Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I'm surprised harris went with philly over us.  We will be better than them in 2021, and the ability to walk right into the FS position behind that line would be ideal for a player who signed a 1 yr prove it deal.  And he went to Virginia.

I wasn't sounding the alarm to sign harris, mostly bc I thought he would get overpaid.  At that price, that would've been a great get.  Bummer.

• Like 4

Just now, KillBill26 said:

I'm surprised harris went with philly over us.  We will be better than them in 2021, and the ability to walk right into the FS position behind that line would be ideal for a player who signed a 1 yr prove it deal.  And he went to Virginia.

I wasn't sounding the alarm to sign harris, mostly bc I thought he would get overpaid.  At that price, that would've been a great get.  Bummer.

We don’t know if we even tried

I woulda gone 3.5 on Lindsay but I’m sure he wanted somewhere that would maximize his touches

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

To play with a guy that may no longer be able to throw. Big Ben's a future HOFer, but he seems to be on his last legs. Maybe not the best option to maximize value for 2022.

He will still end up better stats which will bode well for next contract. Baltimore is run first team so hard to get a lot of catches. 

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I bet Kirk probably spent plenty of time bashing us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Eagles fan? The only thing that makes sense unless we have other plans. Ultimately up to the player & agent.  Agree, weird. 

30 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Man with all these signings by other teams, i’d be happy if at least we get a LTD for Scherff and Allen extension asap. 

Odd we aren't doing any 1 yr deals since we did last year. 

No reason for Scherff and Allen to do long term deals right now when they and their agents know the cap will go up a decent amount next year. The downside for them is if they get hurt this season or something.

As far as 1 year deals, we signed Fitz to a 1 year deal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Vikings defense was brutal last season, especially their pass defense. Not sure if Harris was part of the reason why but maybe there's some bad film on him? He signed with a bad team that is only getting worse. 

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Wright and Boston would put us in a good position going into the draft without pressing us up against the cap. 

Crossing my fingers. 

Harris would have been a huge get. Feel like Wright and Harris would have put the defense into elite category. 

5 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Barring a crazy move for qb in draft i see Fitz staying past 1 year unless Heiney beats him out. 

I think the opposite.  I think we’ll definitely be drafting QB, possibly in the early rounds.  The team is almost set from a talent prospective on both sides of the ball.  Drafting a rookie this year makes sense, because next year’s QB draft class is slated to be the worst one in several years.  

We’ll also need to draft our guy soon, because you want him to sit and learn behind Fitz, and be ready to take over after next year.  Fitz is 38, so he’s just a placeholder for this year, while we draft our QB of the future.  I hope one of the top QB’s slide down to us, but if not, we can draft Mond in the 3rd round.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think the reason we haven’t signed a starter level FS or LB are there are players we really like in the draft. Probably plan to see if we get one, and if we don’t, sign one in FA. 

maybe, but we could still do a one year deal with someone? Patience is the key for us.....I would love to sign a big, pounding running back or draft one. A guy who falls forward and gains 3 yards. A back who can salt a game away and take some pounding off of Gibson.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No reason for Scherff and Allen to do long term deals right now when they and their agents know the cap will go up a decent amount next year. The downside for them is if they get hurt this season or something.

As far as 1 year deals, we signed Fitz to a 1 year deal.

several other franchise guys have signed extended deals

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Boston is a lock to be our starter and there's no rush.

I hope we land Wright.

I'd feel better rushing so he is locked up.

Hope we get both if not Hooker. Sure would make the draft easier to go BPA and Oh what a D we would have!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think the reason we haven’t signed a starter level FS or LB are there are players we really like in the draft. Probably plan to see if we get one, and if we don’t, sign one in FA. 

There's a bunch of good receivers in this draft, yet they signed Samuel. There's no guarantees in the draft. Whoever catches our eye may have caught someone elses as well

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

There's a bunch of good receivers in this draft, yet they signed Samuel. There's no guarantees in the draft. Whoever catches our eye may have caught someone elses as well

Plus, even if we were to hit on a pick at LB, our depth there is so poor that we would still be thin at the position. We need more help. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Crossing my fingers. 

Harris would have been a huge get. Feel like Wright and Harris would have put the defense into elite category. 

I really think Jeremy Reaves can be a very good player for us....Him and Curl are gonna get it done. Gotta let some of our young guys play and grow, he could be one of them. 

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I really think Jeremy Reaves can be a very good player for us....Him and Curl are gonna get it done. Gotta let some of our young guys play and grow, he could be one of them. 

Dude cannot tackle. No harm letting him compete with Boston for the starting gig

4 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

Envy those players getting paid in Bitcoin. Damn, I kick myself for not looking into Bitcoin years ago. Even a year would have made a huge difference. I have a few Ethereum though and hopefully they will appreciate down the road.

Bitcoin is just getting started.  People will still be kicking them self years from now for not seeing it now. 

• Like 1