Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I don't think they want to spend money on a WR..Mcclaurin is coming up for a contract here in the next year or so..They will probably draft a WR,but they need to do something about the LB's and DB's in FA.

That’s the only real concerning part to me. I get receivers being hesitant to come here but you would think it would be an easy sell to convince defensive guys to come play behind that line. I fee RR is very specific player focused and doesn’t really operate in plan Bs

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Those saying we needed a QB before FA if we wanted a receiver... Meanwhile Jets and Dolphins also have no one? Frustrating if yet again we don't get help for McLaurin. What is getting bargains helping with? 

Jets have a #2 overall pick that there's probably a 95% chance they'll use for a blue chip QB, Dolphins have Tua (who didn't look great but is still miles better than what we have) as well as a #3 overall pick which they could also use on a QB if they so chose.

We have 2 UDFAs and the 19th overall pick, so we're in QB purgatory.

Just now, kingdaddy said:

No way...He is so bad the NYG apparently are putting him on notice this year. I'd take Allen over that stiff.

I said talent wise. He still makes a ton of mental errors that may or may not be correctable. 

Just now, Mooka said:

Ron's not a GM.

Its not his fault our franchise operates the wrong way. 

Maybe we’re taking our time because our 12 GMs can’t agree on anything.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I don't think they want to spend money on a WR..Mcclaurin is coming up for a contract here in the next year or so..They will probably draft a WR,but they need to do something about the LB's and DB's in FA.

I don’t get the sentiment that if you have a player at a position that you are going to have to pay, you can’t have another player at that same position that you pay good money to as well. You have to have blue chip players on the roster. I don’t think it necessarily matters what position. If they both happen to be WR’s so be it. If they are edge rushers, that’s fine. Just get blue chip players. And continue to draft well. 

For me it’s simple, get impact players. Figure out how to work out their deals so they don’t all come due at the same time. Other teams are proving this is possible right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, method man said:

Everyone should chill out. We don't need a #1 receiver. We have one. John Brown and TY Hilton are two proven #2 WRs not showing up on that guy's list. Given the depth of the draft at WR, I am happy they aren't overpaying for anyone 

If you told me we can have John Brown, Isaiah McKenzie, and one of the top 5 or 6 rookies, I'd be totally fine with that.  We have to address the position for sure but I am not gaga over any specific player and they will all be pricey.

McKenzie could be dynamite in the slot.  Guy just needs snaps, his production has been fantastic on a limited scale.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

Everyone should chill out. We don't need a #1 receiver. We have one. John Brown and TY Hilton are two proven #2 WRs not showing up on that guy's list. Given the depth of the draft at WR, I am happy they aren't overpaying for anyone 

TY Hilton & John Brown are shells of themselves now. John Brown was never great. This aint 2016....We did that bargain basement **** last season when we signed Inman and with whoever else....

Next season we have a hard schedule, we are facing every top QB in the league. If Im going to be sitting around watching these bums, we need to at least give ourselves a shot. Every team needs at least a few stud skill position players. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

If you told me we can have John Brown, Isaiah McKenzie, and one of the top 5 or 6 rookies, I'd be totally fine with that.  We have to address the position for sure but I am not gaga over any specific player and they will all be pricey.

McKenzie could be dynamite in the slot.  Guy just needs snaps, his production has been fantastic on a limited scale.

Usually, I'd be down for McKenzie but this draft is so deep with slot talents that I'd just wait until rd 3 or 4 to take a guy there and pay a rookie wage. 

• Like 1

Just now, method man said:

Usually, I'd be down for McKenzie but this draft is so deep with slot talents that I'd just wait until rd 3 or 4 to take a guy there and pay a rookie wage. 

Sure, if they double dip in the draft that's cool.  I want an outside WR with one of our first two picks though and trade up in the 2nd if necessary.

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

TY Hilton & John Brown are shells of themselves now. John Brown was never great. This aint 2016....We did that bargain basement **** last season when we signed Inman and with whoever else....

Next season we have a hard schedule, we are facing every top QB in the league. If Im going to be sitting around watching these bums, we need to at least give ourselves a shot. Every team needs at least a few stud skill position players. 

TY Hilton put up a 760 yard season and John Brown put up a 1000 yard season a year ago. Both guys still have something left in the tank, at least for next year. Inman is a stupid comparison - he's never come close to achieving what these guys have in their careers

• Thanks 2