getting looks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fuller is the risk/reward WR.  He's got legit speed that scares defenses.  However, he's injury prone and is suspended for the opener.  He's also the best WR on the market.

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

One of these things is not like the others.  And by that I mean the style of QB they play with.  AJ Brown is the only WR in that group that doesn't have QB's extend plays like crazy, and get looks to WR's that aren't possible normally.

If you think AJB is ever gonna see FA you’re dreaming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Eh, Golladay also had a QB with a cannon arm that let him take those kinds of gunslinger risks with more reward. Heinicke seems to have some of the mentality but doesn't have the arm talent for it. 

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He doesn't.  But there are a few things he does well besides contested catches.  Operate vs zones.  Track the ball over his head.  Doesn't drop stuff that hits his hands.  We had almost no deep passes except for what Heinicke threw, and Cam Sims dropped 2 or 3 of them.  Logan Thomas dropped 1.  Steve Sims just can't catch anything contested at all...and also drops open looks.

What Golladay does well, is what the rest of our WR group can't do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Fuller is the risk/reward WR.  He's got legit speed that scares defenses.  However, he's injury prone and is suspended for the opener.  He's also the best WR on the market.

He's a hard call for me.  He's a freak when he's on the field.  But then you got the injuries.