Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

Just now, PartyPosse said:

WFT screwed themselves by half-assing and taking a wait and see approach to who their QB is going to be. I don’t blame receivers for not wanting to come here. I wouldn’t.

What other approach were they supposed to take? Their QBs are 2 UDFAs: one who's coming off of a major injury, and the other who's started 2 games in his career. Or do you mean they should have overpaid for Stafford?

I still don't think any big name WR is going to want to come here with our QB situation. At least Jax and NYJ will be picking up blue chip QB prospects come draft day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would put Fuller on that list fourth over Marvin Jones easily, even with the suspension. Especially if we sign Fitzpatrick.

Fuller and Fitz would be the most volatile offense in the league. Any given play could be a TD (for either team) or a potential major hamstring injury for Fuller.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

This idea that we need a top tier wr out of FA is misguided. It’d be nice. But we have no qb. I’d focus on Hunter Henry, and then after him juju/golladay/fuller. If we don’t land any of them, save the money and go bargain shopping again. 

Strongly disagree, **** that......get a ****ing top tier WR and stop bull****ting. I cant watch that trash ass offense again. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

This idea that we need a top tier wr out of FA is misguided. It’d be nice. But we have no qb. I’d focus on Hunter Henry, and then after him juju/golladay/fuller. If we don’t land any of them, save the money and go bargain shopping again. 

JuJu and TE Everett of the Rams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

What other approach were they supposed to take? Their QBs are 2 UDFAs: one who's coming off of a major injury, and the other who's started 2 games in his career. Or do you mean they should have overpaid for Stafford?

I still don't think any big name WR is going to want to come here with our QB situation. At least Jax and NYJ will be picking up blue chip QB prospects come draft day. 

If this is true, what big name WR wants to play with Daniel Jones? It's all about the $$$....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Agree.  They swung hard enough for Stafford.  Rivera inherited Alex and Haskins.  This team has had QB problems for much of Dan's tenure.  I'll give Rivera a break for not solving it in a couple of months.  It's clearly not easy.  Teams like Chicago and NE are in the same boat -- its not like either team has done anything clever just yet to dig out of that QB abyss. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

There’s no guarantee the jets even draft a QB and even with the possibility of Darnold still starting they’re attracting receivers. Right now I expect no one outside of vastly overpaying a Fuller to even entertain the notion of playing here. I wouldn’t blame KG signing with the Giants since the division probably has the absolute worst collection of corners in the league. It’s embarrassing how bad the talent is to the point where Darby was probably the best of all four teams.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Strongly disagree, **** that......get a ****ing top tier WR and stop bull****ting. 

The draft has been incredibly strong at the wr position the last few years. I’m fine going to the well again. QB is the most important decision, and then MLB. 

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

By far the biggest complaint I heard from Titans fans over the years was that no matter how much he worked on it and talked about working on it in the offseason, he got wrecked at the LOS. Awful against press for such a big guy. I wonder if he fixed that last year, I only had eyes for AJB. 

Admittedly I too only have eyes for AJB, but my feeling is he was marginally better off the LOS.  Still soft overall given all the size and athleticism he has.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Talent-wise Jones is miles better than anything we have here.

Yeah Jones isn't anything special but at least they have a stable QB situation with a young guy who's ok and could improve. And if anyone thinks a team would take Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke over Daniel Jones, I have a bridge for sale.

• Like 1

I don't think they want to spend money on a WR..Mcclaurin is coming up for a contract here in the next year or so..They will probably draft a WR,but they need to do something about the LB's and DB's in FA.

• Like 1

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

The draft has been incredibly strong at the wr position the last few years. I’m fine going to the well again. QB is the most important decision, and then MLB. 

I definitely want one of those WRs in the first few rounds, but coming off that horrible offensive season, Im not trying to go into a season relying on a rookie WR trying to figure it out. WR position (like most positions) is so hit or miss.....Mid way through the season all I was thinking bout was "at least after this season, we will definitely be putting a THREAT at WR with McClaurin.